“Great first B&B experience!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dubach Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hannibal
Dubach Inn
You added Dubach Inn to your Saves list
221 North Fifth St., Hannibal, MO 63401   |
Ranked #4 of 12 Hannibal B&B and Inns
De Soto, Missouri
“Great first B&B experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

Me and my girlfriend went to Hannibal last year for 2 nights but could only afford a hotel room. This year, we decided to stay in a little more luxory and find a bed and breakfast. Neither of us had been to a BnB before, but after a week or so of researching BnBs in Hannibal (all of which were almost double the price of Dubach) I ran across Dubach here on Tripadvisor. It didn't take long for me to see that this was the place for us. We originally planned to stay a night in November in the Marion Suite. Kristine had stated that a larger group was going to be staying and would like them to have the Marion, but she recommended the Fette to me instead as it was more private and had an attatched bathroom. On the morning of our trip my girlfriend woke up not feeling well. Kristine and Steve were both very understanding and graciously allowed us to reschedule our stay. As it would turn out, the night we had rescheduled for was also the night of Hannibal's Christmas parade which was a nice suprise. The room itself was very nice and clean. Had basically everything you would need to live but a stove and oven (mini fridge, sink, silverware in the cabinents, private bath, private outdoor entrance and balcony with a table and chairs, nice private seating area with a very comfy couch and chase, tv with a dvd player, microwave, table for eating, even a dishwasher if you're staying for a while). The only 2 things missing really were a bath tub (shower only in Fette) and heating in the bedroom. However there was a small electric heater that was more than enough to keep us warm when it was in the teens outside. Kristine and Steve made us feel very at home. They were very friendly but not overbearing, which was something I was afraid of since it was my first BnB experience. We hardly noticed they were there but we knew we were just a phone call from help. The breakfast was wonderful. When had a small bowl of fruit for an appetizer and Kristine and Steve made us turkey sausage and mushroom omelets with sour cream and a little salsa on top with a side of potatos. It was delicous. My girlfriend and I were the only 2 there for breakfast as the other couple had to leave because of the snowy weather. Kristine and Steve did a great job of making us feel at comfortable. They are both very down to Earth people, which was really nice as I was worried owners of a BnB might be a little snoody. Felt like I was right at home with family. Wonderful stay and at a price that you can't hardly pass up. I would definitely reccomend staying here. Thanks Kristine and Steve for making our first BnB stay a great success. We will most likely be back next year if not before!

Room Tip: Fette suite is a great stay for couples. Private bath, private entrance, and private patio with seat...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Plainville, Kansas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

we stayed here with Steve & Kristine for a sister getaway. They both are beyond friendly with a splash of class. they make you feel right at home. The breakfast they serve each morning in their beautiful dining room are exceptionally tasteful. The decor through out the house has been done so very tasteful to the time frame of the house. The beds were very comfortable. the cleanliness was top notch. They go the extra length to make your stay in Hannibal very delightful. We stayed four nights and was almost speechless of how they were so accommodating and knowledgeable of the town. They truly make you feel like you are still at home. Would recommend them to anyone that is staying in Hannibal. Their location is perfect to venture by foot to the downtown sites. You felt very safe coming and going. So very glad we found them online to book our stay with them.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Maryville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Very relaxing stay at Dubach Inn. Kristine made our dinner reservation while we were still traveling, so we didn't have to wonder where to eat. LaBinnah Bistro and Dubach Inn are great combination for fantastic stay. Thank you Kristine and Steve for delightful breakafst and stay

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Springfield, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was our first trip to Hannibal and thank goodness we found this bed and breakfast! My boyfriend and I had a wonderful time in Hannibal! We also enjoyed staying at this bed and breakfast. The breakfast was amazing, the room was spacious, the bed was extremely comfortable, the bathroom had a wonderful garden tub, and the owners were wonderful and very friendly! We would love to go back and would definitely recommend this Bed and Breakfast to others!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

My family and I had an AMAZING stay at the Dubach Inn and cannot wait to go back! Christine and Steve made us feel so at home and provided wonderful food, accommodations, and conversation. They also gave us some great ideas as to what activities our kids might like.

Both my son (12) and daughter (10) loved the suite, as did my wife and I. Everything was top notch!

We only stayed one night, but we did quite a bit in our 24 hours. Here are the activities for anyone looking to make the best of their time there: We took a ride on the Mark Twain Riverboat Saturday afternoon, went to have dinner at Labinnah Bistro, then spent the rest of the evening taking the Haunted Hannibal Tour. The following morning we grabbed an early espresso at Java Jive, then had our AMAZING breakfast prepared by Christine, left to visit Tom Sawyer's Boyhood Home (along with all of the other buildings along with it), stopped off at Lover's Leap, and ended our trip with a tour through the Mark Twain cave before heading back home. All of that took place in 24 hours! :)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Although we ultimately felt that our stay (July 14 through 17, 2013) was perhaps a night too long for what Hannibal has to offer, that certainly wasn't because of our experience at the Dubach Inn. Kristine and Steve are great hosts and their breakfasts simply couldn't be better -- both delicious and nutritious!
An added bonus was the coffee service outside our doors an hour BEFORE breakfast (the timing at our choice.) For those who, like me, have difficulty putting words together before that first cup of coffee, this can make all the difference, especially in B&Bs, where stupefied silence at the breakfast table isn't generally considered good form.
My two brothers and I and our spouses occupied the entire Inn while we were there, with my husband and I in Marion's Suite, which has a very large and comfortable sitting area that was great for getting the six of us together. The bedroom is amusingly decorated in a sort of eclectic Far-East/tropical style and the bed itself was excellent. The bath, although private, is down the hall a few steps and has a great tub as well as good shower and is entirely modern. The small refrigerator in the hall just outside the sitting area is very helpful and the complimentary water and soft drinks were generous.
We were there during a very hot and humid several days and really appreciated the user-controlled AC and the variable-speed overhead fans. The quietness of all the rooms was also very much appreciated. We heard absolutely no sounds from the other suites and, of course, the quietness of the neighborhood meant that we also rarely heard any noise from outside.
Should we ever be in Hannibal again, we'll certainly stay at the Dubach Inn.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Dubach Inn on our way to Chicago. I wish we'd allowed another night! With the warm and interesting vintage decor and Kristine's equally warm hospitality (not to mention the really delicious breakfast), my whole family loved it. We also enjoyed the limited time we had in Hannibal and hope to return for a longer visit to the Dubach Inn soon.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Dubach Inn? Share your experiences!