“Had a blast!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Hollister
Conway, Arkansas
“Had a blast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

Had a blast here! The view was awesome! Loved it! The room was perfect! The bed was comfortable, even the sofa bed was comfy. VERY CLEAN!!!!!

• Stayed May 2012
hillto, General Manager at Westgate Branson Lakes Emerald Pointe, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to submit your review. I ‘m happy that you “HAD A BLAST”; we have a nice resort and a great Team which works hard to provide our guests with wonderful vacation experience. The view of Table Rock Lake from our lakeside units is second to none; watching the sunset is beautiful. I’m pleased that you found our accommodations to be comfortable and clean and I hope you will visit again very soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012 via mobile

Room was awesome! Lake was beautiful! But the customer service was TERRIBLE! We stayed May 15 & 16th checkout the 17th. On our check out day in the morning our electricity went out and water got shut off at 930. I had just curled half my head when the electricity went off. When I went down to the office to ask when it would be back on they looked at me like I was an idiot and couldn't tell me anything so I then asked if I could stay until the electricity came back on the lady at the front said she could give me more time but if it was out a while I would have to leave. I then asked to speak with the manager she laughed in my face and said she wouldn't be back in tomorrow. This lady couldn't accommodate me at all plus her looks towards me were very rude and unprofessional. I was gonna rate this a 5 but because customer service

• Stayed May 2012
hillto, General Manager at Westgate Branson Lakes Emerald Pointe, responded to this review, May 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We get better because we listen to our guest’s comments. I apologize that our agent did not provide you with satisfactory customer service. We strive to provide the very best customer service possible and we will continue to do so. The electricity went out because a transformer blew and there was a large area (which we were a part of) was without electricity for about 2 hours. I am happy that you did stay until the electricity was restored and you were able to finish getting ready for the rest of your day. I am very pleased that you enjoyed the condo unit and the awesome view of Table Rock Lake. I sincerely hope that you will give us a second chance and visit us again.
Independence, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

When we arrived in our room, there was urine in our toilet and on the rim under the seat. The bed was not made and the entire room smelled musty and like urine. I was afraid to walk around barefoot, as after only 30-45 minutes my feet were black. The buildings are about 30 years old, but if I didn't know better, I would guess they were about 50-60 years old, based on the smell, filth, and decor. On the day before our departure, we returned to our room that afternoon to find a note from the front desk clerk, Sherri, and I quote: "...we had your room down for checkout this morning, our housekeeping staff went in to clean the room and went into the kitchen and found some pop in the refrigerator, they took a couple of bottles and then left the room not knowing that you still were occupying the room." If they came in to clean, how did they not know we were still there? All of our belongings were in the room, so apparently they came in to raid the fridge and then left. We also caught this same housekeeping group having a smoke break on the patio of the room they were supposed to be cleaning next door. When we raised concern to the manager, Brittany Hunter, she shrugged her shoulders and said sorry. She did offer to move us to a new room, but we declined as we were leaving the next morning. When we called the General Manager, Tom Hill, he seemed upset that we had bothered him with this kind of nonsense. By the way, we were only there for 2 1/2 days. The entire experience was a nightmare and we will never return to this resort.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I take all of the reviews very seriously. I will first respond to your issues and then I will present some things that were not included in your review. With regards to the condition of your unit I find it difficult to think that a guest that was put into such a unit would not come directly back to the front desk and demand another unit. We have a process in place that does not allow for a unit to be put into clean status until it has been inspected and signed off on. Regarding our carpets; we have within the last 30 days shampooed every carpet in our condo units; including any cloth sofas or chairs. The incident with the housekeepers was our mistake and I do apologize for that inconvenience. When we found out about the incident you and your husband came to the front office and met with the Front Desk and the Housekeeping Managers for some time and at that point you were compensated to your satisfaction for your claims. When your husband called me I apologized for any inconvenience and when your husband requested more compensation I politely declined to do anything further. I am always happy to speak with a guest whether the discussion is regarding a compliment to our staff and service or whether it is a complaint.
Houston, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

The Better Business Bureau has over 600 complaints about the Westgate Emerald Pointe resort. My experience with the managment make me never want to deal with them again. We made the mistake of not checking reviews before making reservations.

