“A Fine Choice for Lunch While Shopping” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Cardwell's At The Plaza is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 8 restaurants in Frontenac
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean, Vegetarian, Californian
Good for: Families with children, Doing business, Outdoor seating, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Clayton Road
Kennett, Missouri
“A Fine Choice for Lunch While Shopping”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

My wife was shopping at Frontenac Plaza, and at about 11:30 AM when I got hungry, I suggested we try Cardwell's Restaurant which is located adjacent to Neiman Marcus in the mall. We did not have to wait for a table. My wife tried the veggie burger, and I got the salmon special. I also tried a glass of their Pinot Noir. The salmon was fantastic; my wife said the veggie burger was a little too dry for her; and the Pinot Noir could've been chilled to cellar temperature but was not. The service was excellent. I'm sure that we will eat at this restaurant again primarily because of the delicious fish which was very fresh and tasty. They do not have any draft beer.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

92% Recommend
St. Louis
“Delicious food and great service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

Cardwell's has been and continues to be our favorite restaurant in St. Louis to celebrate birthdays. The food is consistently delicious and the service was perfectly attentive. I ordered the Thai seafood bowl. The spicing was delicate and delicious. The seafood was all very fresh. My husband ordered the beef short ribs and he found them to be equally delicious.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Great food and service as well”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

We so enjoyed our lunch at this restaurant. I ordered their special of the day which was a fried oyster sandwich with coleslaw for $14.00. The four large oysters had little batter and were delicious. A twist to this sandwich was Boar's Head bacon which really added flavor. I didn't care for the spices in the coleslaw. We also ordered the calamari appetizer for $12 and it had light batter. My daughter enjoyed her crab cakes and thought they were flavorful. We had great service. The restaurant was almost full on a Saturday noon. I would definitely return.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Spotty service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

The food has always been good and fresh. However, this time around, the salad was wilted and had to have been pre-made and stored on the salad plate in the refrigerator. The service wasn't the best and the coffee barely warm. While the menu offers very different items, more often than not, they tend to be the same specials. Not nearly as good as it once was and probably living off its past. Love the atmosphere and the bar.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Rolla, Missouri
“Favorite place ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

We went and had the mid day menu. It didn't seem to be a very inspired menu, but every item we ordered was excellent.
We had a Mediterranean platter for a starter that was very good and filling. I had a veggie sandwich that I didn't I ten to finish but did because it was very good. My wife had stir fry and magical macaroni and cheese. There was nothing to dismiss about the experience. We look forward to going back!