“Great food and fun atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 25 Restaurants in Hermann
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Our deli/restaurant is open 7 days a week with indoor and outdoor seating. Our menu showcases award-winning bratwurst, hickory-smoked pulled pork, deli meat sandwiches, housemade side dishes and much more. The menu changes often to offer you the freshest items possible.
Kansas City, Missouri
“Great food and fun atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We went to the Tim Mill Brewery looking for lunch but the host suggested eating at the Wurst Haus after she told us the Brewery only serves a limited menu including frozen pizzas. We walked around the corner and found the Wurst house. An employee was at the door and greeted us kindly. She pointed us in the direction of the samples. The food was great and the atmosphere was fun. Portions were appropriate for a lunch meal. We returned the next day to purchase bratwursts to take home with us. They have a vast selection of bratwursts to choose from and a lot of interesting flavors to try.

• Visited July 2013

Hudson, Ohio
“The Best Wurst”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

We happened upon this place on the 4th of July when not to many eating places were open. We lucked out! We sampled several wursts courtesy of the proprietor who was very enthusiastic, and then ordered up dinner. It was simply delicious. I can see how the Wurst Haus is a popular destination. If we ever get back to Hermann...the Wurst Haus will definitely be on the itinerary.

Visited July 2013
Doug K, Front Office Manager at Hermann Wurst Haus, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
I hope you had an enjoyable time in Hermann, MO and we're so glad you found and enjoyed the Wurst Haus. We hope to serve you again in the future. Thanks for your review!
Nashville, Tennessee
“Good brats”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Nice to sample before buying. We had our lunch there and came back the next morning to purchase several packages for our cooler to take home with us. They have a really good variety of brats and other meats to select from.

Visited July 2013
I am happy that you enjoyed your visit to the Wurst Haus. We enjoy the wide variety of customers from all over the world and we are happy when they enjoy our wide variety of bratwurst!
Geneva, Illinois
“Amazing bratwurst!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

My pal and I stumbled upon this eatery on Main Street in Hermann, and man, oh man, we're glad we did. Home and national brews, sample each bratwurst before ordering, and then get a large bratwurst in a pretzel roll, potato salad and cole slaw as the daily special for under seven bucks! (if not on special, it's about ten bucks). Add a bottle of beer for three bucks, and you have a lovely lunch, all served in a clean place like a large deli. It has giant windows that allow a diner to watch the passersby. There is plenty of cheese and smoked meats to buy and take home, but no pressure at all. No waitress, no tips required. Just order at the counter, and this deli-style eatery will bring the food to your table.

I loved the WurstHaus Signature Brat, with a tinge of garlic and onion (but not so much you can taste it, as I hate both on most things...lol. The free taste testing from a hot griddle helps you choose).

This is a gem in Hermann, and if I ever travel there again, I will eat here not once, but at least twice.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thanks for visiting the Wurst Haus. We are so glad you enjoyed it.
“Small portions and pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

My husband and I LOVED their food! We decided to share the German platter, two brats with two sides. We also ordered two fountain sodas. The total was $17! At first the price didnt phase me, I knew I was going to get a delicious dinner. They brought it out and I was immediately disappointed. Half the plate was saurkraut and the other half was practiacally empty. My husband and I got one decent bite of each side, we chose coleslaw and pasta salad. The Wurst Haus brat was very good. We thought about ordering another brat each but it was $7 for a brat with bun. So we went down the street and got another appetizer and ice cream. I would go there to buy brats and bacon but I will never have dinner there again.

• Visited July 2013