“It's an old hotel, lots of charm, big rooms” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton St. Louis Frontenac

You added Hilton St. Louis Frontenac to your Saves list
Hilton St. Louis Frontenac
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1335 S Lindbergh Blvd, Frontenac, Saint Louis, MO 63131   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Romance for Two
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Frontenac
San Diego, CA
“It's an old hotel, lots of charm, big rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We were just passing through and needed a place to stay. First off, if you are coming through, make sure you stay somewhere in West St. Louis, MO side of the river. The hotel is a bit of an odd setup, it's obviously a very old building, but it is in good shape. I can't tell if the hotel needs a major makeover or touchup. Some things look dated, but everything is still clean and in very good condition. There's a bar & restaurant there too. Also, breakfast was very good. We had no issues staying here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Newport Beach, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I flew in for a business meeting and had a pleasant stay. The staff was warm and courteous. The room was clean and well-appointed. The room service breakfast was pretty greasy but that might just be a normal occurrence. (I prefer light healthy fare). Great value. I would stay here again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
alsedlacek, General Manager at Hilton St. Louis Frontenac, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thank you for your positive comments regarding our staff and room appointments. As you mentioned that you prefer a lighter fair for your breakfast, I wanted to ensure you were aware that all meals can be made with healhy choice options. I must apologize if you were not offered to substitute a certain item for a freshly made low calorie bran muffin or fresh fruit.
We appreciate your comments and certainly look forward to serving you again on your next visit to St. louis.
Ardmore, Oklahoma, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

My husband and I have been staying here for the last 3 days for a combination business/honeymoon trip and I have got to say it is a beautiful hotel.

The room: is nice sized and has a very open feel to it, though personally, the color scheme is kind of bland. The bed is a lot softer then what I am used to but it is comfortable. The bathtub/shower is kind of short and the water pressure sucks.

The Staff: I have nothing but nice things to say about the staff I have come across. The women that cleaned our room was very sweet, the desk clerks were all very helpful in answering our questions. The staff for the restaurants are also very kind, the gentlemen that waited on us last night was very flamboyant and always had a smile on his face, I was feeling sick and had to leave and the man sent up soup and crackers with my husband. I was just floored about that and sincerely grateful for the generosity.

Room service: The food is great but it is expensive for the portions you get. A small glass of juice was nearly 4 dollars.

Location: The hotel is about 30 minutes away from anything someone may want to see while in St Louis and there are several restaurants that are in walking distance if they feel like eating somewhere other then in the restaurants in the hotel.

All in all we have loved our stay so far.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
alsedlacek, General Manager at Hilton St. Louis Frontenac, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Thank you for your positive comments regarding your recent visit and your kind words regarding the service provided by our staff and the gesture of our server in the restaurant. I will ensure he is made aware of the impression he left on you for his "wow" moment. Because of your comments we have also replaced the shower head in your room to help with the pressure. We certainly wish we could have done it while you were on property. Thank you again for your comments and I hope we have the opportunity to celebrate your one year anniversary and make it another fond memory.
Clayton, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Love this area to stay in as it's a short drive downtown. Very nice area of St. Louis to stay in & has a very nice mall right across the street. The staff are friendly and accommodating. The hotel rooms however are in need of some upgrades. The last time we stayed the pull out couch was stained terribly and was sagging so bad it hurt our backs after sitting on the couch. Carpets can also be changed as they are dirty looking. We always stay in the suites and enjoy the indoor courtyard for family functions. The pool is small and right near the street but "will do" .

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
alsedlacek, General Manager at Hilton St. Louis Frontenac, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
We appreciate your feedback and I am pleased to hear that our staff was friendly and accomodating and that we are your place of choice while staying in the St. Louis area. I'm very sorry you were unhappy with some amenities in your guest room. We are planning to update and replace the couches in our upcoming renovation plans and will ensure housekeeping is made aware of your carpet comments so they can take care of this area. Your feedback is incredibly important to us and we are taking your comments into consideration as we improve our on-property experience.
We look forward to serving you on your next visit to St. Louis.
socal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Stayed for 3 nights while in St. Louis for a wedding. The location is perfect for activities in suburban St. Louis and the hotel is immaculate. Got a king room this time which was smaller than the 2-queen rooms we've had in the past but still nice. The restaurant was great for breakfast and there is food available in the bar when the restaurant is closed. I will definitely return!

