“Very Good meal & service” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Romance, Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations
Missouri
“Very Good meal & service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

We have been to BWB twice, and have had 2 very good meals. I do think the restaurant is a bit overpriced ( for the area anyway), but we are used to spending $100+ for an excellent meal, and BWB didn't disappoint. The Lobster Bisque is the best I have ever had, and I hated to split it with my hubby! The chicken fettuccini was good, though a small serving for the price ($17, I think). Hubs has the fish tacos- very fresh, served with fresh mixed greens & tomatoes ( in the winter!) which was impressive!
I do wish the Macaroni & Cheese was still on the menu-- I'll never understand why owners don't pay attention to these reviews & listen to their customers!!
Service was excellent, the atmosphere is lovely- new looking & not cluttered ( a must for me!)
We will certainly be back:)

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great little bistro”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

This bistro is located right on First Street in the heart of the historic district. It is small, but has an elegant decor, friendly staff, and reasonable prices. My friend and I really enjoyed the experience. We had soup and salads, but we could have ordered from a nice selection of dinner choices.

Visited December 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Nice ending to our day”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

We spent the day wine tasting and had dinner here. The food was really delicious. I had the soup and I believe a chocolate/brownie dessert. The atmosphere was also nice; extremely quiet and relaxing. The only recommendation I would have is that the service was somewhat lacking the night we were there. After our food arrived, no one came by to check on our drinks or to refill our waters (which was somewhat disappointing).

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Midwest
“Great Pasta”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

The food was delicious. The buffalo mac and cheese and lobster bisque were my favorites! They have a decent selection of non-Missouri wine (with a huge mark-up, but that is to be expected).

I visited on a Friday night with a group of friends and had no problem getting a table at 6:30 p.m. I suspect during the summer and Octoberfest, reservations are a good idea.

Visited November 2013
Georgetown
“A must stop in Hermann”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

After reading TA reviews, this was tops on my list for eating in Hermann. Trip Advisor contributors are not wrong. Three of us had a sad day at a memorial for a dear friend. We did not have reservations but were seated in a very busy restaurant within 10 minutes. One ordered lobster bisque, and the other two chose home made pasta specialties. We all had extremely positive things to say about our dinners. Our server was pleasant and went out of our way to answer our questions. When in Hermann, do not miss this comfortable place.

• Visited November 2013