Room Tip: Chose another restort.
Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
hillto, General Manager at Westgate Branson Lakes Emerald Pointe, responded to this review, May 10, 2012
I am the General Manager and I never had any conversation with this guest. The review does not state any reasons for the bad experience so I do not have any specifics to address. I can say that we have thousands of guests each year that have a wonderful vacation experience with us. I apologize if you had a poor experience and would be happy to address any specific problems you may have had.
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

RUN as far away from this place as you can! Before you consider doing business with this company take a look at the BBB report. 653 complaints in the last 12 months.

Room Tip: My tip would be to avoid this place at ALL cost!
Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
I assume this guest from Houston Texas is with the person who wrote the review titled “Better Business Bureau (bad)”. I say again that we have thousands of guests each year that have a wonderful vacation experience with us. I wish you could have had a good experience and I would be happy to answer any specific complaints that you have
Marshifeld, MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

The location of this property is nice. The view of the lake was gorgeous from our 4th floor room and we had huge windows from our living area and bedroom. The screened in porch was wonderful. Very clean and nice place to stay overall. January is a great time to stay because we nearly had the place to ourselves. Our two complaints are: 1) There were maybe 6 guests total and we were roomed next to some of them. The guests next to us were very loud (no fault of the property). Even though it was January, the weather was gorgeous and so our neighbors were on the porch. We could hear them well into the night. 2) We arrived 2 hours early and the lady at the front desk would not let us check in. This would have been understandable except that she was rude about it. We spent the next 2 hours wondering if we made a poor choice. We are all about customer service. The funny thing is when we checked out the next morning she was back and was very pleasant (maybe she's a morning person and not an afternoon person?). The lady that actually checked us in was very nice and good with customer-service.

Room Tip: We would have completely regretted a room without a view. --4th floor (top) is wonderful.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
hillto, General Manager at Westgate Branson Lakes Emerald Pointe, responded to this review, February 3, 2012
Thank you very much for your review. I am pleased that you enjoyed the views and the tranquility; it certainly is a nice time to visit us. Cleanliness and Customer Service are two of the most important things we can do to set ourselves apart from our competition and I take them very seriously. I am happy you found our resort to be clean and Customer Service training will be a priority. You made a good point regarding not clustering guests together during low occupancy times and while we like to keep our guests in one building during those times we will try to not put guests next door to each other. During our low occupancy season we are busy doing our deep cleaning of units, tile work, carpet shampooing and other miscellaneous improvements which is why we put our guests into one building. Please come back to visit us soon and Thanks Again for your input.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

We had a wonderful stay at Westgate Branson Lakes at Emerald Pointe. The units are very well taken care of and clean. The one bedroom unit we stayed in had a king-sized bed, a living room area with a sleeper couch, a small kitchen, a dining area, and a nice screened-in porch overlooking Table Rock Lake (with a patio table and chairs). There was a washer and dryer, and the bathroom had a nice jacuzzi tub, (which we didn't use). The only complaint I have, is that the corner shower, (which was in the same room as the toilet, tub, and sinks) had clear glass doors. For us, staying with our 2 sons, the bathroom lacked the privacy needed to accomodate 4 people. My sons enjoyed swimming in the indoor pool, and playing ping pong in the clubhouse. By the outside pool there is also a mini golf course, a small basketball court, and a horseshoe setup. There is also a large pavilion outdoors, full of picnic tables. It has 2 nice BBQ grills and a stage as well. We needed something repaired in our unit, and they had 2 men up to check it out within minutes, and had the problem fixed before the end of the day - very impressive! We would definitely stay there again. Also, here's a tip on finding the resort - it's quite a drive from the time you drive through the security gates until you find the registration building. Do not stop at the large house with white pillars just up the hill from the gate, you have to proceed down the hill directly toward the lake. Eventually at the bottom of the hill, the road takes a sharp left turn and you should soon see the clubhouse/registration center straight ahead.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for coming to visit our resort and for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased that your family enjoyed your unit and that your family used the activity areas as well. Our units are well equipped and the view of the lake is awesome. Our Housekeeping and Maintenance Teams will be pleased to hear your review of their efforts. As you pointed out getting here can be tricky if it’s your first time but once you get here it’s worth it and the views coming into Emerald Pointe are beautiful. I look forward to seeing you and your family again very soon.

Been to Westgate Branson Lakes Emerald Pointe? Share your experiences!