“Good economical night's stay.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #11 of 14 hotels in Jefferson City
Potosi, MO
“Good economical night's stay.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Place was clean and well kept. A little worn around the edges here and there, but well cleaned. Standard continental breakfast. Don't get me wrong, no frills, but a very clean and safe place to spend the night. I'll stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

29 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Jefferson City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

The carpet was messed up by the bathroom, the wallpaper was peeling, and the bathroom table looked broke. Why did I give it 5 stars? It was $47 with tax. For that kind of money I expect a roof and something resembling a bed. I got that and a clean bug free room, fridge, microwave, small coffee pot and free wifi. I felt safe in the neighborhood which is worth the $47 alone.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
South Bend, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Last week, while traveling on business with a group, our company put us up in this motel. Upon entering my room, I immediately walked in to use the bathroom and turned on the lights. Within 5 minutes, I'd stomped on 6 cockroaches and immediately flushed them down the toilet. Had I been traveling alone, I would have exited the room and demanded my money back for the room and stayed elsewhere.
I can only pray that the next time my company puts us up in a motel in this area, it won't be the Econo Lodge in Jefferson City, MO. I think I'll sleep out in the van if they do.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Kansas City, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

When I started working the contract I am on right now, my company put me up in this hotel because it was the only one immediately available. The stay wasn't bad, though it was a hassle checking in because they needed my company to fax certain forms since it wasn't under my personal credit card. Room was decent, clean, hot water, working fridge and microwave; but kind of rugged looking place. Now, I have to stay at places about a week at a time, because I'm just assigned to work certain areas of MO Monday-Friday, then I drive 3 hours back home for the weekend. I checked in there for one more week because I wasn't completely dissatisfied with the first stay. The 2nd stay I was placed in a room that smelled really weird, the AC didn't work, and the bathroom was disgusting. Wallpaper coming off the walls, rust on the tub drain. I was too exhausted my day of check in to do anything about it, so I slept, went to work the next morning, came back and asked to be placed in another room. I requested my previous room number and they gave it to me no questions asked. Staff all seem very courteous and nice. But really, there's a nicer Days Inn right next door that's around the same price. If it happens to be cheaper at the time you're booking, then go for it. Just be warned some rooms here are disgusting, others aren't.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Wichita, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

The place we usually choose to stay was already booked, as was just about every place in town, so we ended up at Econo Lodge. It was NOT our first choice. However, after staying there I can confidently say we would definitely choose it again. The price was amazing. The room was clean. The staff was friendly. Keep in mind that when you opt for a cheaper place, you lose some of the extras that you might be used to. There was no hair dryer, and there were only 2 full-sized towels in the room. The pillows were probably the most disappointing of anything - just not very big and full. Overall - a very nice 2-night stay. Stop by - I don't think you'll regret it!

Room Tip: We were on the end of the 2nd floor - and it was extremely quiet!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
STURGEON
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Pool was very good.

Room was nice and well kept.
Culvers next to property and Mcdonalds just down the road - but you could not safely walk to either one.

The only problem I had was the WiFi Signal was so weak in my room that it was not usable. I had to use my wireless broadband to access the internet.

The breakfast was average-cereal, cold biscuits and warm gravy, coffee, juice, oatmeal and a few pastries,

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Roanoke, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

I was visiting a friend in Jeff and I chose the Econo Lodge due to their price and my loyalty to Choice Hotels. Lets say I was not at ALL disappointed.

Upon arriving at the motel, the front desk man was very friendly and thanked me for staying at his property. Ran my card and gave me my key and told me to enjoy my stay.

I drove over to the room (yes this is a motel with drive up rooms available. I like this) so I did not have to walk far at all! Arriving in the room I find a VERY comfortable king sized bed in a room appointed with furnishings that appear very 1980s but WELL kept and clean. This in my opinion adds charm to the room. I LOVE retro decor. The carpet was clean and the shower had excellent water pressure. They also had complimentary internet access which is how I like it. The Heater also functioned very well.

In conclusion, I highly recommend the Econo Lodge, REASONABLE rates and VERY clean.

Room Tip: Get a room on the 1st floor so u can drive right up to your door..
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled solo

Been to Econo Lodge - Jefferson City? Share your experiences!