“Business stay-return visit to hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Jefferson City
Hannibal, Missouri
“Business stay-return visit to hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel on business trips in the past and is a good place to stay. Staff friendly and each time I have stayed Mary is the host in the evening and Dan is the morning receptionist.
Beds and room are comfortable but.....I do not like the very small and very uncomfortable pillows. I think instead of having 4-5 pillows on the bed you should only use two very nice pillows.
Breakast was excellent and I really enjoyed the eggs and hash browns with gravy.
I will be staying there again on other business trips to Jefferson City.

Phone to the hotel: 573-635-4175

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Platteville, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

I have stayed at several of the hotels in Jefferson City and this hands down in the best. The staff are very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

Wow, this isn't your father's Best Western!

Newly rebuilt hotel. Stayed in a room with two queen beds. I was mighty impressed by how spacious the room was - there is even a sense of a foyer when you walk in. Large bathroom, nicely appointed. There is a generous sitting area with a love seat, large upholstered chair, coffee table, and refreshment center, consisting of microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker, and the ice bucket.

Large TV with a sanitize-able remote control.

Free wifi.

Comfortable bed with pleasing linens.

Indoor, heated pool. Pleasant breakfast room that has not only salt/pepper shakers on table, but syrup bottles.

Friendly staff.

This was a great place to stay at a reasonable cost.

The fly in the ointment: On paper, the BW offers a substantial breakfast: waffles, eggs, sausage, biscuits, bagels, cereal, oatmeal ... even hash browns! Good coffee. Here's the bummer: The eggs, sausage, biscuits, and hash browns ... they tasted like facsimile food fashioned from ersatz ingredients. Ick. I tried the yogurt, which, amazingly, was also tasteless. I looked at the brand; it was something I'd never heard of. Maybe the hotel was just having a bad day in this regard.

Other than the breakfast, I was very impressed with the hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
BWCapitalInn, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Capital Inn, responded to this review, January 18, 2012
It’s funny you should mention that the BEST WESTERN PLUS Capital Inn “isn’t your father’s Best Western,” because it is! The second generation tore down the old property and rebuilt in 2007. The hotel has been passed down from father to sons and now I have joined the team as the granddaughter. Our family strives to provide all guests with the comforts of home.

I apologize for the less than desirable breakfast. We do not season our prepared foods to accommodate guests with varying dietary needs. We hope that the salt and pepper on each table will accommodate most taste differences. We are also in the process of changing food vendors, so we are still testing their menu options. Your feedback is very helpful in this matter.

I hope you will join us again when you travel back to Jefferson City.
Meadville, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

This is my favorite hotel next to the Marriott on Michigan Avenue in Chicago. The staff is super-friendly and helpful. The facilities are immaculate. I recommended this to out of state relatives and they were just as impressed. The rooms are huge and the environment is very homelike. I absolutely love it. I have stayed at some other Best Westerns and have been very disappointed in the value I got for my money. This place is certainly no disappointment. I know why the parking lot was full and was glad that I was able to get a reservation. AWESOME place!

Room Tip: The stairs are on either end of the building. The elevator is in the middle. There is no ice machine...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Wow! Thank you for the compliments! I will pass on your kind words to our staff. It is recognition like this that motivates us to continue striving to produce the best service and cleanest place to stay!
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2011 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for a quiet weekend get away and sight seeing. The hotel was very clean but they had a water leak in the ceiling the day before we arrived. For the in convience , the manager sent us a gift card to use at any Best Western! The staff was very friendly and the hotel was in a good location. You must see our state Capitol at night when you go to Jefferson City.

• Stayed October 2011
Kansas City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011 via mobile

This hotel has nice big rooms with loveseat, chairs, desk, microwave, and frig. The TV was HD. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. They have an indoor pool and hot tub. The breakfasts were good with waffle makers, scrabbled eggs, biscuits and gravy, and hashbrowns.

• Stayed November 2011
Hutchinson, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

I have to be honest.... I have avoided staying at ANY Best Western for the last few years because of their lumpy beds, small thin bath towels, horrible pillows and unpleasant surroundings. When I tried to make reservations at another hotel in the Jefferson City area, only to find out that they were completely booked, I was devastated. I knew the only other place I would even consider was the Best Western. I reluctantly booked two nights there. I am proud to say that I was PLEASANTLY SURPRISED!! Very nice, clean, spacious rooms. Comfortable beds & pillows. Very acceptable bath towels. Breakfast was adequate with a nice selection. The granddaughter enjoyed the pool. We will DEFINITELY stay here many more times!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Capital Inn? Share your experiences!