“Sayulita Dreaming - Villa Amor is a must stay at” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Villa Amor

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sayulita
Villa Amor
You added Villa Amor to your Saves list
Playa Sayulita | Nayarit, Sayulita, Mexico   |
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Sayulita
Denver, Colorado
“Sayulita Dreaming - Villa Amor is a must stay at”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I first came to Villa Amor in April 2013 for a week of sand and surf - it's now almost August and I'm still here! I fell in love with the place the night I arrived. Not only was my room immaculately decorated with every attention to detail met, the staff made it feel like home. Every villa reflects a different style and charm and are met with incredible views of the Pacific Ocean. Falling asleep to the sound of surf, I often leave the verandah doors open, knowing it's a safe haven.

The location is perfect, set South of the town. Close for walking purposes, but far enough away to be quiet.

Barbara and Jack add a special quality to this place that makes it feel like home.

I highly recommend Villa Amor and all it has to offer!

J. Fisher

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
brfnycsay, Owner at Villa Amor, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank you...seems you ahd the time we hope you did!!!!!! We look forward to hosting you again soon...Barbara

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Bonita, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I love this place! A friend and I were on a painting trip, when we happened upon Villa Amor 16 years ago. At that time it was still being constructed. The lower units were already completed and every time I came back after that, it was better and nicer. The hotel has grown, but the staff is as competent and friendly as always and since the new administration took over a couple of years ago, there is meticulous attention to detail and cleanliness. I have been in many of the villas, each one is different and all of them have charming character. Nowadays, my family and I always stay at "Romantica", which has a fabulous 180 degree ocean view, lots of art and style and bohemian chic. Have not been in a while, need to plan my next visit!

Room Tip: Villas closer to the street level require less stair-climbing!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
brfnycsay, General Manager at Villa Amor, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Yes Ilse and family...IT HAS been too long! I know one of your favorite things about Villa amor is the undisturbed whenever possible flavor of jungle and sea...Please come soon to see how the bougabilla has taken over the entrance,,,mixing with the yellow roses.....all too beautiful.....you must come see.

And your favorite fisherman is still here most dfays,,,bringing back fresh fish to the town...and us lucky folks who manage to snare one or two from him each day for our dinners.
Paris
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

This is not a fancy hotel but the staff is nice although a little unavailable at times.. the great part of staying here is how gorgeous it is..Sort of like living outside but having shelter. Walk half a block to the beach, walk to town, sleep to the melody of waves... just chill out!!

But don't forget your bug spray!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
brfnycsay, Owner at Villa Amor, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Madame 36!!!!!

You 'get' what Villa amor is!!!!!! a super super lush jungle group of lovely open to nature villas adjacent to the beach, the water,,,and the funnest little Mexican town left......since most have been gobbled up by huge hotelw with huge gates!!!!! Come to Sayulita.....and sleep with us.

Congratulations to you!!!! Barbara
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

What can I say about this place, but it was the most beautiful experience I could of asked for a weekend of friends, family and loved ones. This was the destination our friends G & C asked us to stay at for their destination wedding. Even though I am a traveler that likes to be engulfed into it's locals, I have to say, this was well worth the extra dollars I spent to receive very well service and get to enjoy different Villa's and abode's my friends were staying at. The rooms were very clean and well kept and each one had their own experience / character to it. It is such a beautiful place and I am so thankful that I got to experience such gratitude.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
brfnycsay, Owner at Villa Amor, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank youfor taking the time to write this review,,,it makes us very happpy to know we have pleased you...I hope to see you back here in the future. I am curious,,,what was less than good regarding your quality of sleep? all the matttresses are new or almost new,,,,what was less than what you wanted? WE need to know so we can improve for the next guest....Thank you. Barbara
AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We stayed at the Villa Amor in Sayulita for a wedding event, and were delighted by both the location and service! Each villa is different, with features based on the location on the hillside. We stayed 5 nights in Arboles, which has three separate bedrooms and bathrooms with A/C. There is a large outdoor living room, dining room small kitchen combo with coverage by a large thatched roof. There was a small pool also on the patio. All overlooked the ocean and the activities below on the road coming into the facility. The service was wonderful - from Omar and his crew that came in one night and cooked a fabulous dinner of our choice for our group of 6 (and also cooked for the wedding), to Uriel that waited on us for our personal meals as well as at the wedding up on top of the hillside. They made our stay most comfortable. The wedding was gorgeous, as was La Grande villa topside. It was a short 5 minute walk to town and we went in everyday for food and shopping No fitness center, but you definitely get your workout in with all the steps to our various villas! I would definitely recommend Villa Amor, and we will definitely return!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
brfnycsay, Owner at Villa Amor, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
How sweet it is" to have guests who are able to relalx,,,,and enjoy. Glad you were with us,,,and do hope you return. If you do,,,please ask for me,,,barbara. Thank you!!!!
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I just returned from 8 nights at Villa Amor. We were very happy with our stay there. Each room is different and unique, so you really need to look at the floor plans. The first 3 nights we spent in Hermosa, the room was spacious enough for 4 people. It was clean, bright, but no real balcony to sit out on. The last 4 nights we were in Casada. It was a totally different experience. The bedroom and bathroom were enclosed with a door and the bedroom had air-conditioning. The rest of the space was a giant outdoor living room over looking the ocean with a small soaking pool. It was just fabulous. All the furniture and architectural details made it so unique and special. It had a sink, coffeemaker, refrigde, toaster and 2 burner stove, so having a quick breakfast of afternoon snack was easy.

The staff, particularly Mirabell at the Concierge desk was helpful, and attentive. We were there in late May so it was less busy than the high season.

There was no central pool, which I did miss, but they are apparently putting one in this summer, so that's another bonus.

The proximity to town and the beaches is excellent. And free WiFi made it easy to check email.

All in all a great experience and value.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I've been to Villa Amor twice now. I can't say enough good things - from the service and hospitality, to the overall vibe of the hotel. It mimics Sayulita as a whole as a relaxed, intimate, and bohemian atmosphere. However, Villa Amor also has the workings of a high-end hotel. There are many great aspects - from the beach-views and varying villas (all with kitschy and beautiful moorish influences), to towels for the beach, paddle boards for us, and professional and knowledgeable staff.

Room Tip: Linda is my favorite villa. The little white lights that adorn the ceiling are fun and intimate.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Been to Villa Amor? Share your experiences!