“Don't order off the specials!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Frankie and Benny's

Frankie and Benny's
Sprucefield Retail Park | 151 Hilsborough Road, Lisburn BT27 5UJ, Northern Ireland
+44 28 9267 1435
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #55 of 78 Restaurants in Lisburn
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Ballynahinch, United Kingdom
“Don't order off the specials!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

We called on our way home from Belfast as it was handy coming off the motorway.. normally I am very easily pleased, as long as food is edible and tasty, I don't complain! We were served by a young man called Alan, he was lovely and very attentive, he is the reason there is 2 stars and not 1! We decided to order off the specials, it wasn't because we were on a budget, there was food on that menu we both wanted.
We started off with bread sticks and cheesy dip.. the bread was fab.. cheesy dip, horrible!
For mains my friend had Pasta Carbonara which was fine, the portion was small but tasty!
For my mains, I had the most disgusting burger I have ever had in my life!! it was full of grissle and viens and lumps like dog food.. I am not joking or over exaggerating. I stopped eating the burger and just ate the bap, as I said I don't like to complain! but when Alan came back to clear the table, I felt I had to say something, he got the manageress. The manageress was again lovely and said she would take the burger off my bill. Grand!
On my way out, I noticed a gentleman eating a burger, I glanced at his and it was not the same meat texture at all.. I am assuming (possibly someone from Frankie and Benny's could clarify!) that if you order off the specials menu you get substandard food, than what you would get off the fully priced menu! I was very disappointed, and I wonder sense this would make to a business.. as they have just lost a customer for life!
2 stars for customer service and none for the food!

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Belfast, United Kingdom
“quality fast food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

really enjoy eating hear really good atmosphere and great food usually at least a half hour wait but you cant fault the place for that

Visited December 2012
“family friendly, good food, excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

after reading all the negative reviews we were unsure about visiting but decided to judge for ourselves. on arrival (with a 4 year old and a young baby) we were seated promptly and given a fab portable highchair. staff were exceptionally friendly and i can honestly say i couldnt fault their service. our server intoduced himself and was very attentive and efficient throughout our stay. food arrived within 10 mins of ordering and was hot and tasty. the kids menu is excellent value for money and included an activity pack (albeit a christmas one) that kept our child busy. overall a very pleasant saturday tea time.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Average food, but woeful customer service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Food is what you'd expect from Frankie and Bennys, but the service is continually atrocious. On our most recent visit we went for dinner at 9pm in the evening and were only one of three tables occupied in the restaurant, but somehow the waitress looking after our section took 20 mins to take our order, walked away when my friend was still in mid-sentence whilst ordering our dessert and forgot to bring us starter or dessert cutlery (something people who have been trained properly in a restaurant should be able to do in their sleep within a week of employment). The rest of the waiting staff looked like they simply did not want to be there. Perhaps if the restaurant management trained their staff properly or at least hired people who were actually grateful to have a job in this difficult economic climate this restaurant would do a whole lot better. They continue to receive negative reviews regarding their customer service, but have done very little to improve in recent months.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Total let down”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

Big Frankie and Benny's fan but was really let down by the standard of the food at the sprucefield restaurant. My wife and I ordered a garlic bread to start and the new york calzone for the main meal. We were very disappointed with the calzone as there was a severe lack of cheese and was only half filled. We had more bread than fillings. And the chips. Aww the chips. They were cold and hard. Very disappointing. This particular Frankie and Benny's has no patch on the Victoria Square branch in Belfast. Total bill came to £23.27, personally, this was £23.27 too much!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere