“Wish I knew sooner how great the whole experience would be.” 5 of 5 stars

573-221-1288
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 57 Restaurants in Hannibal
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Dessert
chicago,il
“Wish I knew sooner how great the whole experience would be.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2010

Being from just south of Chicago, please just trust I've had my share of great pizza. On our lastest trip, we went on a relaxing tour of Hannibal Mo. where we happened upon the Brick Oven. I will never likely have a pizza made as this again. Fresh sliced pepperoni, the best of olives, cheese that makes me hungry as I speak of it, all on a crust you have to experience. Service was teriffic and a Wine list that is truly Wourld class.
ALSO .... can you please tell me, how many other places you know that the owner has the time to talk to the customers.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Quincy, Illinois
“Great Pizza! And Italian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2010

Wonderful atmosphere and great hosts. Reasonably priced.

Washington DC
“They care, and that goes a long way”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2010

We had someone in our party with food allergies and we got a brand new waitress who really didn't know the menu or ingredients in the dishes and, unfortunately, figured she'd just guess rather than find out. To her credit, the owner, Stacy, saw what was going on and stepped in and gave our table her full attention throughout our lunch. The food was very good and the desserts, shipped in from "the Hill" in St. Louis, were also very good. They clearly have some staff issues (one of the chefs is also new) but the menu, atmosphere and food is all solid and with time it will get better and better. This is a bright spot in a town that has a scarcity of bright spots.

Midwest
“The worst pizza in my life”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2010

It is a very special restaurant for me: I had the absolutely worst pizza in my life here. It was decadently bad. Thin but leathery crust; thin and mushy topping consisting mostly of unknown elements. Any (really any) frozen pizza, heated in microwave, is much, much better than the one form Brick Owen. Service was not good: they did not tell me how bad was their pizza.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Illinois
“Decent & cozy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2010

We had dinner there on our visit to Hannibal with the family. The restaurant itself is cozy with a nice atmosphere, but the food was just OK. My son had a pizza and my husband had the lasagna which I'm told were both delicious. I had the cheese ravioli which were average, unless you like generic sauce on frozen ravs for $14.99. My daughter had the pizza bread which she enjoyed . We felt some of the food was over priced and were disappointed that we did not get bread with our entrees. The wine list had some nice selections and the house red was yummy.
Overall, I'd say it was good but I think we'd try something else if we are ever in the area again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere