TRAVEL ALERT: SAFETY AND SECURITY More info

Present Moment Retreat
3.0 of 5 Spa   |   Playa Troncones Lote 3 Mnz. 21, Troncones 40880, Mexico   |
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Troncones
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Excellent Yoga, Food, and People”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

My family and I visited Present Moment over New Years. We love every aspect! The environment was relaxing, the staff were personable and were genuinely invested in our experience. We ate at the restaurant almost every night, and thoroughly enjoyed all of our breakfasts and lunches there (especially the smoothies and juices). The classes were all great, and the acupuncture was incredible. Overall, both Trocones and Present Moment were wonderful to experience and I would highly recommend a visit.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Lawton, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

The food was awful. Seared tuna cooked to rubber and everyone's dinner was way too salty. The only thing that was adequate was the goat cheese salad. Eat anywhere else. Troncones has a lot of good options for dinner.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

I spent ten days at the Present Moment Retreat; the staff were fabulous. The morning meditations and yoga classes were very intuitive. On the premises they have a variety of health services for those interested. I felt sublime after staying here for 10 days. Oh and the the restaurant, I wanted to eat every dish on the menu.

Arriving home I realized I had left my $250 sunglasses at in my cabana. I emailed them. The owner personally sent them back to Canada for me at no charge. I would recommend this place to anyone. Don't question it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

Back to Bliss Yoga just returned from our 2nd trip to Present Moment...& I must say that we will be back again. My favorite part as one of the yoga teachers is that this is such a beautiful setting to teach yoga overlooking the Pacific Ocean. CJ & Cobie did a fabulous job of making our job easier. Our group loved the extra class, especially Qi Gong offered by Peter...thank you so much! The food is superb, the kayaking excursion a big hit, & the restaurant staff with their hearts wide open to us made this trip so special.
My very personal favorite is walking on this fabulous beach & being completely alone, enjoying the sunshine, & dipping into the water.
Thanks so much Tom & CJ for creating this special place! we will be back next January! Jen

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

I have spent many weeklong vacations in Mexico. Zihuatenejo and the Playa del Ropa are one one my favorite destination vacations. Three years ago I discovered a whole new Mexican vacation genre when I spent a week with a Ted R.'s yoga group from the Twin Cites at PMR. I have been back every year since. PMR offers a place to heal, relax, explore and just have fun. Accommodations are charming and very comfortable. The ocean in front of PMR's elevated yoga platform drew me into the flow of yoga. Add the soothing sound of the surf, a raising or setting sun and bingo, nirvana. PMR offers a menu of classes staffed by highly skilled yoga teachers as well a variety of alternative options as listed in their website. Plenty to do or nothing based on your needs. PMR;s therapeutic healing arts services is staffed by professional, experienced and friendly practitioners.. A walk on the beautiful beach, swim in the surf or infinity pool, yoga, and or massage kept my days at PMR restful and reenergizing. PMR's kitchen produces fantastic meals that pay attention to local, organic authentic Mexican food. Lots of food options to choose from. The wait staff were great as well as all the folks working at PMR. They are a very happy group which in turn made us/ me feel welcome.
I will be back next year in January.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

This was my third year at present moment, each time on a YogaTed retreat with great yogies. I am sure it would be equally stunning with any visit. The first year was spectacular and it keeps getting better. Not because it's a 5 star hotel but because it's a 10 star, unpretentious yoga retreat. All the necessities for comfort without arrogance. The yoga platform over looking the gorgeous Pacific Ocean is the perfect way to great the day and end the day with sun salutations. A variety of classes are offered through the day for those in need of more. Or just strolling the beach or chilling by the pool with the delicious veggie/fruit drinks or smoothie is a perfect way to get the mind and body back to "the present moment." For a little more adventure horseback riding, light hiking, kayaking, etc. can be arranged by the pleasant, accommodating staff. The "menu" of massage options provides for a special "selfy" treat. Oh yea, the food is great, but I try not to over indulge, since the body doesn't need as much as the options I wanted to try:) Easy taxi ride from Zihuatanejo.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Missoula, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

"Back to Bliss" founders, Jen and Harriet, (the two yoga instructors that traveled with our yoga group from Montana) believe in having fun while practicing yoga and taking in all that is offered at a destination, and yet emphasize that everything is optional~ even yoga! At Present Moment Retreat Center the "art of doing nothing" can be mastered, along with a schedule of activities of your choosing. As our group settled into the serene, unpretentious, natural setting. we realized that in this laid back paradise we were sure to unwind quickly. We were impressed with the meticulous housekeepers, gardeners, wait staff (greeting us daily by name}, and healers. After the first night of getting used to our mosquito netting, the necessity became clear as the "no-see-ems" were pesky. We felt safe and secure with regard to our personal belongings left in our rooms and appreciated the friendly and trustworthy staff. The general manager, Jacqueline, went out of her way to make our experience extra special by offering her time and attention to each one of us individually and making arrangements for special requests. The variety of classes offered by Present Moment staff gave us the opportunity to experience different instructors and styles. We snorkeled; fished; boogie boarded; took a surfing lesson; went kayaking, hiking, birding; walked the beach; saw turtles released; ate fresh seafood; watched the sunset at night, and perfected the art of doing nothing. We are going back next year. What's there not to love about that?

Room Tip: All bungalows are open air with no A/C or sound proofing; positioned around the swimming pool.