“Lovely! Great food, nice view... We even had musicians on the street” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Club Colonial

Ranked #15 of 28 Restaurants in Huanchaco
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Reservations recommended
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Lovely! Great food, nice view... We even had musicians on the street”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012 via mobile

We found the restaurant on Fodor's. The food was excellent, the girl serving us lovely.
The beer was cold and the wine pretty decent.
The restaurant has great views of the ocean. It got to be great at sunset!

New Jersey
“Most forgetable meal in Peru”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

Definitely not the typical generous Peruvian portions. Flavor was "OK". Service was very good. Doesnt merit a return visit.

• Visited May 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Trujillo, Peru
“excepcional hospedaje en Huanchaco”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

service up to standard,great location,the food and acommodations are top, and personnel very friendly

• Visited February 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Pretty good breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2011 via mobile

Had breakfast there and we enjoyed it. It was a prefix menu which was plenty to eat. Brought us croissants and bread from a local bakery which were pretty good-nothing compared to a French bakery though. Eggs were fine and coffee has definitely been better at other places in Peru. We most enjoyed sitting outside on the lovely terrace to eat our breakfast.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Santa Cruz, California
“50 Meters from Sea no fish!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2011 via mobile

The problem with only 2 reviews is I have to take some responsibility. But the best restaurant in Northern Peru, really? You sould raise yor expectations.

My wife ordered shrimp stuffed avacado and pasta with shrimp and I ordered the osobuco. No osobuco so I ordered the tuna,what no tuna? Ok, Salmon? No salmon. Try to be reasonable but this was going to be our big night out at the " best rest in Northern Peru" so I settle on the Chicken Cordon Blue and the salad with nuts and blue cheese.

The bread comes and it is warm with good butter a good start.

Unfortunately after my wifes shrimp starter we were informed they were out of shrimp so my wife had to change her order to the chicken with mushroom and taragon.

I should note that we were the only patrons in the rest at 8:30 and we called for a reservation at 2 pm so they new we were coming.

My wife enjoyed her substitue but my substituted cordon blue was served with 1/4 raw and not cooked.

I am trying to be kind but this was in fact the worst restaurant we have eaten in our 30 days in Peru.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere