“Surfing and more!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Wildmex specializes in running Surf Camps , Lessons and Trips in the Sayulita and Punta Mita area, this area being the best Mexico surfing destination for beginner and intermediate surfers. Our surf camp set up focuses on instructing guests how to surf in a friendly, progressive and fun way in the warm waters of the Mexican Pacific Ocean.With surfing as the soul of the company, Wildmex offers a variety of other outdoor activities such as Paddle Boarding, Mountain biking, Sea Kayaking, Snorkel Safaris and Horse Back riding.Whether you are surfing with us for one of our weeklong surf camps or in a day trip from Puerto Vallarta for a surf lesson, you will have a great time!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
“Surfing and more!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Looking for a spring break trip we found Wildmex. Our daughter had expressed an interest in surfing, but my husband and I wanted to do something different. I contacted Wildmex and promptly heard back from Erin. She was great, helping us organize our travel to Sayulita, accommodations, surfing lessons for my daughter and sea kayaking, snorkeling, and stand up paddle boarding for us. Our daughter’s surf instructor, Emma, was the best, patient, friendly, and knowledgeable. They would go to different beaches each day to try different surfs. Even after lessons if she (as well as other surf instructors from Wildmex) saw our daughter out practicing after lessons they would give her tips and encouragement. Our guide/instructor, Steve, was very knowledgeable and patient with us “older generation” while we learned stand up paddle boarding, what fun, and sea kayaking. Definitely would go back to Sayulita and Wildmex.

Javier C, Owner at Wildmex Surfing, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thanks for having Mika Surf with us Diana, and thanks for trusting Wildmex with your family holidays . Hope to have you vist again some time again soon!

Good luck with the campground this summer

San Diego, California, United States
“Javier and his team are AWSOME!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

This is the third year I have used Wildmex for surf lessons for a group of 30 studnets that are all levels at a yoga/surf retreat I lead at Haramara. Javier is so accommodating and his team is awsome. They are great surf instructors and really friendly and professional. They always find the best places to surf to ensure the experience is great. Every student had a wonderful experience thanks to Wilmex.

Javier C, Owner at Wildmex Surfing, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thanks for having the CorePower Yoga group surf with us again this year, looking forward to seeing you guys next spring!
San Francisco
“Best surf trips in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

A group of 14 of us contracted with Wildmex this year to go surfing at a beach near Sayulita. Very professional, clean, insured (!) vehicles with ample seating and enough boards for everyone. With 2 instructors they didn't stop until they got everyone up on a wave. Very highly recommended. Best quality experience to date.

Javier C, Owner at Wildmex Surfing, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thanks for the comments Sayulita! Your group was awesome, super cool Yogui girls
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
16 attraction reviews
“Charlie Brown Rocks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

See if you can get Charlie Brown to give you a deal on surf lessons. He's quite the personality and delivered some rocking lessons for my hubby who's only surfed one other time in Costa Rica.

Visited January 2013
Shell Beach, California
“Making Lemonade”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

When my friend and I arrived in Sayulita, there was a problem with our accommodations at Playa Los Arcos. We were very disappointed, as we'd paid for the upgraded accommodations and were looking forward to staying right on the oceanfront. The error was on Playa Los Arcos's side and Wild Mex spent the entire week making it up to us. It was AWESOME! We had the best surfing instructor, Andrea, who not only was a great teacher but also had a fabulous personality! We were treated like queens by everyone we came in contact with. Erin was a doll. Xavier was a conscientious and considerate business owner. Pepe was an adorable driver. The rental horses were the very best. The trail ride was magnificent, even though we both have ridden horses all over the world and thought we'd seen everything. Andrea taught me things about surfing that I never knew, even though I had been a surfer girl in the '70s. Hector took great care of us at Villa Amore and we had a blast driving around in the golf cart. Accommodations at Playa Escondida were sweet perfection! I have never felt so safe in Mexico. Asuri, Jose, Juan, Jorge and the restaurant staff were awesome. We could not have had a better time and I can't say enough good things about Sayulita, Wild Mex, Villa Amore and Playa Escondida. It was the vacation of a lifetime and I am forever grateful to those who made it so! Karen

Visited February 2013