“Is now a favorite.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Fenton
Iowa
“Is now a favorite.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We enjoyed this stay. Sorry :( no happy hour when we stayed but it was clean with a nice pool too. Breakfast was good and best of all, I didn't smell animals or cigarette smoke which is why I didn't stay at a certain hotel the night before, I have a very sensitive nose. I also enjoyed that it was quiet for restful sleep. The beds and pillows were nice also.

Room Tip: I don't think a person would find a bad room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Drury Inns are my favorite place to stay!!! Great breakfast, great happy hour. This one was pet friendly giving us a first floor room. Great employees, comfortable, clean - everything and more in a motel!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
southern Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

We spent Memorial Day weekend in St. Louis with our children. We chose the Drury Inn & Suites in Fenton, as it was centrally located to the attractions we visited. The hotel is about 20 minutes west of downtown St. Louis. The hotel provides a free hot breakfast as well as free food at 5:30 each night. The food they offered changed each night but it was always hot and always something our three kids would like. They had nachos, hotdogs, chicken strips, etc. They even offer three adult beverages per night. While they didn't have an extensive bar, it was pretty good for free drinks! The only complaint I have is regarding the elevators. The elevators were soo slow! The There was an indoor and outdoor pool that connected as well as a hot tub. When we booked, we wanted a non-smoking room but they were all full. I went ahead and got a smoking room and asked if anything had opened up the day we arrived. It didn't, but the manager asked the cleaning staff to go up to our room and deodorize it the best she could. Since it was our issue and not theirs, I thought that was really nice of her. I also had to do laundry at some point and when I went to the front desk to get change for the soap dispenser, the clerk gave me a box of soap free. It may not seem like a big thing, but I thought they really went out of their way to help. To top it off, we left behind our pillow. I called and asked if I could send a check to have them mail me the pillowcase and they offered to mail the entire pillow back at no extra cost. I can't say enough about the service!!

Room Tip: Select a lower level room as there is only one main elevator and it is really slow.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Hampshire, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

We’ve been staying at Drury Inns for about ten years without writing a review. Here’s what my wife said: “If everybody knows how good Drury is we’ll never be able to book a room!”

We travel to Missouri a lot, it's my wife’s home state and where Drury is headquartered. Drury Inns are now found in 20 states but we often travel to areas without one, as I do speaking tours. We recently drove non-stop for 600 miles in a day, past hundreds of hotels in three states, just to get to a Drury. That was Drury Inn and Suites at Fenton, MO, on the St. Louis outskirts.

This was a first at this inn, but we felt at home as the staff are so good, helpful and competent. The dramatic difference between the family-owned Drury and the big, anonymous chains is that the staff are bright-eyed and clearly encouraged to use their initiative. This was a policy that always worked well when I ran offices. Hire good staff, make sure they know what they are doing and turn them loose.

We are staying for 18 days and feel relaxed because the room is spacious, furnished with solid, practical, comfortable beds and furniture and has everything in it, including a refrigerator and microwave. Because we are on the road a lot, driving 25,000 miles across North America in the past five years, we cannot always eat out, so the facility to store things like cheese and milk is welcome.

Not that you need to eat out much as a Drury guest. Their breakfasts start your day with a real treat: scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, beef patties and some great salsa sauce. I follow this up with something no other hotel provides, as far as I know: real freshly cooked oatmeal. This is important to me as I am on a low carb, no sugar diet and oatmeal is the ideal food.

Other Drury Inns have provided oatmeal packets for you to make on our past visits, but at Fenton you get the real thing. To say that I am pleased is an understatement. Other hotel chains, please look and learn.

In the evening it’s time for another treat. The Drury provides evening food which is much more than a snack: items like meatballs and spaghetti, hotdogs, chicken, baked potatoes, macaroni cheese and so on. Popcorn is always on the go and you can always get good coffee, regular and decaf. They even throw in three alcoholic drinks if you want them. Show me another hotel that does this!

As my wife and I need to be regularly in touch with Europe and The Middle East for family and business reasons internet connection is vital. Wireless internet is free and pretty good, although not as reliable as what they used to provide: wired internet. I find the wireless a bit patchy and occasionally lose connections.

Local calls and one hour of long distance calls a day are free at Drury Inns, which we love. I hate it in hotels when you pick up the phone tariff and find they have the cheek to charge for everything.

All this costs a lot, right? Not at all. The deal we are on costs $80.99 per day: $92.88 with taxes. I have Drury Gold Key Club membership which provides various good deals. We were telling our St. Louis relatives how good Drury is at a family gathering last night. They guessed at a room rate over twice what we are paying.

I looked up the Drury website and found that CEO Chuck Drury says: “We build, own and operate all our own hotels.” That’s why the Drury chain, now 130 strong, has won the J.D. Power and Associates’ top award for “highest in guest satisfaction” for mid-scale, limited service hotels for seven consecutive years.

I hope the Drury family never sell out, as there are already too many of the anonymous, formula chains which are really not up to the mark. Having re-read my article it reads almost like I am a family member-regrettably not: I have no connection with this or any other hotel chain. We are just regular travellers and know value and quality when we find it.

Room Tip: I have yet to have a bad room at a Drury Inn.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
New Albany, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

This hotel is great, we'd stay here again in a heart beat. The staff is great and was extremely helpful and gave great tips and idea's. They gave us advice on the restraunts ,bakery and things to do!!! My wife and I we're very pleased!!

Madison, MS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

When traveling with just my hubby or on a girl's trips, I tend to stay at higher end hotels, but the Drury is great for affordable and nice family stays. I love all of the extras that are indeed included with a Drury stay. The location of this hotel was good for what we needed, in between downtown St. Louis and Six Flags. We checked in late, at almost 11 pm, and recieved the connecting rooms that we requested. The rooms were clean and updated and had the microwave and fridge. The fridge worked well and kept our items cold (better than the fridge in the much more expensive Chase Park Plaza in downtown St. Louis). We enjoyed the free WiFi and the indoor pool. The breakfast was great for my kids; everyone loves waffles. I love that they had sugar free syrup and fresh fruit. My daughter and I had the late afternoon hot meal one evening. It wasn't super delicious but it was free and we didn't have to leave the hotel in search of a meal. I had the salad and soup which were okay, while my daughter had the chicken tenders and macaroni and cheese. Everyone we met was very friendly, especially the woman who ran the breakfast. Also, we got a great internet rate for the rooms, which made the whole experience even better!

Hudsonville, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Good hotel if you are just passing through -- I would not want to walk around in this sketchy neighborhood. The breakfast was the highlight -- cooked oatmeal the way grandma used to make it!! Excellent. Rates were fine because we used the flyer from a gas station, hoteldeals or something like that -- pick up one of those flyers when you gas up! The rates were better than AAA, and that was nice. We could just walk in with the coupon -- no reservation required.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Drury Inn & Suites Fenton-St. Louis? Share your experiences!