“Had a great day with Steve” 5 of 5 stars

+(52)3221088436
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Naturalist guided hiking tours to the back country and historical areas of the Bahia de Banderas (Nayarit Riviera).
Denver, Colorado
“Had a great day with Steve”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

Steve was very fun to hang out with and we enjoyed our hike to Camino de Jaguar. He is easy-going, knowledgeable about plants and animals without being a know-it-all, and I really appreciated his insight on the birds of the area. After our hike, we stopped for Cocos Frios and it was a great way to wrap up a very nice hike.

Frisco, Colorado
12 attraction reviews
“Amazing hike”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

My wife and I wanted to do something other than water sports this day. We found Steve online and after reading the reviews decided to book with him. We had a wonderful day with Steve. Unfortunately his dog was too tired from the previous days events and told Steve he will stay home. Steve took us on a great hike, taught us some history about the area and trail. It is obvious Steve's passion for the outdoors and desire to share with others. Sadly the Camino del Jaguar
trail will be disturbed by a new highway planned sometime in the near future. This was an amazing 4 hr intermediate hike. Bring about 2L of water each and some snacks. You don't need any serious hiking boots since this is a well beaten path. Hopefully you will get to meet Steve's dog when you go.

Chicago
“Monkey mountain! An outstanding hike with Steve!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

My husband and I had a WONDERFUL experience hiking Monkey Mountain with Steve yesterday. Our friend, and host, (Beth at Villa CasaTerramar) suggested the hike after taking it last May. Once again, Beth didn't steer us wrong. From the email confirmation to directions about when and where to meet, what to bring, etc - to the conscientious guidance along the way - to Steve's charming personality - everything was wonderful. The hike was probably slightly steeper and a bit more technical than we expected - but an awesome adventure with spectacular views - and a good workout! A great day! We will likely take other hikes with Steve as well.

Edmonton, Canada
“Couldn't have been any better”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

I went on the Camino del Jaguar tour and it was everything I was hoping it would be and more. Steve is a wonderful guide, and the hike itself is was absolutely beautiful. Not only do you get the chance to see what the Mexican jungle has to offer, but having a guide so experienced really helps you to understand exactly what you are looking at. If I ever return to Sayulita another trek will be at the top of my list.

Medford, Oregon
“Best hiking in Sayulita!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

Not too long ago we visited Sayulita and, craving some real hiking experiences, signed up with Mexitreks for two of their hikes.....a half day hike to Monkey Mountain and a full day to Alta Vista. We are both very strong hikers and Monkey Mt was all Steve said it would be... elevation gain, great distance hiking and absolutely spectacular vistas... I was in awe that he actually carved out that hike himself. Amazing guy....very knowledgeable, personable....easy to talk to ..... very professional. The Alta Vista hike was also great and I am SOOO glad we chose to do it with Steve... My travel book says it's a hike you can do by yourself but without Steve we would NOT have been able to find our way there OR back. Mexitreks is a great Sayulita resource... Don't pass it up! You can only lay on the beach for so long! :-)