“We enjoyed it so much we went back a second night.” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Our Haunted Hannibal Ghost Tours are history-based guided tours that explore the most notoriously haunted sites -- past and present -- throughout America's Hometown. We also provide custom historic tours and 'step-on' tours for groups and buses. The tours are conducted daily on a year-round basis; contact us for current tour times and reservations.
Illinois
48 attraction reviews
“We enjoyed it so much we went back a second night.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

This is not a scary haunted tour. You get in the trolley and go to a couple spots that is suppose to be haunted.

Make sure you take your camera for orb pictures.

Visited September 2011

Saint Louis, Missouri
3 attraction reviews
“This tour rocks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

My son and I go to Hannibal at least once a year and the only "must do" is the Haunted Hannibal Tour! Lisa and Ken are big fun and each time we learn something new, hear a new story or see a new site. They really know their history and make learning fun for all. My son is 10 and this year my husband went with us. He is usually not in to the "touristy" things but even he had a great time. The cemetery is our favorite stop and we have always gone back the next day to see it in the light too. We discover new things every time! It just amazes me. Have met new friends on the tour and now consider Lisa and Ken to be our friends too. Don't miss this one!!!!!!!

Visited August 2011
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Genuine guide, genuine experience...and a fascinating fun time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

I have attended two Haunted Hannibal Tours, once in April 2011 and again in July 2011. Both times I took advantage of what is called a “personalized tour,” as I wanted the experience to be unique and special for the individuals I was bringing with me. All I can say is that both experiences have been awesome! Whether you believe in ghosts or not, this tour offers a fascinating look at the history of Hannibal Missouri. Lisa Marks (the guide) loves her history – but not just your text book variety. Lisa takes the time to learn the stories of not only the local celebrities of Hannibal’s heyday, but the everyday people that made that town the special place that it is. She also takes the time to make sure that you get out of the tour what you hoped for. There is no hocus pocus and no acting, nor does Lisa don the outfit of a witch or voodoo priestess. When you meet her, you know that she is sincere and not putting on an act. In fact, she is so welcoming that she offered for my husband and I to stay in her own home in April after our tour, as we were camping up the road and the weather had turned quite cold and rainy. As for the “ghosty” part of the tour… awesome! I have to say that I certainly had some rather unexplainable occurrences while touring a local cemetery. I heard sounds surround me that I can’t even describe but had never heard before and gave me goose bumps! I also heard footsteps come up behind me at one point, and thinking it was my husband, turned around to say something to him and he was 100 meters in the distance down a hill. We captured quite a few interesting things on our camera as well. I highly recommend the Haunted Hannibal Tour to anyone that wants a fun and unique experience while touring the beautiful town of Hannibal, MO.

Visited July 2011
“Great tour full of historical information!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

I took my oldest son who's 20 and my youngest son and niece, both 11 years old. Lisa and Ken are two of the nicest people and are so informed and entertaining when telling the history of Hannibal and the ghost stories. We booked a private tour and Lisa made sure it was what we asked for. We met them at their new museum, which they are working on and I can't wait to see it when they're done! After talking to them for 5 minutes, I felt as if we'd known them for years! They are very personable and knew our names as soon as we walked in and spoke to the kids about what they liked and hoped to get out of the tour. We then toured the haunted streets of Hannibal and Lisa kept us interested with her great storytelling of the ghosts in Hannibal. We then went to the Old Baptist Cemetery. It was a great experience! We walked around the dark cemetery with flashlights and dowsing rods and Lisa and Ken told us stories about the cemetery and some of the people buried there. All of us were highly entertained and very satisfied with our tour! We will DEFINITELY come back to Hannibal and back on the tour again! Thanks so much!

Pittsfield,USA
“A Wonderful Time No Matter Your Age”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

I went on the tour in April 2011 with my daughter and son then July 2011 with my husband. Even if you don't believe in ghosts this is a great way to spend your time. I lived around Hannibal my whole life and never knew about most of what I learned from this tour. My family is even from Hannibal. I learned so much about this wonderful towns history. The most I knew about it was Mark Twain. You get to learn about haunted cemeteries, mansions and even a famous unsolved murder. I cannot say enough about this. You have to experience it to get the full idea. The tour lasts about 1 1/2 - 2 hours. Lisa and Ken make it so interesting you don't want it to end.

Visited July 2011