“Amazing winery in such a beautiful area” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Activities: Wine tasting
Brookville, Indiana, United States
11 attraction reviews
“Amazing winery in such a beautiful area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Drove here while on a visit to St. Louis.....it we well worth the drive. This is an an amazing place!!! The tour was wonderful, the tasting room was fun fun fun...and our host was awesome. Had a great time shopping, and the staff was helpful answering questions about the area and the history. I think I must have taken 100 pictures...LOL...I would love to go back and visit again. I would also like to plan on spending some time in the quaint little town of Hermann...it was really interesting.

Visited August 2012

Saint Robert, Missouri
3 attraction reviews
“Samples!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Great tour and at the end the sample room was great with a very generous guide (for the wine tasting that is)

Overland Park, Kansas
“Great wine and interesting tour.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Very pretty setting and some nice wines. Take the tour to learn about the area steep wine history that pre-dates Napa and Sonoma.

Visited October 2012
Fairview Heights, Illinois
30 attraction reviews
“Okay wine”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Our "tour guide" acted as though she were a last minute substitution and could not answer many of our questions. We tasted many wines and the man who was pouring, was very entertaining. I preferred the wines we tasted at the Hermanhof Winery to Stone Hill. The Hermanhof wines were much smoother. Plus, the man pouring the wine at Hermanhof was much more of a storyteller and twice as entertaning. Go to Hermanhof first for better wine. The tour and tasting at Stone Hill is $2.50; it's $4.00 at Hermanhof-but much taster.

Visited October 2012
New Haven, Missouri
9 attraction reviews
“Wine Tasteing Room Poor Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I have been to Stone Hill many times in the past 30 years. But over the last 3 years the service in the Wine tasteing rooms have been far below standard. The last 3 times I have been there, my wife and I waited in the tasteing room for more than 5 mins without even a greeting from those behind the counter. Not even a hello or just a moment sir I will be with you in a min. In fact one time there were only 4 other people in the room and the idiot behind the counter kept flirting with the young customers without a word to us. I was so angry we both left. That happened more than one time. One the positive side, they do have good wine with a very nice view of the town. If they would just train some employees in the fine art of being polite with better customer service.

Visited April 2012