“Tow day visit” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 9 Restaurants in Richmond
Hobart
“Tow day visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Liked the honest approach to quality food and nutritious dinning. Also liked that there were plenty of specialty dishes with apricot chutney and/or sauces. Apricots are grown on site.

Visited April 2013

“Ignore all previous reviews! This place is perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

This post is dated 3rd March 2013. I booked my wedding at Hatchers Manor last year, and then I found trip advisor and got a little worried! Well today is the day after my wedding and I can quite confidently say IGNORE THE BAD REVIEWS! Everything went off without a hitch! Nothing was too much for Jeanette to organize for us! I wanted Janz for the toasts, she got it. The garden was beautifully manicured as promised, and the reception looked absolutely stunning! There was not one bad comment from any of my guests (some of whom are very hard to please) Also a huge plus for my partner and I is that it was not alternate drop for the meals! You select a menu with 2 entre, 2 main etc and every one of your guests gets to choose which they would prefer. There was barely any wait for the meals (which were all delicious) i have waited longer for meals in 5 star restaurants. I have read that the dogs were a nuisance for other people, but my guests wouldn't have known that the owners had dogs, and I'm sure if they had got into the reception venue it would have been a mistake and Jeanette would have fixed it. There were plenty of staff on to make sure all our guests got served super fast! The tables were presented beautifully! Jeanette has done so many weddings and it showed! She brought out our wedding cake sliced up with the tea an coffee after dessert (something which I had left off my checklist) so everyone could have a slice. I just don't think I can say enough about how brilliant this place is! Most venues charge room hire plus you still have to decorate it yourself! Not here!
I wish there was a way I could put all you weary brides at ease, but I know that the negative comments will still float around in your head. All I can say is that my night was perfect, everything went off without a hitch and we definitely felt we got more than our money's worth. I would recommend this place a thousand times over.
Miranda

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Christmas Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We as Mother and Daughter went to Hatchers Restaurant for Christmas Day lunch, we were greeted at the door and shown to our table. As being one of the last to arrive we were served soup straight away which was delicious. There was plenty of food being served from the buffet i.e. salads, vegetables, salmon, turkey, pork and ham and an ample amount of desserts with teas and coffee. The restaurant was busy, but not noisy we could quite easily chat together, with soft background Christmas music. Well done and thank you.