“Loved it!! Loved it!!” 5 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hermann
Serenity Place Guest House & Spa
1011 Market Street, Hermann, MO 65041   |
Ranked #17 of 42 Hermann B&B and Inns
kansas
“Loved it!! Loved it!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

I was looking for a reasonable place to stay for a girls’ trip. From my first phone conversation with April I knew that this was going to be one great trip to Hermann, MO!!

Our group of 6 women stayed here during our 3 day/2 night trip. There are only 2 bedrooms and they are upstairs above Massage for Your Health. I loved the rooms—from the way they were decorated, comfortable beds, seating area, books and magazines, to the relaxing CDs and CD player. I appreciate all the thought and care she put into making the upstairs so inviting. There was also a refrigerator stocked with bottled water and room for any items we wanted to put in it. We used the microwave to heat water for the hot tea and cocoa as well as the popcorn she provided. Of course, there was a coffee maker for those in our group who wanted early morning coffee. Oh yes, she also had a library of DVD and VHS movies that we could choose from. She provided robes and house slippers for us to use which was really nice as we could lounge around before getting our massages and ultimate foot package downstairs. They were wonderful---talk about pampering, did we ever feel pampered! In fact, we went to the local chocolate store and were given some wonderful locally made chocolate with the free coupon that April gave us. Of course, it was go good we all bought more pieces!

I really liked the fact that it was “our” space. We had a key to the house, could come and go as we wished, and had the place all to ourselves at night---very helpful when you get a bunch of women telling stories and laughing without having to worry about bothering others.

April does not fix breakfast but offered us 3 options--sometimes decisions are just too hard to make  One morning we ate at a local restaurant with vouchers she gave us. The next morning we drove to another bed and breakfast and had the most amazing breakfast. The third option would have been a continental breakfast that April would have brought to us. The breakfast options were perfect for us as we had morning coffee before we left and then were able to head out for the day after our breakfast at the restaurant and the B and B.

Our group is already planning another trip. April has the gift of hospitality and attention to detail. I’m so glad that we stayed at the Serenity Place Guest House and Spa.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

13 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Salem
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

The size of the place was disappointing. Didn't get the chocolates like ad indicated. Very pricey for what we received and the messages were adequate. The breakfast place was an experience in itself!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
April G, Owner at Serenity Place Guest House & Spa, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to send you comments. I am so very sorry we missed the mark on the chocolates for you and that your experience wasn't what you had hoped for.
I do want to comment, however, for others who are reading this review that our Bed and Breakfast is by for one of the most reasonably priced in town. If you have any questions about the Inn check out our website and you can view the rooms, prices and other details.
Kansas City, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

I wanted to give Serenity Spa a great review. The truth is, I was disappointed in several aspects from the moment I stepped foot there. My check in time was at 3 p.m., and my bedroom was not ready until closer to 4:30. Luckily, I had a few things I could do in Hermann while I waited with my friend. Our treatments were scheduled on the phone months out in advance, and the treatments started a half-hour late. Also, unlike the advertisement, a full pedicure or manicure is not offered. The bathrooms are shared, and the guidelines for their usage are left up to the guests, which is not a good concept if several women are staying there! The hot water runs out quickly. Necessities in the bathrooms, such as toilet paper, must be taken care of by the guests themselves. The owner does not stay there at night. I think that is unwise for liability, if anything else. No food is served there, and the neighboring restaurant isn't very good. The owner has a business partnership with a B & B across town. Other than the massage from April (which was fantastic), that was the second best part of a mediocre stay. I will not be going back; neither will my friend. Oh, and forget about walking into downtown from there, as there is no sidewalk and a hilly road! The town of Hermann is very cute, though, so I look forward to finding some place else that will give me what I'm looking for.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Springfield, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

The owner and her staff were helpful from the time I contacted her about setting up a bachelorette spa weekend. In the months leading up to the trip April (the owner) answered all of my questions (there were lots!) and worked up a mock spa schedule for all of our treatments. When we arrived April greeted us with a smile and snacks and we all fell in love with this place! We had a total of 6 ladies staying in two gorgeous and spacious rooms. We were pampered with massages and facials and treated to foot soaks and masks. There are only two rooms so it was perfect for us, as we had the entire place to ourselves. The spa area is on the main level and that was also just us for an entire morning. To top it, breakfast and lunch on the first day were provided by April and her staff and both were perfectly amazing! Then April (the owner) set us up with a 5 star breakfast at a colloborating b&b, the next day which was to die for! I cannot say enough positive things about this spa and b&b! I will definitely be going back again and again!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2010

I stayed here the first weekend in November with 5 other ladies. We had such a great time, and really loved it here! April was so easy to work with during booking, and scheduling spa services. The Massage therapists (Bonnie and April) were both awesome too!

The place itself is beautiful. Very nicely redone, and super quaint! The only draw back was the location- just not downtown-- But that is okay, because the trolley will come get you! The girls weekend package was perfect, and everyone had a great time!

Planning to come back and visit Serenity Place SOON!! (hopefully in June!!)
Thanks April for being so helpful and accomodating to a big group of girls!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Serenity Place Guest House & Spa? Share your experiences!