“Restaurant only.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of LulaBelle's

LulaBelle's
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hannibal
LulaBelle's
You added LulaBelle's to your Saves list
111 Bird, Hannibal, MO 63401   |
Ranked #8 of 12 Hannibal B&B and Inns
“Restaurant only.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We didn't stay at the B&B, but we ate at the restaurant. It is extremely overprice for what you get. They need to decide if it is upscale dining or just bar food. The filet was the worst I have had. My sons burger was less than good. How do you mess up a burger?
The chicken strips were good.
My suggestion would be to lower the prices, get rid of the wallpaper and use paper knapkins or hire a chef.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Eastern Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We stayed in the Renaissance Suite at the Main Street B&B for this trip. We booked two nights but left a day early. The room is huge with super tall ceilings which was very nice. It was clean and well decorated. The bathroom was also enormous with a sort of separate area for the toilet, a giant spa tub and a corner shower. There's a mini-fridge in the bathroom as well. The location is really perfect, downtown historic Hannibal, we came in on a motorcycle, parked it and then walked everywhere. This location puts you near at least three bars, all the historic area restaurants and all the Mark Twain attraction/museums.

We didn't realize breakfast was included until after we left. The paper map given when we checked in mentioned breakfast for all b&b guests at Lulabelle's every day, but we didn't notice that until we'd gone home.

This location is loud. The bars spill outside and it's almost like the windows were open or non-existent. They provided "Lulabelle's Train Mufflers" (earplugs) which should probably be called Bar Patron Mufflers and they work to keep the noise out until the bars closed. The trains weren't running because of flooding so we didn't hear any trains.This is out of the owners control, while it was a surprise how loud it was, the issue is really the city's. Ideally bar patrons would remain inside until closing, not outside shouting, but there isn't much the B&B owner can do about that.

The shower is ridiculous. The low flow shower head is no-flow. Given the amount of time we had to leave it running to get hot, it just isn't possible money is being saved with the low flow head. I wasn't sure it could get the shampoo out of my medium length hair. It did the job..but I would really like to see regular shower heads. The TV was also a little frustrating, there was an HBO guide for May (we stayed in June) and I couldn't locate a channel guide in the room so it was necessary to just browse the TV to find something to watch. The TV in our room also made an increasing buzzing noise as well.

Overall the property is really nice, and in a great location. I'd like to see the low-flow shower head removed, the city step up the noise control, and a bit more information given when I checked in (wifi password? tell us about breakfast...), otherwise, we had a great time.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

First the good: we loved the decor of the arts and crafts room. The breakfasts were delicious both mornings. When I was dissatisfied with a few things the owner did not get defensive and immediately addressed them.

On the frustrating side there were things not under the owners control: train horn noise all night Friday night and bar band/party noise Saturday nite. There were some things we thought the B&B could have done better: making it clear that when you stay at the Main Street property you have to check in at Lulabelles, putting the dish TV instructions in a prominent place, easing up a little on the water saving shower and offering the wifi password.

I guess I let these minor irritants color my memory of my stay. For the price we paid all the basics were really covered.

• Stayed April 2013
Jacksonville, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I have stayed at Lulabelles three times and enjoyed the food and the accommodations. I had a room with a view of the river. If you are there for the Mark Twain attractions then you are in walking distance from almost everything.I plan a trip here every year.I will be back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Poland, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

LulaBelles B&B is not your average B&B. It's not a 200 year old house. It's casual & cozy. Not fancy but fun. The food was great and servings were very generous. Mike was always there to greet and ensure everything was taken care of immediately. I can only imagine that if this had been in the busy season our experience would have been a bit different because he seemed so eager to make everything perfect. It was a good fit for the Old Town section of Hannibal. In fact everyone in town worked together to make our stay special. We'll be back!

Room Tip: Comfort is not contingent on price! Ask, Don't demand and most things will be taken care of imme...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Belle, Missouri, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

After a 2 1/2 hour drive we finally made it to LulaBelle's. We stayed at the Main Street B&B in the Safari Suite. It was a GREAT room and a GREAT location. We went to Hannibal to celebrate our one year together. On this trip we ended up engaged:) Mike was a VERY nice man. I love the old comfortable feel of LulaBelle's. The food was outstanding. We WILL be back to stay at LulaBelle's.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Swiss
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

My wife and I stayed for a romantic getaway weekend and although we loved the area and plan on coming back we won’t stay at this B&B again. The owner was not very friendly and made you feel uncomfortable. The prices were OK but since we did not enjoy the stay there it was a waste of our money. The food was nothing special and there were much nicer places to eat that will go to next time. Overall it was just not what we had hoped for our time away and plan to stay somewhere else next time we go to Hannibal.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to LulaBelle's? Share your experiences!