“Avoid this place and watch your credit card” 1 of 5 stars

Hermann Motel
112 E Tenth St, Hermann, MO 65041   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Hermann
st. louis, mo. USA
“Avoid this place and watch your credit card”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2010

Been staying at the Hermann Hotel for about 15 years. A place to sleep is about all you can say good about it. Since we had been staying there so often, the old owners would hold our room from year to year. New owners came in last year. We stayed there Oct. 9, 10 and 11. On Sat. the 1oth we asked if we could reserve the room for the second week in Oct. again in 2010. The young lady said "No. It's more than a year away." OK, it was 366 days away. When we checked out on the next day we asked if we could reserve the room now and she said "It's already booked." What???

Well the place is not really that nice, so we booked a B & B close by and we were just there this past weekend Oct 8, 9 & 10. Today my wife notices that the Hermann Hotel has chrged us $200.00 for being "no shows"!!!!! Their argument was "How else would we have your card number?" Well, we used it LAST YEAR!!!!!!

We have disputed this charge with Am Ex.

If this place being about 40 years out dated isn't enough to make you stay away, their thievery should be. STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
kcmo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2010

A group of friends decided to to go Hermann for wine tasting...one of us had stayed in the Hermann Motel several years ago and said it was fine. I don't know what happened between then and now but the hotel was filthy...nasty. The carpet had not been vaccuumed in months. The bathtub had a nice ring of black ick loaded with pubic hairs and the base of the toilet had dried urine. The sink had dried toothpaste all over it. The other rooms we rented were not any better...one was even worse. Don't waste your money...really.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Kansas City, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2010

Where to start? This place is horribly dated (looks like it was fresh and new around 1963). There are no amenities (we had to ask for toilet paper and kleenex). Most importantly though it was dirty dirty dirty. We asked for extra towels to put on the floor so we didn't have to walk on the carpet and were accused of having additional people in the room. I showered in flip flops. And I wish I had seen the review regarding the bed bugs before we stayed. Now I'm paranoid that we'll have the gift that keeps on giving from the nastiest motel in North America

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Columbia, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2010

The wife and I gotten bitten multiple times by bedbugs during our one night here. They came back with us through our luggage, so now we have to fumigate our home. Never ever stay here.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2010

on my trip to hermann with my friends in jun,we experienced really good service like any other franchies hotels,and staff is well trained and helpful.cleanliness is the best part,we will definately visit the motel again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
burlington, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2010

We stayed here and found it to be a charming family Motel. The front desk staff was very knowledgeable & Informative. The motel is older but clean, quiet, and very well kept. It looks like entire interior is remodeled completely. New carpet, wall, bathroom, and beds. We will definitely when we are in area and recommend to my friends and family.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Ste Genevieve
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2010

On my recent trip to Herman Missouri I booked my lodging at the Herman Hotel. I have been visiting Herman for over 10 years and have stayed in this hotel in the past. To my surprise I was thoroughly disappointed and disgusted on how the facility has gone down to below sub- standards. Below is a list of problems that I had with my rooms. Our room numbers were 125 and 126. We were scheduled to stay from 5-14 to 5-16. Since arriving late in the evening and no other options available for that evening on short notice I slept on the floor of the motel, as it seemed the cleanest. The stairs leading up to the second floor was rusted and frame work bent on the steps looking like they were going to fall apart. Main door to the room was dirty and molded,Upon closing the door you could see light through all sides with no weather-stripping, the Motel phone had dark red hand marking all over it, TV was a blue picture because the tube was going out and there was Excessive dust on top of the TV, the bed closest to the window was slept in- sheets were dirty and mashed in like someone was laying there before I showed up, Drapes were torn off the hooks, the Floor Lamp was bent and shade was broken, Light fixture above hand sink was moldy and dusty, bath tub was nothing but soap scum and rust, rust come out of the shower upon turning it on for over 60 seconds, shower Curtain was moldy and the toilet was dirty and had hairs on. The room was completely disgusting. To top it all off when I checked the receipt of the hotel they over charged me by $150 and would not refund after my complaints. NEVER AGAIN!!!!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business

Been to Hermann Motel? Share your experiences!