Room Tip: 2-bed rooms are larger than king rooms. You can upgrade for $10.00 which includes the concierge roo...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Saint Paul, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

This is an odd place. It's been here forever, it seems, and is a sort of "old standby" as a place to stay and hold events in this area. On the other hand, the layout is odd and the rooms really aren't anything special. I've stayed here a number of times over the years, but only because the location makes it a decent place to hold events. Otherwise, I'd never consider staying the night here.

On top of that, there's a certain rigidity and negativity about this place. The only people my group encountered here who DIDN'T immediately respond to a question or request with some variation of the word "no" were the bellmen/van drivers. They were great. On the other hand, the front desk people must go through weeks of training about how to say "no" in 1,500 different ways before they let them work there. It practically came across as a reflexive response to any question.

On this trip, it started with the check-in person giving me quite a lot of attitude because THEY had misspelled my first name. She seemed to be accusing me of "faking" a reservation. I won't go into all the rest of the details, but there were also issues in trying to retrieve boxes that our group had shipped to the hotel for our event. When asked if we could get a shuttle to a restaurant 2.5 miles away, the front desk responded, "Well, that's outside of our normal perimeter range, but maybe we could do it" (c'mon... the airport's considerably farther than 2.5 miles and the van driver told us this restaurant was "really close" and he'd be happy to take us!).

When asked if a small fridge could be brought to a room (something that the van driver told us was possible), the conversation went like this:
Front Desk: "Sorry, only the suites have refrigerators."
Me: "Yes, but I'm in a suite."
Front Desk: "Oh, well the suites in the old building don't have them for electrical reasons."
Me: "Yes, but is it possible to have one brought to the room just for one day?"
Front Desk: "Well, we only have a few and they're probably all being used."
Me: "Well, would you mind checking just in case one might be available."
Front Desk: (after a wait) "Yes, we can have one brought to your suite."

The final thing that showed the rigidity that comes across as a real lack of customer service... we had a group of 8 of us who were holding a meeting until 10:00 a.m. and needed to go to the airport at 10:30 to catch a flight. Despite that fact that our group of 8 would fill a van, they were unwilling to go at 10:30 ("sorry, we're only allowed to go to the airport ON the hour, so it will have to be 11:00"). REALLY?! 11:00 put us on a tight schedule for catching our flight. And this is for a group that probably spent something like $5,000 on catering and rooms here in an 18-hour period.

All this sort of gives one the strong impression that they neither want nor need our business and I'll actually be pretty happy to take it elsewhere. Time to dump this one, Hilton!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
alsedlacek, General Manager at Hilton St. Louis Frontenac, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your previous visit. I certainly must apologize for the lack of service you described as we did not meet your expectations on this occasion.
As this is not typical of the service we are known for your comments and observations will be discussed with the appropriate team members for review and proper communication.
Regarding refrigerator requests and shuttle availability we do all we can to accomodate specific needs and I must apologize that were not able to accomodate yours in this case and did not show the proper amount of flexibiltiy with helping you with your transportation.
Roscoe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

My wife and I lived in St. Louis approximately 20 years ago, and it is our favorite non-resort area to spend a few days at. I don't know how I had never chosen the Hilton Frontenac to stay at before, but it will be my only choice from now on. The hotel is first class, the staff is awesome in taking care of every need, and the area is great for walking to fine shopping and dining (but do try out the in hotel restaurant, Provinces. The bison burger is one of the best I have had). All of the reviews that indicate the "inconvenience" or "quirkiness" of the multiple building layout could state it differently: Stateliness, grand, charming, character. Those are all words I would use to describe the Hilton Frontenac.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton St. Louis Frontenac? Share your experiences!