“Pizza Disaster” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pizza
Summerside
“Pizza Disaster”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

Late one night throughout my travels I stopped into this establishment to grab a bite to eat as you cannot go wrong with PizzaD. Upon parking this restaurant looked more like a grungy hole in the wall, I could barely see in to see if it was open. Once I got inside there was not a waitress to be seen, so I sat myself. A waitress appeared and asked if I wanted to start with apps, I said no and she seemed to be quite disgusted with that answer. As I sat and waited for my food, my waitress took off outside to smoke! I could see her smoking outside from the seat and to bat left her cigarettes on one of the tables, yuck! As I sat there and watched I was disgusted at the fact she would be bringing me my food, however she did not anyway. When my food was ready she was still outside so the cook came out to serve me! The cook said more to me than the waitress. At this point I was waiting for a hair to appear in my food. The food did not end of being too bad, a typical PizzaD meal. Stood at the front desk to pay for a while and then booted it out of there. Won't be running back there anytime soon.

Visited May 2013

Labrador City, Newfoundland, Canada
“poor service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

We ate breakfast at this restaurant in september. we came in and there were no waitresses to be seen. we seated ourselves and could hear a couple of people talking in the kitchen. after waiting for almost ten minutes, my husband knocked on the kitchen door to let someone know that we were there. she came out to serve us, took our order. she was rude treated us like we were inconveniencing her. she said she was really busy as she had to mix the pizza dough. there were a couple of local women that came in and helped themselves to get coffe and tea and the waitress chatted with them. we were basically ignored, and the waitress repeated the dough story when i went to pay the bill. I would never eat here again. very poor service and obviously waitress needed to work somewhere that she did not have to interact with people.

• Visited September 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Terrible service, typical Pizza D food, blistering hot restaurant”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Thursday night supper. almost empty restaurant. initial service ok then basically ignored. Food ok.
nothing special. Left to escape temperature- uncomfortably hot and stuffy.
Jungle Jims across street much service the night prior.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Ottawa, ON
“Terrible service!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

The previous 5-star rating got our hopes up, but service was so poor here we didn't even stay for the meal!

We arrived to see that there were a few empty tables. No one offered to seat us. We waited at least 10 minutes at the front as the "hostess" processed a pizza order (which dragged on excruciatingly long because of an apparent inability of the employee to use the computer) and payments by two customers who had already finished eating. When we were finally greeted, she showed us to a table that was dirty and had drinks spilled on it. Only once we refused to sit there did she come to wipe it down. Once that was done I had a seat, only to notice that the chair had also had a huge puddle on it (which was now on my pants). That was the last straw. We were outta there.

Too bad, maybe the pizza is good...

• Visited August 2012
Oakville, Canada
“Really great pizza!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I've eaten in a lot of pizza restaurants, but this one has really superior pizza! We arrived late in the evening and our server was so friendly that we immediately felt welcome in the town. We loved the food so much that we came back again the next night!

• Visited July 2012