“Nice clean place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Hannibal
Kingsport, Tennessee
“Nice clean place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Reasonable rates, clean rooms, friendly staff. The only thing keeping this from being 5 stars is the location. Our room is in a little alcove area with poor parking and no view whatsoever. The location at least stops the noise from the interstate but does nothing for ambience. The breakfast is typical roadside motel fare so unless you are happy with some meh food just go grab a bite in town. The rooms are clean, the service is extremely friendly and this is not a bad place to spend a night or two. Thanks!!

Stayed June 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Mexico, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Stayed with family for a swim meet, and I was a bit anxious about staying here, as it was right on the highway and the doors opened to the outside world! We stayed in the "back wing" on the bottom floor, and had no issues whatsoever. Plenty of hot water and towels in the morning, and the beds were pretty comfortable. Believe it or not, it was QUIET. The breakfast room, although we had to walk outside to get there (OMG - HA), was clean and the breakfast was decent.

Hotel staff was very nice and helpful!

Not a bad stay for the price.

Room Tip: Get a room on the "backside" away from the highway. Lots of truck traffic.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Mount Carmel, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

Let me start by saying the staff at this motel are very nice and friendly. I have never stayed in a Econo lodge before, and I won't ever stay in one again. I well understand that you get what you pay for. However, for $70 I expected a little more. We just needed a place to sleep for about 7 hours until we could meet someone to pick up parts for my dads project car. That being said we decided why spend $100 for a room that we would only use for a short time. The econo lodge is clean...ish. Upon first arrival to the rooms they look and smell clean. However, when I went to take a shower it was a different story. The shower head was disgusting looking. It had brown stuff all of it, and it was extremely low. My husband is only 6ft tall and it barely came to his shoulders. Also our room faced the road and it was extremely load, all night. I understand that this is something the hotel can't help. I'm just informing those of you who might stay here. The bed was comfortable, although the sheets were rough and scratchy. The pillows were very flat and felt like nothing was there. I now know why I pay $100+ for a room, even for one night. I wouldn't stay here again, and I would not recommend it to anyone else.

Room Tip: If you do have to stay here...request a room that doesn't face the road, or plan on not getting...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
usa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Definitely an "older place" but still well run and a good choice for simple economy traveling. Good sized rooms and clean. The most notable thing about the rooms is while they CLOSELY face the major road - THEY ARE QUIET! We frankly wondered how in the world they managed to soundproof the front walls of the motel so well :-)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

We traveled at the last minute and were grateful to find something available. The hotel is easy to find, right on a main road and the prices were very reasonable. The staff was friendly and let us know that their parking area fills up in the evening, so we walked to restaurants nearby and did not lose our parking spot for overnight. Driving is best if you want to enter into the old parts of town and visit the Mark Twain sights. Too far of a walk. The room was clean and the air conditioning worked fine. The breakfast in the lobby was a bit skimpy, but still acceptable. We found it to be definitely worth the price.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms are more private.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

As other reviews have said, you can't judge a book by its cover. This hotel doesn't look like much but it is convenient to everything and was a very good deal on Priceline. The hotel is clean and easy to find. We arrived late on the first night and then visited Hannibal and Nauvoo on the following days, which were very convenient from where the hotel is located. On the plus side, the beds were comfortable and the room was large with a large bathroom. On the negative, the parking lot is very small and cramped, but still was functional. We stayed three nights and would stay again next time we pass through Hannibal.

Room Tip: The double queen, non-smoking was a good deal and the room was clean.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Franklin, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

If I hadn't reserved online, I wouldn't have bothered stopping. Anyway, upon arriving, I waited and waited for someone to check me in while some man (maintenance man maybe) tried to engage me in conversation. The woman finally came out and explained that she had to go to the bathroom. The room was ok, and clean but the parking area was very small and no handicap spaces that I noticed. It would have been ok for a $39 motel room, but $71 was quite pricy for a place like that. I received a request from Econo Lodge for a review by email and they didn't like my comments. I received a very nasty email from the manager concerning the review they asked for. I would sleep in a roadside ditch before I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Keep on driving. There are better places to stay in the area.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!