“clean, spacious” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton St. Louis Frontenac

Save Saved
You added Hilton St. Louis Frontenac to your Saves list
Hilton St. Louis Frontenac
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1335 S Lindbergh Blvd, Frontenac, Saint Louis, MO 63131   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Romance for Two
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Frontenac
Savoy, Illinois
“clean, spacious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

This hotel has large rooms that are clean and well appointed. The location is in a nice neighborhood with some very nice restaurants nearby. The front desk staff is always friendly and helpful. The in-house restaurant and bar is o.k. with very nice staff. Accommodations for people with physical disabilities is excellent.

Room Tip: This hotel is large. You should specify first floor if being close to the desk is important to you.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
St. Louis, MO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Spent one night at the Hilton Frontenac for a conference we were attending. I was happy it was a Hilton property as I am a Hilton Honors member and typically believe their properties are very nice. I was not impressed with the hotel room at all. As grand as the hotel looks from the exterior, it sort of ended there. We must have been in an older section of the hotel. When you opened the door into the hotel room, the door almost hit the bed it was such a tight fit…and that is not an exaggeration. The bathroom door literally hit the front of the toilet and we had to force it by the toilet to get it to open all the way up. The ottoman had some stains on it and the carpet was beginning to look worn. I was happy we were not spending much time in our room. If I needed to stay in Frontenac it is not a horrible hotel, just does not meet up to the Hilton name. It was a little disappointing being a Hilton Honors member and getting such a bad room. From the others in our conference we spoke with, our room was definitely the smaller and older of the rooms. On a positive note, the bed and pillows were comfortable and the staff were friendly. Also, with this hotel being in Frontenac, it had a great location to Frontenac Plaza and restaurants.

Room Tip: Make sure you are not in the 2240 section, this was the smallest rooms from what we heard.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Arvada, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

This was a very well kept facility. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. This is one of the best Hilton Hotels hands down I have stayed at! Bar\restaurant menus and staff were great with a good variety and healthy choices. Sunday brunch was the best with all the selections-health and otherwise.
Since I try to stay healthy when traveling, I visit the gym. All equipment worked, was in good condition, and had ample room to do any type of exercise(s) wanted. I can not say this for a majority of locations I've visited in the past 7 years.

Room Tip: Sunday brunch is a must.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

A 1960 throwback...wide halls, worn carpet, threadbare linens and dingy dark rooms. A fitness center with poorly maintained equipment. For the cost of a room here you could have a clean, new room with decent linens elsewhere.

The physical layout is unfortunately a maze of dank hallways, filthy windows and to make it worse they have two buildings to negotiate meaning you spend time outside in generally bad weather attempting to get back and forth.

Stay away from this hotel.....on the positive side..the staff is very good, they try had but have a poor property to deal with!

Room Tip: Get room in main building so you don't have to go outside!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
alsedlacek, General Manager at Hilton St. Louis Frontenac, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit. We certainly apologize for the less than satisfactory visit you experienced. We are currently undergoing a renovation to address some of the areas and hope that this did not detract from your visit but will allow us the opportunity to serve you again in the future. I want to thank you for recognizing our staff and their service levels. I have contacted the appropriate departments concerning the areas you mentioned and I can assure you that the items discussed are not typical of our property or servcie levels provided.
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I will first echo other reviewers by saying the hotel is very attractive and clean, and the front desk staff is friendly and efficient. My surprise delight, however, is the quality of the in-room dining experience. We ordered two appetizers that were absolutely delicious. I'm a foodie and don't ever have high expectations for chain hotel room service, but we were crunched for time and ordered. The dishes were presented like main courses, with vegetables, nice hot rolls, and even a couple of chocolates. But what was truly delightful was the quality of the construction, if you will, of the dishes. Favors melded beautifully. Tomorrow night we had planned to try one of the local eateries, but I am having serious second thoughts! So, if you find yourself at the Hilton Frontenac soon, consider in-room dining; I don't expect the chef to be here too long - some restauranteur is sure to hire him or her away. (By the way, I'm used to big-city prices, so I found the price point reasonable, especially for the quality.)

Albany, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

This is a very nice hotel in the Frontenac area of St. Louis. The rooms and conference rooms were well appointed and the bed was very comfortable. I stayed during a snow/ice storm and the parking garage was a life-saver. My only complaint about the hotel was that it was very spread out and consists of many buildings over a large complex. There was no indoor connection between the buildings and as a result a visit to the lobby required a very heavy jacket. Overall my stay was very pleasant and I will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the lobby.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Arlington, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed here for a wedding weekend and had a great experience. The rooms were nice, a good size, clean, and the beds were pretty comfortable. Hotel staff was responsive to our requests. The on-site pub/restaurant was pretty standard hotel fare and overpriced, but it was convenient. A hotel shuttle is available to take you to the airport and, other obligations permitting, they will also take you anywhere within a few miles' radius. Front desk staff was also very accommodating when I got sick and we had to extend our stay by a day.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton St. Louis Frontenac? Share your experiences!