“Good Chinese Food” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Battle, United Kingdom
“Good Chinese Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

I have been coming to the Beijing Restaurant when we visit Northern Ireland for years. The most outstanding feature is the friendly, welcoming and helpful staff. The prices are very reasonable and the food is presented well, tasy, and the portions generous. The restaurant is very pleasant, not to noisy and allows for small and large gatherings - there is plenty of space. This is a cut above the average Chinese for a reasonable price.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Maghaberry
“Decent meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We stumbled across this place one Friday evening when our local takeaway was closed for holidays. We arrived around 7pm to find half a dozen tables with couples or small groups and one large party of about 10

We were shown to our table and a drinks order was taken. The drinks arrived with a complimentary basket of prawn crackers. I've found more and more restaurants don't give crackers any more or if they do they charge for them.

My first complaint was that the service was painfully slow. It was about half an hour before we got our starter which meant we were starving hungry and I had demolished the prawn crackers!

I had smoked chicken for a starter but although it tasted delicious the chicken was very dry and tough. It could be because the food had been left on a serve over in the kitchen before we got it which would explain the wait we had but I can only guess at this.

There was another 20-30 minute wait for the main course to arrive. The main courses were nice but a little on the salty side. Portion sizes were nothing short of massive so no complaints there.

Staff were very friendly when they came over.

I'm not sure I would go out of my way to come back to Beijing but if I was in the area and looking a Chinese meal I'd give it another go.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
parlin, new jersey
“Horrible Hot an Sour Soup”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We were exhausted and ordered take away. I have no idea who is cooking their food but the soup was unrecognizable. Rest of meal only fair.

Visited July 2013
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Good gone bad”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Normally go here early in the week, recommend that. The last time we went on a Saturday night clearly not the best time. Waitress was slow got the order wrong both on starter and main. Brought water to the able but no glasses. Asked or them three times before actually getting them. Won't be back any time soon.

Visited March 2013
Northern Ireland
“First Class all round”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

My Wife & i had always said we should give this place a shot as it is literally 5 mins walk for us, right from we walked in the doorway we were impressed, we were seated in a very comfortable booth and ordered our food & a bottle of wine, the waiter brought a basket of prawn crackers while we waited to order, when the food came it was very generous portions & absolutely delicious, very attentive staff, a fairly steady stream of customers and what appeared to be a lot of carry outs, don't think we will wait very long before we are back,

• Visited March 2013