“The Provinces Restaurant” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton St. Louis Frontenac

You added Hilton St. Louis Frontenac to your Saves list
Hilton St. Louis Frontenac
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1335 S Lindbergh Blvd, Frontenac, Saint Louis, MO 63131   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Romance for Two
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Frontenac
Springfield, Missouri
“The Provinces Restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

We did not stay at the hotel so I can't tell you about that. We did eat Sunday brunch at the hotel's restaurant on veterans day. Let me start positive by saying that the food was delicious. They had a small salad bar, smoked salmon, shrimp, eggs Benedict, a carving station, breakfast and lunch items, and desserts. Was it worth $28 per person? Probably not. I may feel different about that had the service been good. This was the absolute WORST service we have ever had. We waited close to 10 minutes just to get a server to acknowledge us. I had to go find the host just to get someone to come to get our drinks. Then she didn't keep our drinks filled. We had to continually wait on her to get water or juice. Mind you, this is a buffet and they weren't busy at all. Then she dropped the check off fairly early and we couldn't find her again. I had to go back to the host stand after waiting 15 minutes just to pay the bill. She wasn't a bit apologetic. When you're paying $60 for two people to eat I expect excellence. After being raised in the restaurant business I have it instilled in me to always tip above the norm. My husband and I were so appalled by the service I didn't tip. First time in my life. Very disappointed and will not go back.

• Stayed November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Walnut Creek, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

This is a decent Hilton property, the rooms are large and clean. There are two issues that I have had there, one, the service can be a little slow and getting them put me into rooms that fit my profile with Hilton have been impossible and there is great hesitation at the front desk to accomodate. The upside of this property is great parking, wonderful location and the staff is pleasant if not efficent

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

The hotel itself is nice and well-kept. The people at the front desk, however, were not only unhelpful, but actually actively foiled my attempts to get where I was going. Long story short, they told me how to book a ride on the shuttle, I did everything they said and checked in with them twice to guarantee that I was booked and would get where I needed to be (I was being polite throughout, but persistent because I had a feeling that something strange was up). At the appointed time, 4pm, the driver of the shuttle told me he had not been informed that he would be driving me. I checked again with the staff at the desk and they said "oh yeah, we had to cancel your ride." That was it. No explanation. No apology. No nothing. So I hitch-hiked to the wedding I was attending. Their behavior was so strange that I would almost believe that they were under the thumb of an oppressive manager or something like that. They looked harried, tired, even a little afraid. Very strange. The next day at check out the same gentleman at the desk asked how everything was and I said fine, except for this experience. He tried to blame it on me by saying I had probably not called earlier enough. That was not true, but I was tired of the whole thing so I just left. So, nice environment, but terribly unreliable and bizzarre service.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
springfield, mo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

The staff was exceptionally helpful, especially reservations, and front desk.It is a good safe environment with restaurant and bar most convenient. It is quite convenient to Plaza Frontenac mall. Parking is extremely good.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Having stayed at a wonderfully renovated older Hilton property last weekend, the contrast between it and the Frontenac location is like night and day. The stay began with checkin by a lackluster dull personality kid at the front desk. The hotel property is old and sagging and in dire need of a facelift. While there is a stately graciousness to the general architecture & the rooms are very spacious, they are noisy and desperately in need of new linens and draperies. The settee had huge stains on it as did the curtains. The hairdryer shelf in the bathroom was full of dust. I chose the Executive "floor" for the ease of access for nibblies and breakfast. It was pretty disappointing. Basically a room key gives you access to a room that is called the Executive Lounge. There is no specific floor of rooms that allows select people access. The snack and breakfast offerings were disappointing. Better breakfasts can be enjoyed on the Hampton properties. Would probably not stay here again until a facelift is done.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
alsedlacek, General Manager at Hilton St. Louis Frontenac, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
I appreciate your review of your recent visit at our hotel. I am very sorry you had a disappointing experience with us and you can be assured that I have addressed your concerns with the staff. Your feedback has been useful and we will monitor and improve the areas that you have brought to our attention. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to serving you on your return visit to St. Louis.
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I've just returned from a 5 day conference which was held at this hotel. It was clean and comfortable and located within walking distance of shopping and restaurants but the most impressive thing about it was the service.The staff was friendly, efficient and met all our many demands with smiles. Special kudos the to the food servers who dealt with large tables of people with good humor and our requests for separate checks without blinking an eye. One even remembered what we had ordered for breakfast the day before and how we liked our eggs.
This hotel went above and beyond to provide a great business meeting. Definitely recommended.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
alsedlacek, General Manager at Hilton St. Louis Frontenac, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit to our property. We truly enjoyed having your conference at the Hilton Frontenac and certainly appreciate the time taken to recognize our staff. We strive to make every experience a positive one and I am glad that the service levels that they provided to you and your group were memorable.
San Diego, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We were just passing through and needed a place to stay. First off, if you are coming through, make sure you stay somewhere in West St. Louis, MO side of the river. The hotel is a bit of an odd setup, it's obviously a very old building, but it is in good shape. I can't tell if the hotel needs a major makeover or touchup. Some things look dated, but everything is still clean and in very good condition. There's a bar & restaurant there too. Also, breakfast was very good. We had no issues staying here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton St. Louis Frontenac? Share your experiences!