“Beware - They Won't Hesitate to Deceive You” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save 20%
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Jefferson City
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Beware - They Won't Hesitate to Deceive You”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Disappointing.

I am an Army pilot who ferried 2 helicopters through Jefferson City in January '13. We had 4 reserved government rate rooms at the Doubletree. Upon check in, the employee who was processing my card and information came up on an error in the computer. She inquired with the second front desk employee with some under their breath whispers, and then returned to her station to finish my processing. I thought nothing of it at the time, since I received my room.

It wasn't until after the trip that I realized the price they charged me was not the government rate approved for that hotel. I called in and spoke with both Natalie and Melissa in an effort to receive reimbursement, but was told they ran out of government rate rooms that day, and therefore charged me the regular rate. That would explain the error and the whispers, but not the deception. Why not just fess up and tell me that they had overbooked? Maybe it was the "No worries, the government is paying for it" mindset. Well the difference is paid out of my own pocket. Their inability to work with me in rectifying the problem is even more disappointing.

Other than the employees requiring ethics training, the rooms themselves were average to nice. I will not stay here again during our ferry flights and will be sure to spread the word to our other pilots.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Columbia, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Went here for our Valentine's weekend! Staff was very friendly and helpful and the suite was nice! Just wish there were more suites available as we were not able to extend our stay in our suite due to being overbooked. The manager was very helpful with accommodating us with another room. We will be staying in this hotel again whenever we go to Jefferson City! =)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Stayed here for 5 nights while on business and had a decent experience with a few exceptions - the internet was slow and the food was expensive and sub-par. I had a hard time maintaining my VPN connection while connected via Wi-Fi so I switched to ethernet and it was worse. I ordered room service the first night and wasn't impressed. No problem, as the hotel is located very convenient to local eateries. The coffee bar in the lobby serves up Starbucks which is a nice touch. Overall, the staff were friendly and the room was clean and quite comfortable. If you enjoy very soft water then you will love it here; otherwise, be prepared to feel slick and slippery after your shower :)

Room Tip: Internet connection was very slow on the 3rd floor - maybe better higher up?!?!?!?
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

If business brings you to Jefferson City, there aren't many options for hotels. The Doubletree is by far the best one. The rooms are very nice. The lounge on the top floor of the hotel is nice (but the bar is curiously high up when you sit at it). Jefferson City is a small town. The Doubletree is as nice as most others I've frequented. You won't find another property anything close to this quality in town.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Restaurant & Bar always great, and the hotel is convient to business in the area. Rooms clean, staff friendly. My favoriate place to stay in JC. Can't argue with a warm chocolate chip cookier either!
Glass of wine in the penthouse bar helps wind down the day

Room Tip: Glass of wine in the penthouse bar helps wind down the day!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

This hotel is very clean, both in the room and common areas. The staff could not have been better. They are friendly and helpful. The hotel is an older hotel that has been remodeled and this is where the problem comes in. The hotel is round in shape (I think they stopped building these round hotels for a reason). The rooms are basically triangle shaped with the bathroom squeezed in near the door. The room is too small and the bulky furniture makes the problem much worse. We couldn't get the luggage cart past the door, literally, it was propping the door open while we unloaded. Once you get your stuff in the room, the floor space disappears before your eyes. I had to get up in the middle of the night and ran into both the TV stand (too big) and the refrigerator/microwave stand (WAY too big). This room felt like a minefield. Overall, I've stayed at less expensive hotels, had a much bigger room AND they provided a continental breakfast. I don't think I would stay here again.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I was impressed by the overall quality of this hotel. The staff was friendly and helpful, the common areas and rooms were very clean, the internet worked wonderfully, and the cookies they gave us at check-in were quite possibly the best cookies ever! I wasn't sure what to expect after reading mixed reviews, but I have to say that I had no complaints at all! It is a little pricier than some of the other hotels in the area, but I think it was worth every dollar of the extra money spent. I would definitely stay in this hotel again when visiting Jeff City!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Jefferson City? Share your experiences!