“Best big shrimps in town” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Los Angeles
“Best big shrimps in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We come here every time we visit. Don't miss out on it. Make sure to also order the pineapple ceviche if they have it as a special.

Toronto, Canada
“Clean and Classy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

I loved visiting this restaurant while on my trip to Sayulita. I ate both lunch and dinner here and equally loved both. I really enjoyed the vibe of this place and appreciated the clean and classy atmosphere including white table cloths and cloth napkins. My favorite dishes were their fried calamari, coconut shrimp and any of there fresh salads. The rest of the menu looked amazing as well. They even have a dinning bar that is great for sitting up at and watching the goings on of the busy Sayulita streets. Highly recommended!

San Francisco, California
“great enviroment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

chile relleno is the best,coconut shrimp excelente
especial service by daniel and staff...we recomended is the best restaurant in town,
we will come back,thanks guys

Vancouver, Canada
“A Great Find!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Here for the winter, I have found a place to return to, and to bring my visitors from Canada! Fresh, breezy, clean, comfortable, hospitable, reasonable and delicious, with the interesting touches of an excellent chef.

Toronto, Canada
“What a great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I was on my way to the beach from the main square in Sayulita and happened by this quaint covered outdoor restaurant one block from the square and one block from the ocean. I was greeted by an extremly polite and friendly guy wearing a Tierra Viva "T" shirt. He was more interested in how I was enjoying Sayulita then he was in getting me into the restaurant. His name was Daniel and he told me he was the new owner of Tierra Viva. I went back to his restaurant the next night with my girlfriend and had the most wonderful time. The music they played alone would have kept me there all night if nothing else. A mix of blues, oldies, latino and some older pop kept playing one great song after another. I found you can get good food just about anywhere in Sayulita but the Tierra Viva menu has a bit of a twist to it that I didn't find anywhere else. Tequila shrimp, Blackberry chicken, Tamarine grilled Mahi and Tuna just to mention a few.
The prices for a sit down dinner with linen table clothes and napkins with excellent service and fantastic food would be hard to beat anywhere. Thanks Daniel for a terrific Mexican smile and a meal I won't forget.

• Visited November 2012