“Unexpected Home in the Ozarks” 4 of 5 stars

Country Hearth Inn & Suites Fulton
556 AmeriHost Drive, I-70 and US Highway 54, Fulton, MO 65251   |
Ranked #2 of 2 hotels in Fulton
Lansing, Kansas
“Unexpected Home in the Ozarks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

We had never stayed at a Country Hearth Inn before but we were pleasantly surprised by this hotel in the middle of the Ozarks in the town of Fulton, MO. We were just looking for a decent and affordable place to stay while we were in the Columbia/Jefferson City area. Many of the hotels listed for these two cities were at a higher cost than we could afford or else had some bad reviews. I took a chance on this hotel in Fulton and it paid for the little extra drive we had to make (it is 20 miles from Jefferson City and 25 miles from Columbia). I won’t tell you what we paid for the room but we have not paid that low of a rate for decades.
The whole hotel is non-smoking and you can get either a king bed or double queens. The room is a nice size and we didn’t feel cramped at all. It had a microwave, frig, and safe that came with the room. The 25” TV with cable was more than adequate for our needs. The king-size bed was great for sleeping the only problem being was that we slept so hard we had weird dreams. We were on the highway side of the hotel and so we got some road noise but it was minimal at night since Highway 54 is not used much at night. Otherwise, the room was spooky quiet. There was no sound except that of our own breathing. The shower was great (which is always important to us when traveling). The room was clean and except for our recliner not working real well in great shape. The staff was very helpful. We normally like extra pillows so we can sit up in bed and watch TV so I asked for two extra pillows when we checked in. The young man at the front desk didn’t question me at all and took me to the laundry area and gave me the pillows. When we got to the room we found we already had five pillows on the bed. We didn’t have the continental breakfast but it was adequate for a quick bite on the way out, if someone wanted something.
If you are looking for a clean, safe and quiet place for a night or two, this hotel will fill the bill. The only reason we didn’t give it five circles was that there are no eating place close by. You have to drive about a mile into Fulton to find food places. However, there is a nice convenience store/ gas station next door. It was a perfect home away from home and we will be going back to this hotel again.

Room Tip: Get a room on the non-highway side. Also, it is two story so if you don't do stairs ask for a r...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

31 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Stockbridge, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

The staff was very professional, and extremely helpful. The room was very clean and well maintained. Breakfast was was well stocked and a much larger selection than what was anticipated. The only thing that could have been improved on was that we would have liked a firmer mattress.

Room Tip: Personally we prefer 1st floor rooms. The only place I would try to stay away from is room too close...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

Room had all the needed amenities BUT property run down.
Beds were VERY CHEAP quality and linens had holes and DISGUSTING. Good location and potential but some $$ needs to be spent to bring up to acceptable quality.

Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
FULTONHOST556, General Manager at Country Hearth Inn & Suites Fulton, responded to this review, September 4, 2011
we had no complints about our beds.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011 via mobile

