“Nice and Clean” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Jefferson City
St. Louis
“Nice and Clean”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

It's pretty good. Room is clean but bed is little bit uncomfortable. They have nice breakfast. Reasonable price for good quality. If I am on business trip to Jefferson City, I will use same place again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Fordland, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I love mom and pop motels and hotels. I hardly ever have a bad experience staying in mom and pop joints where mom and pop (and maybe other family members) actually work in the facility. The Econo Lodge in Jeff City, Missouri is one splendid example of such a setting. The pride and strong work ethic displayed by the owners of this motel is obvious and is appreciated. As others have commented, like most Econo Lodge facilities, this one is no 5th Avenue - 5-Star Hotel where you would stay to impress others -- or yourself :). There are few frills. However, for a good, clean, comfortable, spacious room -- fridge and microwave included -- and innkeepers who seem appreciative of one's patronage of their establishment, you just can't beat this one.
Peaceful Blessings and Safe Travels, Brother Bill, Shepherd's Assistant, Nazarean Missions - moreableinc.org.

Room Tip: Stayed in several; never had a bad one yet. I always opt for ground floor for convenience of parkin...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

This Econo Lodge offers a great value. The place is not fancy and the breakfast in minimal, but the my room was clean, and in good condition considering the age of the motel. This place is actually cleaner then other locaions that I have stayed in Jefferson City that were twice the price. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpfull. I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Potosi, MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Place was clean and well kept. A little worn around the edges here and there, but well cleaned. Standard continental breakfast. Don't get me wrong, no frills, but a very clean and safe place to spend the night. I'll stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Jefferson City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

The carpet was messed up by the bathroom, the wallpaper was peeling, and the bathroom table looked broke. Why did I give it 5 stars? It was $47 with tax. For that kind of money I expect a roof and something resembling a bed. I got that and a clean bug free room, fridge, microwave, small coffee pot and free wifi. I felt safe in the neighborhood which is worth the $47 alone.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
South Bend, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Last week, while traveling on business with a group, our company put us up in this motel. Upon entering my room, I immediately walked in to use the bathroom and turned on the lights. Within 5 minutes, I'd stomped on 6 cockroaches and immediately flushed them down the toilet. Had I been traveling alone, I would have exited the room and demanded my money back for the room and stayed elsewhere.
I can only pray that the next time my company puts us up in a motel in this area, it won't be the Econo Lodge in Jefferson City, MO. I think I'll sleep out in the van if they do.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Kansas City, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

When I started working the contract I am on right now, my company put me up in this hotel because it was the only one immediately available. The stay wasn't bad, though it was a hassle checking in because they needed my company to fax certain forms since it wasn't under my personal credit card. Room was decent, clean, hot water, working fridge and microwave; but kind of rugged looking place. Now, I have to stay at places about a week at a time, because I'm just assigned to work certain areas of MO Monday-Friday, then I drive 3 hours back home for the weekend. I checked in there for one more week because I wasn't completely dissatisfied with the first stay. The 2nd stay I was placed in a room that smelled really weird, the AC didn't work, and the bathroom was disgusting. Wallpaper coming off the walls, rust on the tub drain. I was too exhausted my day of check in to do anything about it, so I slept, went to work the next morning, came back and asked to be placed in another room. I requested my previous room number and they gave it to me no questions asked. Staff all seem very courteous and nice. But really, there's a nicer Days Inn right next door that's around the same price. If it happens to be cheaper at the time you're booking, then go for it. Just be warned some rooms here are disgusting, others aren't.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to Econo Lodge - Jefferson City? Share your experiences!