“Very nice surprise at this relatively new eatery” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Indiana
“Very nice surprise at this relatively new eatery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

We decided last minute to try Bricktop's. We had only eaten at one of their restaurants once before. It was in Naples FL and had been a pleasant experience. Bricktop's Frontenac was a very nice surprise. We were told 45 minutes to get a table and almost left. If it took that long I would be surprised as the time passed quickly. An new jukebox with old tunes in the bar was a pleasant surprise. The bar staff was very friendly and accomodating. I know it sounds crazy but try the deviled eggs and sugared bacon appetizer. It is wonderful. Price points on bottles of wine are very reasonable. They have a wide array of selections on their menu and all four of us were very pleased. Our waitress was a very charming 21 year old that made our evening charming. Oh, and the Cinderella mashed potatos are to die for.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Nice atmosphere great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

I've been here a few times and have never been dissapointed. I love the meatloaf! Great staff and clean restaurant.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Overrated ... Give it time to fail.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

While the restaurant has potential, the service is, to be generous, the caliber of a fast food restaurant. They appear to hire anyone regardless of experience and then cut them loose without training. Crazy for a restaurant with this price point and in it's neighborhood. Food, wine, ambiance, all suffer as a result.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“What's the draw?!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

I've been to this place twice and I'm baffled as to why it's crowded. The last time I went I spent $46 for lunch for two--a salmon caesar salad, a french dip sandwich and one ice tea.

The salmon salad was an insult. A few shakes of (probably fake) parmesan cheese, a very small piece of salmon with greens that had to have come out of a bag.

Normally I wouldn't write a negative, but I was really incensed at the bill.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
St. Louis, Mo
“Very Good - Nice Addition to St. Louis”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

I don't usually review local spots but this place has proved very consistant and the staff is very friendly and more than competent - so decided to break from tradition. Also, perhaps it's because I'm seeing so many 'less than wonderful' reviews and I just don't agree. St. Louis needs more great spots and I don't like to see bad reviews stifelling that. First let me comment on what some have said about the prices: Look - you're in Frontenac. Frontenac is an upscale area with Saks and NeimanMarcus literally in walking distance. Not to mention other expensive venues. If you're going to complain about prices (of anything - be it a meal or a shirt) you probably don't want to visit one of the most upscale areas of any given city. Right? Secondly (and most importantly) is the food served. We have never had anything here that wasn't very tasty, well prepared and well presented (the last being a biggie for me). The atmosphere is fun, upscale, high energy. The staff always goes out of their way. My son is a very handsome, severely autistic young dude and they always are very sweet to him and recognize him when we come in. Here's my only big complaint: THE NOISE. The acoustics are BAD. The music is too loud and they must not have any acoustic tiles/ barriers - whatever. This is a real turn-off for me but it's not as bad if you sit in one of the bar-booths which are very lovely. But in the main restaurant -NotGreat. I wish they'd improve it. Anyway, the decor is very good i.e. upscale, modern, comfortable. All good, except the noise.

• Visited July 2012