“Awesome first experience surfing” 5 of 5 stars

+52 329 291 2009
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Surf lessons, surf camps and surf trips in and around Sayulita. We have teamed up with I Love Waves who organizes the best surf camp option in Mexico. With theory lessons, video analysis and plenty of in-water practice, you will come out a better surfer, guraranteed! We take pride in teaching people to surf and to improve their current surfing level. We have a tight crew of instructors who, not only are excellent surfers, but amazing instructors. We assess your individual abilities and challenge you just enough to improve your current level, while still making it super fun. We believe surfing is the best sport in the world, and we'd be happy to have you surf with us.
Vancouver, Canada
“Awesome first experience surfing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I had never gone surfing ever in my life, so I booked a lesson with Lunazul Surf School due to their affiliation with, and a recommendation from the Aurinko Bungalows. I had my lesson with Papas and because I was the only one that had signed up for that afternoon, I had a private lesson.

The one on one instruction with Papas was great. He was patient, encouraging and his instruction was very clear and effective. On my first go in the water, I was up on the board and feeling pretty comfortable. The basics I learned from Papas made the afternoon on the surf board the highlight of my entire trip. I'm looking forward to my next surfing session.

The cost was very reasonable with the 1 hour lesson including the rash guard plus the additional hour rental of the board. My boyfriend also rented a board for himself without a lesson and got a 20% discount because we were staying at the affiliated hotel.

Bowness, Alberta, Canada
“Sayulita Surf Ambassadors”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Lunazul staff are very knowledgable and friendly. We rent SUP from them almost daily while in Sayulita. Kalle gave us SUP advice in the store. Victor was cool when I put a hole in a brand new board. And Pappas let me use one of his own paddles when all the others were rented out.

Gibsons, Canada
12 attraction reviews
“Victor made my 6 year old son a surf addict!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I booked a lesson with Victor, to show my 6 year old son a thing or two about surfing! Well he definitely exceeded my expectations. His patience and know how with young children was phenomenal. Needless to say my son is hooked. Watching from the beach I was amazed that he stood up on his first wave, and almost every wave after that. Spent the next three days of our holiday in the surf! Was so happy with the service from Lunazul, allowing my son to use the board the next day to keep practicing. I will definitely return!

Atlanta, Georgia
“Surfs Up on a Great Tim!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

My Father and I recently took our very first surf lesson with Lunazul Surf School and had a WONDEFUL time! We would reccomend this to all levels and all abilities! We were beginners and the instructors were beyond informative and helpful- we both got up on our first try in the water!!

Friendly and knowledgable staff- definitely a MUST surf school when you're in Sayulita!

Visited January 2013
Eugene, Oregon
“The Best First Time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I was in Sayulita for 1 night and day. I told my sister I wanted to try surfing, and she took me down to the beach. We walked up to Lunazul Surf School and Shop, and within an hour I was putting on my rash guard and starting my lesson with Kalle. My lesson was 1 1/2 hours, and he stayed out in the water with me the whole time helping me with technique and cheering me on. Kalle was super supportive and patient while I learned the skills. His expertise had me standing on my board and riding the waves on my first time out! I would highly recommend Lunazul Surf School to anyone, especially beginners!

Visited December 2012