“Not worth the money!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Hermann
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Not worth the money!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

This hotel is beyond belief! The outside was run-down, paint was peeling from the walls, and there WERE BUGS in THREE out of four beds in two rooms on the upper level. When we approached the front desk, the man exclaimed that they were "taught in motel school about bed bugs" and that what he was seeing the bed was not a "bed bug." I'm sorry, but if there are BUGS in a BED, then I'm not sleeping in it! The same small, slim, black bug was in all three of the beds. Pay the extra money to stay in a bed and breakfast! STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Jefferson City, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We booked three rooms for a place to stay for a bachelorette party and the beds had bugs in them, all over them actually!! After we pulled back the covers and saw them on the sheets we also found some in-between the mattress and the box springs. Their customer service was awful, you would think if a guest finds bugs in the bed they would be apologizing, but oh no they told us they were not really "bed bugs" and would refund us for one room. Well as you can see this made me very mad so we felt the need to inform the other guests staying there about the bugs in the bed and needless to say we were not the only guests staying there that night that left. I will be very mad if the nasty little bugs managed to get into our luggage and come home with us and then we will have to pay for an exterminator to come and get rid of them. At least we were able to make the most of our party and have a good time after that, but it definitely made that part of the night sucky, and the fact that we all had to go home because there was nowhere else to stay that night was not a highlight either. And the place was in general just run down and nasty with mildew smells and gross bathroom. If you pay $105 for a room, and keep in mind we had three so that was over $300, you would expect it to be in a lot better shape and no matter what you pay for a room I would expect it the beds to be free of BUGS!!! There is no way I would ever even think about staying at this place again. And unless you like sleeping with bugs and having that sensation where it feels like they are crawling on you days later I suggest you find another place to stay!

Room Tip: Do not pick any room at the Hermann Motel!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

This is the first time i have ever posted a review of a hotel (or anything) on line, but I feel the need to warn others about this place

I reserved three rooms so we would have a place to stay after an afternoon of wine testing and a night on the town celebrating my daughter's upcoming wedding with a group of her friends, a friend of mine, and my sister. I was a little shocked at the old, run down, and dirty condition of the rooms for the price ($105 per room), but I was totally appalled when one of my daughter's friends pulled down the covers and found bugs in the bed between the sheets. We ended up finding bugs in three out of sux beds Luckily this was early in the evening and we weren't all ready to crawl into bed.

When we told the owner we would be leaving and asked them to reverse the charges on my credit card they refused. They inspected the rooms and said they saw bugs in only one bed and that they were not "bed bugs" but the would "do us a favor and only charge us for two rooms.

One of the girls started telling other guests about the bugs and the owners called the police on us and basically ordered off of the premises. We weren't going to stay there anyway, but have a problem with them not giving me a full refund. Now I am having to dispute the charge on the credit card!

We ended up all having to drive home, some as far away as St Louis, so of course this put a big damper on the festivities.

THIS WAS ABSOLUTELY THE WORST LODGING EXPERIENCE I HAVE EVER HAD!! AVOID THIS PLACE LIKE THE PLAGUE!

• Stayed August 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

We booked three rooms here for a bachelorette party. We pulled the comforter back after someone mentioned "googling" the motel and bedbugs come back and there were tiny, black bugs in 5 of the 6 rooms. The outside looks worn down. They would only refund 1 of the 3 rooms despite all having bugs in the room. NASTY and needs significant updating, remodeling.

• Stayed August 2012
Kansas City, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I would NEVER stay here again. The website said "Newly Renovated". What they mean by that is they painted. The truth is that I paid $90 a night for a bug infested bed! The shower didn't work and I was forced to take a bath in a filthy bathtub. Seriously, moldy and covered in soap scum. The caulking around the tub was so old and cracked that the water leaked all over the bathroom floor. Thus, there were dead ants and silverfish all over the floor, Then, a baby grasshopper jumped out of the bed when I pulled the covers back. The mini fridge didn't work. The ice machine was broken. They never answer the phone when you call, and if you go to the office to actually talk to someone, they're rude. I'm not sure I would pay $40 a night to stay here let alone $90. This is seriously on par with a pay-by-the-hour type of hotel.... I'll be staying in a B&B next time. At least then I might get to wash my hair...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Kansas City, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

I recently stayed here and would highly advise if you are looking to stay here, KEEP LOOKING! The rooms were absolutley disgusting. There was trash from the people who has stayed there previously upon check in. Fruit flies and wasps were abundant. Mold growing in the shower.Swider webs with dead insects. Handle on the sink came off when you turned it on. Sheets were ripped and stained. Carpets were disgusting. One day I saw the "cleaning people" aka the owners going to clean a room. I wish I wouldn't have. All they had was a spray bottle with blue water and some towels. "Breakfast" was frozen english muffins, unripe bananas and two pastries. Oh, don't forget the loaf of bread for toast. This is by far the dirtiest place I have ever stayed. Motel 8 is cleaner than this. Spend the extra 20 bucks and stay at a CLEAN place. They obviously know nothing about running a hotel or investing in their property. My advice is to stay far away unless you enjoy spending time in dirty, filthy, unkept places.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

I've read mix review of this place and i thought why not try it in weekday first and i like it.so after couple months we made group reservation for about 8-10 rooms for weekend.and I have to say both of my stay were comfortable.we like it.its simple but very clean.good continental breakfast.front desk staff is very friendly too.and easy check in/out .

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Hermann Motel? Share your experiences!