We stayed for 5 days, from May 28-June 2, 2011. Our condo, or villa, was very nice. with an end unit in building 3, 2nd floor. Whirlpool bathtub in addition to a corner shower, and two sinks in the bathroom, which I found to be a real plus! I found the absence of hooks or racks to hang our swimsuits, towels, etc to be lacking. There is a towel rack over the toilet, and that is it. Much storage in the bathroom with a closet as well as drawers under the sink.
We had a one bedroom, with a king sized bed and a walk out of the bedroom to the large screened in deck. The bedroom had a tv in it, but we never turned it on.
The bed was comfortable.
Kitchen was a work in only kitchen with a dishwasher, and the washer and dryer (stacked) were also in a closet, and very handy to have. I found the tableware to be adequate, but barely. I think there might have been a setting for 4 people. We did not like the coffee cups at all, and went out to purchase mugs. Kitchen was very clean, as well as refridgerator and microwave. Cleaning supplies were nicely stocked.
Dining room was pretty and small, nice glass top table with 4 heavy chairs. Living room consisted of a leather couch and chair, and the couch could be made into a bed. They were comfortable. The carpet was like an indoor outdoor, and could have been vacuumed again, it was gritty. From the living room we could also walk out on the deck, which had a patio table with 4 chairs. It was a great view of the Lake, and we also could watch the birds flying and fishing.
There is NO internet at all. I was able to check messages with my blackberry, but if you plan on using wireless or internet, forget it. That was an annoyance and almost enough to have us leave and find somewhere else.
The pool was nice, and there were two propane bbq grills close to it for use. There is also a charcoal bbq betweeen buildings for tenant use. Boats and other watersport items can be rented from the marina, which is maybe a 10 minute walk.
Check-in was easy. This was a bid for vacation trip, and I paid about $60.00 per night. There were activites but we did not get involved in any. We mainly vegged out and sat on the patio and watched watercraft, people, and nature.
The only restaurant that delivers is a Dominos, and it cost me $30.00 for one pizza and one sandwich, which is more than I pay in Cincinnati. But, it was the only game in town on Saturday even when we arrived. We were tired and did not want to go back out and find a restaurant or a grocery store. Food was fine. Be aware, though, and either stop at a grocery store before you come to the villa, or eat pizza. (smile)
We did find the walls between condos/villas to be very thin. We could hear our above neighbors whenever they walked across the floor. Either they all were very heavy walkers or not much insulation. We also could hear our next door neighbors television, their conversations, etc. Thank goodness they were not having a party, just regular voices really carried. They probably could hear us, too.
I would stay here again and next time bring my fishing tackle! Tablerock is supposed to be one of the best bass lakes around. It was a short drive to see the dam, and 4 of the locks were open, which was neat.
The vacation was relaxing to us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Branson Lakes Emerald Pointe is nestled in the heart of the Ozark Mountains and located on 145 beautiful wooded acres. Only minutes from Branson Landing in historic downtown Branson, Silver Dollar City theme park, Titanic: The World's Largest Titanic Museum, fabulous lakes, championship golf, and much more. Guests can enjoy two outdoor pools, an indoor pool, exercise facility, hiking trails, basketball and volleyball courts, horseshoe pits, lighted playground, campfire area, bike rentals, onsite entertainment and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TravelClick, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Hotwire and Hotels.com so you can book your Westgate Branson Lakes Emerald Pointe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westgate Emerald Pointe Hotel Hollister
- Westgate Emerald Pointe Hollister
- Westgate Branson Lakes Emerald Pointe MO - Hollister