“Very clean, friendly staff and local charm.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Jefferson City
EVANSVILLE
“Very clean, friendly staff and local charm.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We came from out of town to attend the University of Missouri vs. University of Kentucky football game. The hotel was easy to get to from Columbia and an easy drive to downtown Jefferson City. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The lobby is very nicely furnished and decorated with a tv and magazines. The local newspaper is there as well as a chalkboard showing local events, weather, etc. There is a DVD library behind the counter with a huge selection of movies. The room was very nice, comfortable, clean and includes a stovetop and full-size refrigerator. There was a microwave popcorn bag in the microwave and a free water or soda waiting in the Cupboard. The fitness room was very nice as well. There were fall decorations outside and throughout. I would definitely recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: King size bed is very comfortable!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
gmjeffcity, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Hotel Jefferson City, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Thank you very much for leaving this kind review.

I am sorry though that I did not respond sooner. We are making a concentrated effort respond using social media, quicker and more effectively.

Finally we love giving you the experience that you find memorable when you stay with us. We decorate for not only Fall but Christmas and Patriotic Holidays as well. We try hard to make this a home away from home for all of our guests and if we can do something for you in the future all you to do is ask.

Thank you for your business and making us your choice when you come to Jefferson City.

Trey Propes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Springfield, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel many times while in JC. The rooms are always clean and nice. The staff is generally great. One time though when I checked in they said they had only a smoking room left. I said I would find another hotel to stay at and they said they'd have to charge me for one night if I didn't stay in the smoking room. I left and refused to pay - but this has been the only bad experience here.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
gmjeffcity, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Hotel Jefferson City, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Thank you very much for the kind review.

I am glad your overall experiences with the hotel have been very positive and we really appreciate the fact that you have choice to stay anywhere in Jefferson City and you choose to stay with us, it means a great deal.

If in the future their is anything that I or the staff can do for you or you have any concerns please don't hesitate to give me a call. Our management and staff will always try to work with you to address your needs and concerns. Please feel free to call me with any feedback because that is how we improve as a staff and as a hotel.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

Me and my wife have recently relocated to Jefferson city. We have spent a good deal if time in this hotel and will spend a great deal more there. Why you may ask? Friendly staff is actually an understatement. Clean, they even talked my dog calm so they could enter to clean. Just overall a pleasant stay. even when working thirty miles over in Columbia i gladly drive back to Jefferson city to stay...yes the service and room are that good.

• Stayed July 2012
gmjeffcity, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Hotel Jefferson City, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review and I have shared it with staff. Sometimes the staff does not hear about all of the good things people say and sharing something like this with them validates the extra effort that we ask of them. The highest compliment you can give us is a referral and your continued business and behalf of all of us with Candlewood Suites we thank you for the opportunity to serve.

Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

We had such a wonderful experience staying here. Our room was super clean and roomy. The staff was very friendly. There were lots of little amenities, including a handy little snack shop. They mean what they say when they call themselves pet friendly. We brought our fur babies with us and the hotel was more than accommodating; they even feature a special dog-walking area outside. The price was right too.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Hotel Jefferson City, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Thank you for the wonderful review.

The best compliment that we can receive from a guest is a referral and your kind words are the best referral we can hope for. I am happy you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and if you travel through this way again we would love having you as a return guest.

Finally, thank you for commenting on the cleanliness of your room. The experienced staff we have here really takes pride in their work and its great to see them recognized for their efforts.

Please come back and see us.

North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

Apparently there is a chronic problem with the exhaust vents in the bathroom at this hotel. The flap keeps banging the whole time in a windy day. I have made a comment about that to the reception and they told me the solution was to keep the exhaust fan running all the time. Apparently they do not care about the environment at all.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
gmjeffcity, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Hotel Jefferson City, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Dear Sir,

I appreciate your comments concerning the hotel and deeply apologize that your stay was not a better one. I hope that you will give the staff and I a chance to make that up to you at some point in the future.

The bathroom damper on the fan is an issue that has come up before and as you pointed out on days of strong it will "tap" consistently unless turned on. That damper is necessary though with all new properties requiring the damper to meet fire code so that smoke does not travel from one room to another, within the vent system, in the event of a fire. A hassle but a life safety one that we try to work around. The fan's are silent, or nearly so, and that does remove the noise you were referring to.

As far as how we feel about the environment I hope you also saw that we use environmentally friendly water faucets, toilets and shower heads. We are equipped with and energy management system for our P-Tac units and actually promote recycling throughout the the hotel by staff and guests alike.

We, like anyone else, have guest issues and we have taught staff that having a guest issue is inevitable but how we deal with that issue is what needs to set us apart from the competition. That their job is to take the mistake made, and first and foremost make it up to the guest. Then learn from the mistake so we don't repeat it and have it affect anyone else. In this case we should have done better and will do better in the future.

Springfield, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012 via mobile

My only complaint was the mattress. If you like them firm you will love there beds.
I knew up-front that there was no continental breakfast or pool. Those are usually deal breakers. We were traveling without children so it was exactly what we needed. We stayed in room 233. It was basically a 1 bedroom apartment.
Very clean, new, and plenty of room to stretch out relax in a very good part of town.

• Stayed April 2012
gmjeffcity, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Hotel Jefferson City, responded to this review, May 4, 2012
We appreciate your kind words and especially that you took the time to place them here. Kind revues and referrals are the most that we can ask from any guest. We look forward to serving you in the future and thank you for your business.

Trey Propes, GM
Jefferson City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

I've never stayed in a Candlewood Suites before, but if they're all like this one, I will definitely stay again. The staff is very friendly and make you feel like family, which is nice when you're staying away from home for months at a time. They're very considerate and pay attention to small details. My room is comfortable and well appointed with a higher quality linens than I would expect. The entire place is very clean and neat. The laundry and gym are both well maintained. I highly recommend this Candlewood.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
gmjeffcity, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Hotel Jefferson City, responded to this review, April 11, 2012
Kathy A,

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to provide us with this review. We know we did well when someone will take the time to complete a review on Tripadvisor and point out individual things that meant the most to them. Of all of the things you mentioned two of them struck me the most. First you said we were "Very Considerate" which tells me that my staff is making the connections necessary to provide you with exceptional customer service and that is what the "Hospitality" business should be about. The other was that you would "Highly Recommend the Candlewood". A recommendation from one of our previous guests is the highest and most sincere acknowledgement of our efforts to provide you with the best stay possible, as well as being just downright flattering.

Thank you from the entire staff.

Trey Propes, General Manager
Award Wining Candlewood Suites of Jefferson City, MO

Been to Candlewood Suites Hotel Jefferson City? Share your experiences!