“Nice for Price” 5 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Hannibal
“Nice for Price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here last night as we needed to make a stop between Nashville, TN and Pierre, SD. The price was great. My husband asked about local Chinese restaurants and we were directed to a quaint Chinese buffet in town. The front desk guy was very helpful in that regard.

The room was clean and spacious. The only thing was that we could hear the gentleman next to us coughing a few times. But it didn't keep us up.

The free breakfast was adequate. However, there were a lot of people. They do need a little more space for everyone to eat downstairs.

Overall, a great stay.

• Stayed January 2014
Stacey H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hannibal, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to fill out the review, we appreciate the feedback, it helps us know where we need to improve. In the near future we will be opening up our new meeting room, when this is complete we will be extending the breakfast bar area. So please try us again in the future, to see all the new improvments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

I traveled here for work in August and September 2013. This review combines my experience of the two trips.

This is a clean, comfortable, and quiet location. I feel that I it was worth the amount I paid for it and it offered the most important thing for me - a good night's sleep. However, let me add more for your consideration.

Pros

The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. I can't emphasize this enough; they were really quite helpful and friendly.

The beds were comfortable and the rooms very functional. I didn't feel like I was at a restort per se, but didn't feel like I was being forced at a motel, either.

The coffee, microwave, and fridge were nice to have.

The free, continental breakfast was fairly good and well stocked.

Cons

The location doesn't offer much closeby for dinner or other items.....it's pretty much isolated. Though, there IS a Dollar General within walking distance.

Not many outlets to use, at least conveniently.

The hotel is RIGHT up against a neighborhood. There were a couple times some neighbors thought it necessary to blare their tunes out of their apparently expensive car sound systems. I, however, didn't much appreciate it much as it was happening after midnight.

One of my co-workers was required to stay in a smoking room as there were no more non smoking rooms available. Gross, right? The staff DID give him Fabreeze, but still......

The code for the internet (which is free, add that to the pro area) has to change almost everyday. Apparenlty, the neighborhood peeps get the code somehow so this is how the hotel handles it. I DO appreciate that so my experience is not SLOW......but it is a bit of a hassle when you try to log on to work at 3am and can't find the new code. Just a heads up, get it each time you come back for the day/night.

Overall, I will stay here again and the Pros outweigh the Cons.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the front of the hotel, away from the neighborhood.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Stacey H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hannibal, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to fill out the review. We appreciate the feedback, they always help to improve the guest experience. We apologize for any inconvience the password changed caused you, it changes twice a week Mondays and Thursdays. Just wanted to let you know so it won't inconvience you the next time you stay with us. We hope to see you again in the future, and will be awaiting your arrival.
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

An exceptional Holiday Inn experience because of the quality of the staff at this location.

The rooms are standard, Holiday Inn high quality so are completely comfortable.

Staff is exceptional from warm greeting to the delivery of perfect services.

Definitely a return visit down the road just to enjoy the fine people of Hannibal, Missouri.

Room Tip: It doesn't matter what room you take because the staff at this location will make you welcome an...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Stacey H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hannibal, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful comments about our hotel staff and hotel. We strive for customer service and are so happy you noticed how much that means to our hotel. We will be waiting for your arrival when you return to see us here in Hannibal, Mo.
St. Charles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

We hadn't stayed at a Holiday Inn in years since I am a platinum member of another hotel chain. We especially liked the staff at this hotel. They were enthusiastic about the festival in town and the restaurant they recommended for dinner. Our room was clean. Breakfast was very good. We would stay here again if we are in Hannibal.

