The only thing I regret is that it's taken me a year to write this review :)
Last year my husband and I snagged a Living Social deal for two nights at Hermann Hill for our anniversary. The deal was about half off the regular rate, and I said to myself "No way would I ever pay full price for this!" What can I say, I was raised to be very frugal.
Well, the entire experience exceeded my expectations, and then some.
We were treated to cheese, sausage, bread, and wine upon arrival, and given a personal welcome by Peggy, one of the inkeepers. We had chosen the Chambourcin suite, and it was a dream. A jacuzzi tub, a huge shower, our own private patio with hot tub, not to mention the comfy bed and huge TV. They also deliver cookies and ice cream to your room every night, and there was a selection of beverages available all day.
Breakfast was delicious--custom ordered, delivered to our room, eaten on the patio with mimosas in the cool morning breeze.
The inn is very accommodating--if you are a people person, there are plenty of opportunities to chat. But if you want to be left alone, you rarely have to interact with anyone. You can have breakfast in the dining room or have it delivered to your room. The inn is very private; despite the fact that they were at full occupancy, we only saw another guest once. I loved this--I'm an introvert and I don't want to make small talk with strangers on vacation.
They have two lovely dogs on the property. I'm not a dog person and usually avoid them, but these dogs were so friendly and well behaved that I actually enjoyed them!
I will say that the Chambourcin suite is right below the kitchen, and as a light sleeper, the sounds of breakfast being prepared above did wake me earlier than I would have liked. It was not a big deal, but the innkeepers might consider adding some additional soundproofing.
Anyway, the experience blew us out of the water to the extent that we are returning this year, and we are trying out the Vignoles suite this time. I can't imagine another place I would rather go for some much-needed rest, relaxation, pampering, and couple time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience Hermann's premium lodging with two unique properties. Hermann Hill Vineyard and Inn offers an upscale bed and breakfast experience. The cottages at Hermann Hill Village include individual hot tubs, six foot round jacuzzi tubs, steam showers, gas grills, and two fireplaces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hermann Hill Vineyard & Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hermann Hill Hotel Hermann
- Hermann Hill Vineyard And Inn