“Simply the Best” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hermann Hill

Save Saved
You added Hermann Hill to your Saves list
Hermann Hill
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   711 Wein Street, P.O. Box 555, Hermann, MO 65041   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #3 of 45 Hermann B&B and Inns
Shawnee, Kansas
“Simply the Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

My mom and I recently stayed here for a short Mother-Daughter trip. While it was definitely the most expensive B&B in Hermann, it was worth every penny because it is also the nicest. We were at the Inn (there are also Cottages) and it is a drive up some steep hills that I didn't like driving but my mom didn't mind doing it. We had a East side room (The Cynthia) and had an AMAZING view of the town. We had to close the blinds at night so we weren't woken by the sun at 6 AM. They said we were on the 4th floor but it is just one flight of stairs up from the main floor where you walk in. The room had a fireplace and a steam shower and a hot tub. There was a walk in closet with a small refrigerator so we could keep some of the chill-able wines we got at the wineries, we popped one open later.

The staff here were so helpful. Everyone was helpful and easy to chit chat with while making a cup of tea or coffee. We had breakfast delivered to our room both nights we stayed and it is a packed tray. The food is delicious and comes with 2 sides, a bowl of fruit and any drinks you want. We both had coffee and mimosas each morning. There is also a cold/hot beverage bar in the kitchen area on the main floor. It had some frozen drinks, we tried the frozen peach Bellini. It was also delicious and great after a hot and humid day outside, walking around the town and winery.

We both got massages from Usula and Cheryl, they were great. We had the mother nature package, a foot soak and foot rub followed by a 45 minute massage with hand paraffin. It was super relaxing at the end of our day. I would highly recommend the spa while visiting.

The place does seem to be geared a bit more towards couples and romance. We were told multiple times that they didn't get too many mother-daughter combinations but it was refreshing to see. I can see it being a super romantic place for a couple from breakfast in bed to the cookies and ice cream brought to the room each night between 9:30-10. The cookies were pretty good, the ice cream was creamy with caramel drizzle.

Room Tip: I would recommend an East side room that over looks the onsite vineyard and town.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

This is our second stay at the inn. We were in the chambourcin room. It has an outdoor hot tub and private patio. The view from the hot tub overlooking the town is amazing! The room had a huge comfortable bed with a big flat screen tv. The bathroom is large with both a shower and jacuzzi tub. The staff is so friendly and they do an amazing job at pampering their guests. The breakfast is delicious. We love the French toast and look forward to the omelets! The cookies each night are much anticipated and always tasty. We can't wait until November to celebrate our 1st anniversary.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

My husband and I stayed at Hermann Hill for the first time this week, to celebrate the upcoming arrival of our first child (babymoon). We were pleasantly surprised by the Inn, the staff and the amenities. This is THE Hermann location to stay at if you are celebrating a special occasion.

Breakfast was amazing. I included a handwritten note on my menu, requesting an additional item, and it showed up on my tray. Staff were always available to answer questions, carry luggage - they even delivered our bags to the Amtrak station for us! Additionally, we found ourselves caught walking in the rain one evening and the owners stopped and gave us a ride in their personal vehicle. Small details have been thought through - like including house slippers in the room or giving us a "welcome" package that included chocolates and massage oil. The spa service was excellent, and the 10 p.m. dessert was a nice inclusion. We also enjoyed the complimentary beverage and snack area that seemed to be open most of the day to pick up a yogurt or a piece of fruit and a cold beverage. Thanks for a great visit!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Vidal room, and found it to be nice. However, you can hear footsteps above you.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

This was our second visit. We tried the cottages this time & could not have enjoyed ourselves more. We loved the hot tub on the deck & cooked on the grill both nights. If you want to relax, love nature, beautiful rooms & great amenities this is the place for you. We enjoy biking the Katy Trail & wine tasting but the highlight of our trip was the time we spent in Cottage Four at Hermann Hill.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms have a great view of the river. They have bike storage units at the cottages.
St. Louis, MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

I just returned from my second stay at Hermann Hill. It's definitely still a very nice property, but not quite a 5. My husband and I stayed in the Cynthiana room on the top floor and the balcony and views were great. As was the whirlpool tub and shower with multiple jets and a steam option. Though the shower was basic fiberglass instead of a nice tile or marble which would have made it feel much more pampering. Plus, there's only a seat for one if you want to enjoy the steam shower.

Check-in took WAY too long. We had to sit and listen while the employee went through an entire envelope full of papers. Not really necessary. Check-out only took about 2 seconds, thankfully.

My biggest complaint is the timing of the delivery of the nightly treats. I love treats and think this is a great amenity, but someone comes knocking on the door at 10pm. And he's not exactly quiet. Even though we had the "do not disturb" sign on the door there was still loud knocking and the announcement that he was leaving ice cream and cookies in the hall. Why not do this a little earlier, say 9pm??

Breakfast was ok, but our orders were mixed up. Half of my order was on one tray, the other half on my husband's so we had to swap things around. Not a huge deal, but it shouldn't be that hard to get two breakfast orders laid out correctly.

So those things aside, I do still recommend Hermann Hill. It's just not perfect.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Eureka, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

My husband and I spend our anniversary at Hermann Hill every year. This was our 5th time at Hermann Hill. Terry and Peggy are awesome, as is the entire staff. We had the most enjoyable, relaxing visit. We love the cookies and ice cream. We love the dogs, Lewis and Clark! We'll be back next year!

Room Tip: Our favorite room is the Chambourcin!
Saint Peters, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

IT was very nice i have no complaints except for not getting any cream for my coffee and i even requested extra and my coffee is important to me and i got none at all and bottle of wine was not delivered had to request and then was told you have one in fridge but it was one we went and purchased our self' and had put in fridge to chill other then that it was great hot tub was wonderful bed was comfortable bathroom was great the food was alright the only thing was the room needs updating the sitting room and bedroom area decor also loved the patio with view and fire table was nice and I liked the bottle water some in the room would also be nice shower was great also very clean which means a lot you get a 5 star from me with a couple suggestions would like to try a cottage next time with a kitchen it was a little pricey considering but it is hard to find a steam room and a hot-tub and a great bathroom with a nice patio and fire table with a view so if your looking for romance and clean and close this is it...

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hermann Hill? Share your experiences!