“NOT HAPPY” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Richmond, Australia
“NOT HAPPY”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

The young Lady who took our orders was lovely.....that's where it stopped. We both ordered an entrée from the menu of the Slow baked onion and Parmesan Tart with a Rocket Salad....the dressing on the salad was well and truly overdone......it had nothing in common with the Tart at all.....we couldn't help but feel the Tart was heated in a microwave, as you could have lit your cigarette off the centre of the tart, when the outside was barely warm. And the Parmesan which we imagined was on the top of the Tart due to the visible texture, wasn't even noticeable on the palette.
The mains we ordered were both lamb based with vegetables. The lamb was lovely and tender, certainly no complaints there, but the baked potatoes were well and truly over salted, with the brochilli and julienned carrots tasting like they had either been in the steamer for the entire afternoon or they had been in the freezer for an age before being steamed. Either way, shocking.
But the worst was to come....I like to select the specials generally, as they "should be" the freshest on the menu. Well not here my friends. I have a broken tooth to prove it. Something that I can only imagine was sliced soon after it came out of the oven, and then spent the rest of it's life in the fridge or freezer uncovered. Really, you could have hammered a nail into timber with the offering. The filling, once you got through to it, was like a fruit cake, not unpleasant at all by itself. But strangely enough, soon after the guy delivered this disaster, he must have been watching, as he came over and offered us both a knife each to help us cut through it. He would have seen us struggling to make any inroads into this desert with either fork or spoon. I should have asked for a chain saw!!! We REALLY had trouble making even an indentation into this supposed tart....even now armed with the knife. The mound of cream and the berries that accompanied it were lovely, but it would have been nice to be able to enjoy the dish for what it was supposed to be.
I was still hungry after the meagre entrée and main, so instead of making a fuss(as I should have) I chose to bite my tongue, and instead, picked up the so called tart, and bit into it minus the useless fork, spoon and knife that were offered. I ended up eating it all......don't know why....just hungry I guess....and unfortunately during the process, I managed to lose half of one of my back molars.....Now do you get how hard this tart was!!!!
We called over the young Lady to complain....we explained ourselves without fuss or bother....nice and quiet so as not to make a scene....just wanted to let the chef know that this dish needed to be OFF the menu. And we ordered a coffee each.
She dutifully disappeared into the kitchen......that was it......nothing......no apologies offered....not a thing...nothing from the management....no enquiry about my tooth....just the bill delivered on a saucer and that's your bloomin lot.

No recommendations from us I'm afraid.
Michael and Maree.....AND we are Richmond locals ...not tourists.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Sydney, Australia
“Great morning tea”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

What a great way to begin our tour of Richmond. Blackberry and pistachio pancakes and scones with great coffee. Service was excellent and the food was delicious.

Brisbane, Australia
“Best Breakfast so far in Tas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Had an awesome breakfast here. I ordered the poached eggs my partner had the Savory French Toast he said it was the best he's had. Would recommend this place. Coffee was alright as well. Reasonably priced menu.

Hobart, Australia
“Excellent Sunday lunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

We spent a lovely few hours lunching on a Sunday here. Luckily we booked as they turned LOTS of people away!

2 of us had the mushroom risotto (optional prawns which we had!). This was amazing!! Fabulously creamy risotto with beautiful blend of mushrooms & tarragon. Cannot recommend this dish highly enough!!
Our friends had the chicken burger (which was a large meal served with delicious chips & salad) and the Mexican Style potted pie. The chicken burger was cooked perfectly & looked delicious too. The potted pie was also amazing!!! Fabulous taste & cooked perfectly.
Service was great - friendly & warm. Can't wait to go back!! Thank you for a brilliant day.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hobart, Australia
“Great Comfort Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

On a crisp day in June in Richmond, what better than a bowl of delicious hot soup for lunch? Served promptly by friendly staff in a cosy environment. Loved the art work hanging on the walls and the winter sunshine streaming through the windows overlooking Bridge Street. There was a small party of Ladies who Lunch on the table next to us who appeared to be regulars and were enjoying their more substantial meals. Definitely on my list of places to return to.

• Visited June 2013