TRAVEL ALERT: SAFETY AND SECURITY More info

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Troncones
Austin
“Amazing Adventure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Need to completely unplug? Want to relax and remember what it feels like to do absolutely nothing but breathe? Book a stay here. From the moment you step through their gate you'll be greeted with a smile and welcomed with open arms into a serene setting that nurtures all of the senses - from the rhythmic crashing of the waves and beautiful gardens graced with visiting hummingbirds to the phenomenal cuisine and soothing, care-filled massages offered, you'll quickly give in to the pleasure that is the present moment. Make it as spiritual an experience as you like, or just be.

- Friends of Bobby

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

In the 25 years we have been together this was the best vacation my wife and I have taken. Present Moment exceeded our expectations in every way. The property is beautiful; the staff is warm and friendly; the food is absolutely delicious; the location is perfect. The yoga classes are challenging but accessible to all ability levels (and they give you enough of a workout that you can eat more of the great food without guilt). They offer a wide variety of activities-- we took the kayaking eco-tour and loved it; some of the friends we met there took surfing classes and really enjoyed them. You'll run out of days before you run out of fun things to do. My wife would strongly recommend the 2 hour Thai Massage with Natalie (she had two). Go if you have the opportunity!

Room Tip: All rooms are nice. We stayed in "Peace" which is the only one with AC but our friends in...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

In March I brought with me a group of 6 yoginis to what I consider one of the most special places in the world. As happens when traveling with others, we all had our own hopes, expectations and personal requests as to what was most important to us. Every single wish was far surpassed at PM. The lodging and retreat center is so peaceful you never feel the need to wander much further than the beach. To practice our yoga every day at the movement pavilion was mesmerizing with the waves crashing and the glow of the sunshine gently moving across the floor. Every single meal surprisingly gets better than the next and this was shocking when out of 7 women there was never 1 of us that wished we had ordered something else. PM truly serves some of the best food I have ever eaten, especially at a resort.. hands down :)
Every massage/ facial and body work session was professionally and sincerely approached. You simply can not go wrong.. CJ and Tom and the PM staff have poured their hearts into PM and every detail shows. I can't wait to return despite the 12 hour flight with 2 layovers :) The first time my husband and I went we extended our stay 3 times, it is just that special kind of place!

Room Tip: They all have fantastic views of the pool and the ocean is only a few steps away!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Dallas, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

I found about about this place on Groupon. From the moment I arrived a was welcomed by everyone there. I had never traveled alone anywhere in my life so needless to say I was a little nervous. However, my fears quickly subsided. I was able to meet and bond with women from all over the world here. We really did become a family those few days I was there. There food is amazing and there yoga/meditation classes left me feeling realaxed, enlightened and rejuvanated. Thanks CJ, Coby and the Present Moment Staff for a wondeful time !!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

It had been about 3 years that I wanted to go to Present Moment but I had to cancel all the time because I was overworked. A friend of mine couln't stop raving about it and told me the most amazing things, about the beauty of it, the amazing organic food, the yoga, the warm prisitne sea, the surf spots, it sounded so magical. I finally made it happen and I must say it was even beyond my expectations. When I arrived, I was beyond tired and had to go through a big transition. I think this week was the best medicine I could offer to myself. I did a juice cleanse (that was a very interesting experience although the food I could see at the restaurant looked so divine, it made it hard sometimes for me to stick to that cleanse, but I made it and felt amazing). Everyone is adorable and very professionnal, all the therapists are true healers and most of the time also very good yoga teachers too. The bunglaows are super clean and they think about all the details, there is an internet access still (which is good from time to time even if we should not, right?). Don't think twice, just go now!! I will go every year, twice if I can! Loved, loved, loved it!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Atascadero, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

Present Moment Retreat Center is an amazing sacred space. I came with a heavy heart and need for transformation. From the first step into the lush beautiful gardens, I was embraced by a tranquility and harmony that sparked the inner muse. It wasn't just the beautiful bungalow with fabulous food, flirting with the warm waves and kayaking through the tributaries that inspired the senses, but It was being embraced by a loving supportive community of conscious, people who care. The staff was incredibly kind and supportive, and the yoga and meditation classes were healing for the body, mind and spirit. I am forever grateful to CJ, Tom and all the wonderful people that I met along the journey. Thank you.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Pozos, mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

This was our third visit to Present Moment. It just keeps getting better. Our week there was one of absolute sublimity & was very difficult to leave. Thought I would say a few words to those of you that are not necessarily "yoga folks" lest you think this is all there is to do at PM. Tho we enjoy yoga & occasionally participate this was not the primary focus of our trip tho I will say there is an amazing calming & peaceful element added to a stay here just by being in the vicinity of those who are practicing regularly. In particular we enjoyed our breakfast daily at the amazing restaurant (the deck has been extended since our last visit & is much more spacious w/tables even CLOSER now to the crashing waves) while witnessing morning yoga sessions always followed by a walk down the beautiful & unspoiled beach. As always the fellow travelers as well as the staff were sort of impossibly wonderful to meet & know. Special thanks to staff members CJ, Cody,Jessica, Juan, Jeri & Emily for making us feel so welcome & comfortable. I am particularly a freak for good service & I must say the quality of service at PM always exceeds my expectations. As we live in inland/central Mexico we were particularly in search of sun & surf. After spending three days barely leaving the property we made day trips to Playa Ropa, Isla Ixtapa (for coral reef snorkeling) & Playa Barra Potosi all of of which are less than an hour away returning every evening to cool down in the gorgeous pool, watch the amazing tropical birds that swirled around us & enjoy happy hour before getting ready for dinner. Treat yourself to this amazing place !

Room Tip: For a couple I highly recommend Bliss. Our single friend had Wisdom which was perfect & would wo...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Present Moment Retreat? Share your experiences!