“good place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Waters Edge Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Gravois Mills
Waters Edge Motel
You added Waters Edge Motel to your Saves list
25587 Missouri Highway 5, Gravois Mills, MO 65037   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Gravois Mills
GreenLeadersBronze level
shawnee, ok.
“good place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

our stay was on a monday and tuesday at the end of september. the room was very clean and reasonably priced, the grounds were meticulous, the view was real nice and the service was great. the grounds have bbq grills and their dock is nice with a place to clean fish and ladders to get in and out of the water.

Room Tip: pay the extra for lake view. it's worth it.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Atchison, Kansas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

We Were at the Waters Edge Motel for three nights it was very clean, the beds were comfortable and the folks that own the place are wonderful and very friendly. It is out of the way of the hustle and bustle of the Ozarks and we loved the quiet. The only reason for 4 stars is there is no handicap accessibility anywhere. You had to step up two steps to get into the room and the door was very hard to open when you have a cane in one hand. The bathroom was very small and the shower was in a bathtub. It would be 5 stars for me if the accessibility issue were addressed. The price is reasonable and there is a big back yard with horseshoes badminton grills and picnic tables and the motel is located right on the water as the name implies. If you don't have accessibility needs it is a fantastic place for an inexpensive visit to the Lake of the Ozarks.

• Stayed September 2012
Pagosa Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

This is an old motel that is incredibly clean and tidy in appearance. You can swim from the dock and rent a kayak or paddle boat by the hour. There is no beach at this location, so small children might have trouble entering the water. As one example of personal service, the owner brought a pair of sunglasses down to me while I was in the water, when she noticed that I had forgotten mine. Plus she offered cleaning tips -- Kaboom!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Bob S, Owner at Waters Edge Motel, responded to this review, September 15, 2012
Thank you for your review. Guest comfort and safety are our first priority. We are constantly up-dating to meet the expectations and amenities for our guests, with a balance of quiet time and family fun on the water of the Lake of the Ozarks.

Children of all ages find our swim dock the place to be, with help from parents or a guardian our little guests find the swim ladder easy to use, of course kids find just jumping in the water to be fast, fun and easy.

As onsite owner – operators of a quaint, small water front motel, we try to interact with our guests to provide them with a most enjoyable and memorable stay, our hope is that our guests become friends for life.
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

My husband stayed here over Labor Day weekend. We rented an efficiency as well as a room with two queen beds for our daughter and some friends. Everything about the property from the docks and lovely yard area to the rooms were well maintained and very clean. The owners were lovely and truly cared about our comfort and opinion of their motel. We will definately stay there again. We enjoyed boating on the Gravois arm and dining at the various restaurants there.

Room Tip: request a room in the back of the hotel overlooking the lake.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Brookville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I had the chance to stay at Waters Edge. After checking into the motel Robin came to the car to see if we needed help carrying anything into our room. I have never been asked that in all my years of travel. Robin came back to check on us to make sure we had everything we needed. I really enjoyed her story of Daisy (whom I named tender foot) and of the hummingbirds, and about her Martin House. Bob and Robin take great pride in the Motel. I was so happy to be able to walk into a room unseen and find it immaculate, very clean and had the feeling that I was the first person to ever be in that room. They both were very busy at cleaning and checking on their guests. I enjoyed talking with them both. Robin and Bob thank you so much for all your hard work. It is greatly appreciated. If I had been there a little longer I would have loved to enjoy a dinner on the provided grills, do some fishing and maybe jump in the water!!
With no mention of a name........We weren't able to reserve a room (unexpected visit) for more than the one night.so we were forced to stay in another place for 2 nights. Talk about going from sunshine and feeling at home to being in a dungeon and waiting for something to jump on you. Well you got the point.

I will no doubt return to our new home away from home but I will be glad to talk to a new found friend. Mary

Room Tip: I stayed in an inner room. It was quiet and I had a great view of the water which was very relaxing.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Burlington, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

We have stayed at the Waters Edge many, many times throughout the years. We farm and are not used to the fast pace life on the other side of the lake. We love the Gravois Mills area and the people. The Waters Edge is the absolute best place to stay if you want to relax and just enjoy yourself. It is amazing how clean the grounds are. The owners are up early getting the grounds in mint condition for the guests to enjoy the day on the lake. The rooms are spotless. The owners are very friendly and are helpful if you are not familiar with the lake and the surroundings. I wouldn't stay anywhere else!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

The people that own it are extremely friendly.it is a very clean and the way it is set up in the yard by the lake. Someone was thinking about there customers not just putting out some BBQ pits. You can tell they Want the customers happy.I would recamemd this place to anyone I know you will be happy.I recommend the 2 lower rooms right on the water.rated a. Top job place to stay.a. dry good little diner up the road also.we had some very good food faiirly close also.

• Stayed July 2012

Been to Waters Edge Motel? Share your experiences!