Room Tip: We had a suite since we did not reserve the room far enough in advance to get any other room for the...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Stacey H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hannibal, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Thank you for your friendly comments about our hotel and our staff. We hope to see you in the future again.
Duluth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Very impressed upon entering the hotel. The man working the front desk that day was the nicest most helpful man, wish I could remember his name, but he was a bigger man. For some reason I was upgraded to a King Room Suite non smoking which was fine, but I had wanted one on the ground floor, but ended up on the 3rd floor, very small elevator!! (could of had the ground floor, but no refrigerator, which I wanted) I was asked to join the rewards club and would get X amount off each night if I did, foolish not too!! Our room was nice and big, but the bathroom was on the small side, although the lighting in the bathroom was the best we have had, one could actually see to put makeup on and for hubby to shave with ease!!
The big drawback, no restaurants nearby. The clerk suggested Drakes, which was hard to find, we had to stop and ask.
One time when we came back to our room the smell of cigarette smoke was extremely strong as we got off the elevator, I noticed a couple rooms near the elevator were smoking rooms. I am allergic to smoke, so this was quite uncomfortable for me, as the smell went all the way down the hall. I think the smoking rooms should all be in one area away from the elevators. Don't know how many this hotel has. I don't know if all Express Inns allow smoking, if so I probably won't stay in one again just for that fact.
The noise of the highway was annoying, and the best part is I had my noise machine running. Even though the hotel isn't right next to the highway, you still can hear it.
I don't know why but on our second day when we got back to our room, our room keys would not work, so I had to make a special trip down to the front desk, a different clerk was on duty, and he wasn't as friendly as the first man. Just saying!
The first morning we got to the breakfast room after 8, and could not find a place to sit, as there are not enough tables in there at all, the room is rather small, you access the pool and fitness room via the breakfast room!! A nice couple hurried and finished their breakfast, so we could get their table.
We thought they had a very good breakfast selection and there was a woman making sure everything was filled. The second morning we got down there at 7 and we had our choice this time where to sit!!
Oh yes, one evening after returning from supper, there was a plate of the most delicious warm cookies sitting on the front desk!
I am giving an average for sleep quality as of the noise from the highway!

Room Tip: ask for a room on the back side, won't be as noisy as the front.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Stacey H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hannibal, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to respond to this review. We thank you for your kind comments about our staff. We would also like to let you know that most Holiday Inn's all have total non-smoking floors, including here in Hannibal. If you ever try to stay with us again just let us know and we will be glad to place you on that floor so it does not bother your allergies.
We are currently working to improve our breakfast bar seating, by this time next year all work will be complete. Thanks again and we hope to see you in the future.
Fort Frances, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Hotel is in the middle of no where. Nothing around it for food, walking etc. Our room was warm and when we tried to open the window flies came into the room in abundance. They were between the glass and the screen. The heater/AC was noisy. Walls are paper thin and we could hear a lot of "sounds" from the room next door that we would rather not have heard! On top of everything else the smell of cigarette smoke in the room and in the halls is disgusting. This hotel is certainly not the typical HIE and we are not sure how it qualified to get the name. On a positive note the room was clean and the beds comfortable.

Room Tip: Not sure how you would choose a good room here. Do not open your windows in the fall and if you are...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for responding to the review we are sad to hear you did not enjoy your stay. We apologize for the inconvience, and hope you will try us again in the future. We are currently taking steps to improve our hotel, and are striving to become a great hotel guest can love.
Warrensburg, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Even though I was traveling on a discounted rate for work the hotel still gave me a very nice king room on the third floor that was nicely decorated and furnished. The front desk staff seemed like they were still doing some training, but they were very good about communicating with me as I was checking in and working to get everything done as quickly as possible.

While I didn't have a chance to fully enjoy breakfast because I was rushing out, the breakfast area looked very nice and clean, and the separate room they had set aside for the business center was a plus.

I'm returning in November, and I will definitely be staying here again!

Room Tip: This hotel is set back a little from the main road. Even though I was on the front of the hotel I d...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Stacey H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hannibal, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for the friendly comments about our facility. We are pleased to hear you will be staying with us again in the future. We hope to continue to be a hotel you are pleased to stay with, and will be awaiting your arrival.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hannibal? Share your experiences!