“Great 1st time Surfer Lesson” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 22 Activities in Sayulita
Type: Surf Camps, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Lunazul Surf School! We take pride in teaching people to surf/SUP and improve their abilities. We have a tight crew of instructors who, not only are excellent surfers, but amazing instructors. We assess your individual abilities and challenge you just enough to improve your current level, while still making it super fun. We believe surfing is the best sport in the world, and we'd be happy to have you surf with us.
Eugene, Oregon, United States
“Great 1st time Surfer Lesson”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

My son, 13, took his first surf lesson at Lunazul...and it went super. We were well received at the counter for registration, he was warmly welcomed, and he had fun! The instructor was a joy to meet, and gave my son just the right kind of attention for his age. Thank you!

Visited January 2013

Eindhoven, The Netherlands
“First impression a bit too Rude but surfing lessons were Effective”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We arrived to the beach and sat on the benches which these guys had next to the shore. One of the employees came to us and asked us to either pay the fee for sitting on their chairs or leave. He was quite a bit too rude, so we moved to the next local's chairs. A couple of hours later, we were looking for surfing lessons and after comparing some other schools, this one was the one with the best price and that looked more professional, and nicer. We actually didnt know that the guys from the surfing school / shop were the same guys from the rude chair' guy, otherwise we wouldnt have chosen them but we realized that, until the guy from the store called the rude guy and introduced him as our instructor. We were quite sceptical but we decided give him a try, since now he was being nice. Well, it turned out that he was a cool and friendly guy and really good instructor, and after half an hour we were riding waves, while the other guys that had a different instructor were just being dragged by them.
After all, a nice experience, but I really think that they must improve how they reach the clients at first contact, because they might be loosing a lot of them.

Visited July 2012
Anchorage, Alaska
“Lunazul is Great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

The staff are really friendly and helpful. Our instructor, Papas, is friendly and easy going. Kalle and everyone in the shop were really nice and helpful throughout our stay in Sayulita. They are definitely the shop to check out there!
thank you to everyone at Lunazul!

Visited December 2012
Novato, California
“Grateful to Lunazul Surf School!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

While visiting with my grandkids, 9 yr old twins I signed them up for this surf school because, although they didn't seem that eager to learn it, I thought it could introduce them to a new skill that they could use while vacationing at the beach. Although quite reluctant, their instructor (Victor) was friendly, encouraging and fun. He spent quite a while on playful exercises to teach safety and fundamentals, then worked with each at their own pace until they could successfully stand on the boards and ride the waves! I was amazed at their fast progress under his instruction, and the joy and pride that they had in learning to surf. Now they are eager to go again, of course, and they want Victor to continue to be their fun teacher. I would highly recommend them. (Next time I might have them take lessons separately to maximize value of each hour.)

Visited January 2013
Calgary, Canada
“Effective and Friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

My girlfriend and I took lessons here with Victor, and he was super encouraging! I felt successful even when the waves were throwing me around like a rag doll. Even on days that we weren't taking lessons, they still greeted us, and inquired how our vacation was going. Overall, the staff treated us like friends from the day we walked in to inquire about lessons until the day we left, and I would recommend them to anybody who asks!

Visited December 2012