“Lovely” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Petit Hotel d'Hafa

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sayulita
Petit Hotel d'Hafa
You added Petit Hotel d'Hafa to your Saves list
Calle Jose-Mariscal, Sayulita, Mexico   |
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Sayulita
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Montreal, Canada
“Lovely”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Adorable little hotel in the Center of the action. Best feature - a roof Terrace that makes me want to move in permanently. Super clean. Friendly and helpful owners. A little loud at night and a bit pricey. All in all though worth it.

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Sayulita, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

We were traveling with our 5 year old and spent 4 nights there. We stayed in a very nice room (#1). We had heard about the rooms being noisy due to the location but we wanted to stay downtown and brought ear plugs. We slept with the windows open, and yes, you could hear the music late at night and vehicle traffic in the morning, but I never used the ear plugs and neither did the 5 year old. My wife did, but does so regularly anyway. So for us, it was not a problem. If you need an extremely quiet environment to sleep in, you should probably not stay anywhere near the plaza or the party spots.

The roof top was a sweet spot, very comfortable and a nice place to sit and have a beer or a complementary shot tequila or brandy that they have up there for guests. I am not a big fan of Mexican wine, but they have a nice little bar downstairs with small selection of good wines by the glass. They also have wine by the bottle, but we did not try any.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

I have always wanted to travel to Sayulita. I had heard wonderful things from friends, read about the location and a chance meeting with one of the incomparable Mignot sisters in the early 2000's sealed the deal for me. I would go... It was my beau's daughters wedding that lead us there and where else would we choose to stay than at the most perfect quaint Morracan styled boutique hotel called "Petit Hafa"

This gem is located in the heart of a city that stays alive into the wee hours of the morning. I must admit that our first night in was a bit tricky as it felt like the sounds of the city were directly in our room, but you only need a day in to and a chat with the ever handsome and charming Christophe to realize that this is all part of the experience and the noise we thought would keep us up during our stay, became the music that put us to us to sleep.

The staff is accommodating and gentile, the rooms are not only clean, but filled with personality. We stayed in room 1 and the walkway painted with the red heart that seemed to be an overall signature of that amazing city was not lost on is we loved that touch. We can't wait to get back and the hotel Hafa will be our hotel of choice.

Everything is within walking distance, I loved hanging on the beach while my friends surfed and the world seemed to come to me everything from the best tamales ever to the wild donuts...

The place is alive with people color and tons to do... Be sure to check out pachamama amazing store 2 doors from the beach. The treasures there seem endless too...

• Stayed February 2014
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

We stayed for three days in room 2 with our son. The room had everything we needed (a king and twin bed, a mini-fridge) and the hotel was very clean. The shared roof-top patio is what really makes this hotel stand out. It was beautiful and so comfortable. The owner was very helpful. The fan in our room was very squeaky and he gave us the air conditioning for free (it's normally $5). We also asked to check out a few hours later and he was able to accommodate this as well. The hotel is in a very central location, but can get loud at night. If we had the windows closed and the AC on, the noise was not a problem, however we didn't stay over a weekend and the weekends are very busy and loud so be warned :) I think for the price point this is an excellent hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

I stayed at the Hotel Hafa for two nights before moving to another location in Sayulita. It is clean, simple, and located right in the heart of town. As you will read in other reviews, it is not quiet at night. Come prepared, use earplugs at night for a quiet peaceful sleep! Also, I chose to a local cafe right around the corner from the hotel for my morning coffee, They open at 6am and I like to get my coffee early. The hotel does offer coffee, tea and cookies but it isn't ready until after 7am, and the coffee wasn't very hot. My favorite part of the hotel is the roof top lounge. They have complimentary tequila, a large lounging area and view of parts of town.

Room Tip: Rooms off the main street are quieter. I stayed in room #3, less noise there.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

This is my first time writing a review on TripAdvisor, and I decided to write because I felt I had a duty to warn my fellow travelers about Petit Hotel d'Hafa. I visited Sayulita solo in July 2013 to look at wedding venues. I must say it was very easy to make my reservation via email with the owners, and they even offered me a generous discount on the rate of the room because I would be traveling in the off-season. The positives ended right there. My first night in the hotel was a Sunday night. The noise from the club down the block was INCREDIBLY loud until about 5 am. Then, the deliveries started and the street noise was quite loud as well. After many stays in hostels and hotels with thin walls, I always travel earplugs. These did NOTHING to block out the noise. I couldn't sleep at all the first night. The next morning I went to the front desk to see if I could have my room switched because my current room was intolerable. They wanted to charge me the full, original cost of my room, plus the difference between my room and a quieter room, to switch. None of the hotel staff mentioned the noise issue in my current room. Finally, they agreed to switch my room. Also, the toilet in my first and second rooms clogged the first time I used them (and nothing weird was going down those toilets). The toilet in my second room clogged the first night I was there, and was not fixed for the duration of my stay (four more nights). The hotel must have serious plumbing problems, as the shower hardly worked at all (a slow trickle - a few drops of water at a time - was all I could get). The hotel is a great price, nicely decorated, and in a great location, but DEFINITELY not worth the completely unpleasant stay. I've traveled all over the world and stayed in dozens of budget accommodations. This was by far the worst place I have ever stayed.

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 6 on the street level - lack of glass in the windows and noise from the club next d...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

We recently stayed here at the start of our honeymoon. For the price, we were so pleasantly surprised. Christophe and his wife have done a beautiful job of decorating, with a Morrocan inspired rooftop with day-bed - perfect place to have an afternoon drink and look over the town. Rooms are clean and again, gorgeously decorated. Hotel is close to everything, 2 min walk to the beach and all the restaurants. Their bar downstairs is also awesome - try their margaritas! We did hear the noise at nighttime if we went to sleep early but it didn't bother us too much.
Lovely place to stay and such terrific value.

Room Tip: We had the best room, think it was Room 1. We loved it, nice and spacious.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Petit Hotel d'Hafa? Share your experiences!