Over the past 4 years, we've stayed at County Inn many times. Quality dropped consistently through the years. Our last stay began 8/2/11 with my young daughter & disabled mother. We were planning to stay through 8/7/11 but left on 8/4/11 because IT WAS HORRIFIC!
FIRST ROOM (112) smelled like vomit & mildew. The clerk said "No one has complained about an odor in that room, it's never had problems before". Begrudgingly gave us new room.
SECOND ROOM (104) Toilet first stopped up @ 9pm. The clerk (James) told me "that room never has had problems before" but didn't seem surprised & offered plunger to me to fix it myself! But he did come down & fix it.
FIX IT YOURSELF The toilet again stopped up and overflowed at 12:40am; the night clerk told me "that room never has had problems before". He was unwilling to come clean or fix the toilet & gave the plunger to me! When I told him that plunging my own toilet in a room I had paid for was ridiculous, he told me there were no rooms available to move.
STUCK UNTIL MORNING My young daughter & disable mother were now back to sleep so moving wasn't a realistic option. Although it was ridiculous, I assumed it wouldn't take long, so I took the plunger to fix the toilet in their motel. I stated I wanted a new room in the morning & the night to comped for their unwillingness to accomodate us in this situation. The clerk didn't look disturbed, was still unwilling to help, & told me to talk to mgr in morning. I worked on the toilet until after 2am. When I then went to the desk and asked they were unwilling to give me cleaning supplies: "not for guests". I explained there were feces all over me and the bathroom & that I was no longer a guest, I was an employee & deserved compensation. They finally offered supplies, but nothing very strong. I had to fight to get a cupful of bleach to help clean & sanitize myself & bathroom. I cleaned the bathroom thoroughly and then took the towels to be washed & get new. The clerk acted unwilling to give me new- asking how many I had used that day! Unbelievable! I again asked for a new room & for a discount on the night. I was told to talk to mgr in morning. After showering, I went to bed at 3:45am.
UNWILLING TO ACCOMODATE At 8am I went to the front desk& asked to speak to mgr. Mgr (Sam) called at 9:25 & said he had msg to call me. He claimed he hadn't heard of the situation or anything wrong with room. When I explained the situation he offered a new room but any comp has to be made by Gen Mgr. I told Sam to call him immediately; was told he rarely came in, picked up his phone or returned msg. But, he was certain that I wouldn't receive anything because "slight maintenance problems" occur in motels! I stated that a toilet stopping up & overflowing, & guest having to clean & do their own maintenance were unacceptable practices- not "slight problems"!
DISRESPECT Sam's comments highlight Country Inn's disrespect & disregard for their guests. They were unwilling to recognize severe problems, to accept any responsibility, or to try to fix them. They minimized our situation & what I was asked in my own room. Because they were unwilling to make any discount of the previous night's room (& I never heard from the GM), we went to the Holiday Inn down the road. $15 more but much nicer.
DISREGARD FOR CUSTOMERS The situation is disappointing because we loved our little motel that was less than a mile from my sister's house, but the problems are very serious. If they act with such disregard about this situation, how would they respond to security or other problems? I am notifying Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Facebook, the Chamber of Commerce, Better Business Bureau, & anyone else who can help spread the word about this motel. STAY AWAY!

• Stayed July 2011
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2010 via mobile

I recently just stayed at the Country Hearth Inn & Suites in Fulton, Mo. By my surprise, it was actually very nice and I had a marvelous stay. The front desk manager, who I believe she said her name was Meredith, was so extremely nice and professional to my family and I. She gave us great directions to the top places to eat in Fulton, and she always had a smile on her face and had a very fun and bubbly personality. In addition to great staff, the room was very nice and the beds were very comfortable, it was our home away from home. The hotel is located in a very convenient spot. The pool and hot tub are well maintained and added the icing to the cake to our experience. I would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone that wants to have an enjoyable and non stressful experience. TWO THUMBS UP!

• Stayed July 2011
springfield mo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2010

I was a little iffy at first because I read some bad reviews, but upon staying there had a very wonderful experience. The hotel clerk remembered me when from booking the room the night before. The maids said hello in the halls. The Heater/AC worked wonderfully. In room mini fridge. Big TV. Sink out side of the bathroom is convenient for multiple guest getting ready in the morning.
The bed was a nice median between firm and soft, so my fiance and i both slept well
The breakfast was a bit slim, with only two chairs and no table near the food. there were a few table on the other side of the lobby however. There is a pool but we did not get the chance to swim.
It was very close to westminster and william woods
Great access to the parking lot.
Breakfast was to be desired, but other than that we had a wonderful stay.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2010

This Country Hearth in Fulton Missouri was an unexpected treat. It's a little run down and could use some improvements, such as new carpeting, but my room was clean and the bed very comfortable. The staff at the front desk was very sweet and helpful. She gave me pointers on areas of local interest, good places to eat, etc. She even gave me coupons to the Huddle House restaurant just up the street! My kids and I loved the pool and hot tub. All in all, a wonderful stay.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family

Been to Country Hearth Inn & Suites Fulton? Share your experiences!