“Never Again!!!!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

(314) 770-7663
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Charlie Gitto's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 62 restaurants in Hazelwood
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Earth City Expressway
Jackson, Missouri
“Never Again!!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012 via mobile

Overpriced mediocre food. Horrible service and bad attitudes from manager.

62% Recommend
“Sinking Ship”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012 via mobile

After a 2.5 hour trip which I make regularly to go to one of my most enjoyed casino's I previously arranged for my casino host to partake in comp'ing my dinner for 3. The comp did not have the name of the restaurant on it, it just said good for 90.00 and "EAT UP!". Now to anyone with common sense which is most of us, "EAT UP!" would have been looked upon as an expression such as "eat up and enjoy your meal". Upon entering the restaurant I presented the comp certificate to the asst GM and he clearly stated and acknowledged that it was ok to use this comp that I received from my host. Sat down, waiter was excellent, should have been the captain of the ship, food was for the most part less than mediocre. Received bill, presented comp certificate, I am then informed, now that I have already eaten dinner, that this comp certificate is not for this restaurant but for the, "EAT UP BUFFET", which the comp clearly states in big bold print, "EAT UP!", not, "EAT UP BUFFET", which "EAT UP" is supposedly the name of the buffet, anyhow on to the point, the GM of the restaurant then proceeds to the table to enlighten me on how SHE cannot help me or what she can't do for me, all with a very very snippy attitude, and I'm not exaggerating, I then informed her that her copilot asst GM acknowledged the certificate that I had upon entering and confirmed that the comp was valid, the GM said that he told her that we just waived it in front of his face and that he must have not seen it very well, which was a lie. The GM then goes and contacts a host to get the comp changed to this restaurants name all while we are sitting for about 20-25 min wondering where she is, she then comes back to inform me that it is taken care of. I informed her the whole way this situation was handled was very unproffesional and rude all which could have been avoided if someone was doing their job in making sure any certificate is valid BEFORE you eat the food. She then started yelling at all 3 of us saying, "IT IS TIME FOR YOU TO LEAVE!", she escorted us to the door and said I mean yelled once again, "GET OUT OF HERE NOW!", "YOUR A DIME A DOZEN!". I said "it hurts don't it, that the ship needs a new captain" and then left. I will not ever go to, nor mention, or even look in the general vacinity of this restaurant ever again! I am just in shock that someone with her kind of attitude is working with the public, I work in customer relations for a multi billion dollar company and would be immediately terminated for even thinking of speaking to a customer like that! Overall impression of restaurant, I'd rather starve.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Big deal, not worth it!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

Having been to three Charlie Gitto's I know people who really enjoy the places. For me, I just don't find them to be that good. Maybe I just have ordered the wrong things, but the cost is high and the enjoyment was low.

Visited January 2012
“The Worst staff!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012 via mobile

I used to come here at least once a month for YEARS! The food is always good, staff is varied. Depends on who you get. My last visit I was accused of not paying my bill AFTER I had left the restaurant! I received a call from the hostess and then my server claiming I had never paid. My mistake for paying in cash! Never again!! It's a scam so beware!!!! Only use credit cards - no cash! Beware of this place! This was a bad experience of epic proportion!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Maryville, Illinois
“Great Italian Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012

Skip the buffet at Harrah's and make reservations at Charlie Gitto's. Italian food can't get any better.