“We left right after checking in.” 1 of 5 stars

Days Inn St Louis North Airport
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   7350 North Hanley Road, Hazelwood, MO 63042   |
Ranked #9 of 10 hotels in Hazelwood
Lee's Summit, MO
“We left right after checking in.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012 via mobile

I've stayed at other Days Inn's before, and found them to be of good quality. So I thought we were getting a bargain with this one, since the room was under $50. However, once we arrived, we felt unsafe in the neighborhood. Also, there were white stains all over the carpet. We did not feel safe staying there, so we left.

• Stayed February 2012

118 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Beaumont, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2011

This was the worst hotel/motel i've ever stayed in. The carpet was filthy I refused to walk around unless I had my shoes, the room smelled of smoke when it was non-smoking, the towels smelled extremely smokey. There was mold on the bathroom ceiling. I couldn't sleep because it was filthy and I couldn't wait to get out of there... I never want to think of this place again!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
San Antonio, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

Here are my overall impressions......Good: front desk lady (Wilma I think) was pretty nice, good price, big rooms, in general clean and smell free, extra soap and shampoo. Bad: outdated, maintenence had apparently just installed a towel rack and did some work in the shower and there were piles of drywall dust in the bathroom, not a great part of town (but that was my choice to stay there), shower sucked (old and it showed). If I had to stay in that part of town again I would consider staying here but only because it was cheap. I guess you get what you pay for. Definitely one of the worst Days Inns Ive stayed in but not a rat hole.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Grand Rapids, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

hotel was run down, there were people living there lots of them! the beds were comfortable, staff was friendly. BUT i was visiting from michigan and knew nothing about the area, its not very nice, my car got broke in to, athough the police rode up on them while they were doing it so they didnt get any thing, i packed up and left!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Aylmer, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

We stayed there for 2 nights and were disappointed when we arrived. This location is VERY old and the format of the hotel shows it. There is no front desk access after 9p so plan ahead. It has the feel of a cheap motel. The rooms are less than desired and are decorated with mix-n-match furniture. The bed had cigarette stains as well. The pool closed hours earlier than advertised. There were no high chairs in the breakfast area. The place had a VERY unsafe feeling.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Kansas City, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

This was our worst motel/hotel experience EVER! We were all so tired that there was no strength left to lug all of our luggage back to the car and find another motel. You could smell the bathroom (go ahead, guess which scent) from the door! The only reason I took the room was because I had been told at check in that this room was a double King at a double, double bed price. I know that double Kings are rare but, what the heck. LIARS!! They saw me coming and took advantage. We could barely keep our eyes open. What we got was a double, double bed room. I called the front desk to inform them of their error and was told, "Sorry, I told you wrong. We only have double, double bed rooms. Would you like to change rooms?" "To what?" I asked. At this point, I see my granddaughter has fallen asleep on the floor! OMG!! One of us grabs the child while the rest of us rummage through our bags looking for Lysol! Lucky for us, the carwash kit I keep in my trunk has rubber gloves in it and various cleaners. I have never asked to see a room before I checked in. From here on out.....I will be inspecting all of my rooms!!

Room Tip: Inspect your room BEFORE checking in.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Springfield
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2011

This place should not be allowed to be in business. After traveling nearly 4 hours to come to St. Louis for a little family getaway, we were exhausted. The lady at the front desk when I checked in was beyond rude and acted like I was being a hastle because I needed my room key. She was demanding of my information and when she couldn't get it right, she got pissy and threw the paper at me and had me finish filling it out. I bit my tongue, as I knew with this hotel being fairly cheap, she probably didn't get paid much. When we got to the room, I had planned to bathe my 3 children after a long day of travel. The bathroom had old band-aids on the floor, (opened) there was blood on the toilet, there was toilet paper and tampon wrappers on the floor along with live insects (roly poly's) there was stagnant standing water in the bathtub with mold all around. The paper towel rack was broken and hanging from the wall with exposed wires in which one of my small children could easily access. As we were packing up our things the next early morning, my 3 year old noticed a condom lying under the side of one of the beds. I did take a photo of this, as I will be sending it to the head office. When I stay at a cheap hotel, I don't expect a 5 star breakfast, nor a big room. I don't count on the beds being that great, or the rooms to be soundproof. BUT, I do expect a clean bathroom and nice staff. I will never stay at another Days Inn. My advise is to spend $10-$20 more and get a nicer place to stay...you will be so happy you did!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

Been to Days Inn St Louis North Airport? Share your experiences!