“Save your money” 2 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Steakhouse, Eclectic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Description: Madison's Café, a ‘Jefferson City Tradition’ since 1982, offers casual, relaxed, yet elegant dining, with a focus on northern Italian, American and eclectic cuisine: mouthwatering appetizers, salads, soups, sandwiches, pasta, hand-cut steaks, seafood, and a variety of signature dishes. Our menu changes often, reflecting use of locally sourced products: from our daily, fresh, locally baked bread, locally bred and raised Wagyu burgers, produce, to herbs from our own herb garden. Our gluten-free fare, whole wheat pasta, and a wide variety of vegetarian fare pleases the most sensitive palate. Our environment is unique and inviting—a gathering place for family and friends, or perfect for that romantic evening out. We have two excellently appointed private dining rooms for any special event or business meeting. Off-site catering services are available from small intimate gatherings to over 300. Carry out is always available. Al fresco dining on our large patio is wonderful when weather permits! Come to Madison's where you restore your spirit and share the simple pleasures with family and friends…one delicious bite at a time Located in beautiful downtown, two and a half blocks from the Capitol; a half-block from the Governor's Mansion; five blocks from the historic Missouri State Penitentiary; three blocks from the Amtrak Station; about a 1/2 mile from the bridge bike/walk crossing to the Katy Trail, and directly across the street from the Madison Street parking garage.
“Save your money”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

Our group just found this place by chance and decided to try it. I got the stuffed mushrooms and the salad. The salad was awesome (except for the iceberg lettuce), but the mushrooms were so awful...just extremely bland. I hate giving bad reviews but I was so disappointed. The service was great and atmosphere was pleasant but I paid 20 bucks for a meal I didn't eat. I would give them another chance for sure but if you are going don't get the mushrooms. I tried the fried zucchini which was amazing. I would give them another chance if I was here in the future.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

79% Recommend
San Juan Islands, WA
“Could have been friendlier”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We selected the restaurant based on reviews and brought our friends, who we were visiting. They live in JC and had been at Madison's before. The past was very good and the salads delicious. Our waitress was efficient but not interested in us at all. Someone neglected to tell her we are guests.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Jefferson City, Missouri
“Great food- okay experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

We typically love to eat here and the food is always good. I love the combination salad. Their pastas are always good. We were seated by some serving area off to the left when you go into the main dining area. All the servers kept reaching behind my wife's head to get water and stepped on her purse a few times. It was odd. I would ask to be moved if I was ever put there again. We will go back, it just wasn't a 5 star night.

Jefferson City, Missouri
“Outstanding Italian in Jefferson City”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

This restaurant has been serving JC for over 30 years. I have eaten there on average at least once a month through out its existence. Not only have I never had a bad meal there, it is probably one of the best you'll have in Jefferson City or Central Missouri for that matter. It's been under the same owner since it's inception and their standard is high. My favorite is the Chicken Angeline. I actually have a lot of favorites and their house salad is something everyone talks about from all around. Great atmosphere and 2 blocks from the Missouri State Capital - one from the Governor's Mansion. Any time I'm asked where to go for a great meal, it is Madison's Cafe.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Jefferson City, Missouri
“inside/ outside eating w/ fine food experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Great food and atmosphere, varied menu all great. I Have eaten there dozens of times, never a bad meal! The cafe tables outside are nice in summer, and the gov. mansion is just around corner.

Visited November 2012