“I-44 Travel in St. Louis” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Fenton
Missouri
“I-44 Travel in St. Louis”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

This motel is convenient for many areas in the St. Louis metro and southwest area of St. Louis. The staff is very friendly and accomadating. It is not the easiest motel to figure out how to get into. They have a very limited fitness room and I am not impressed that you are on display to everyone in the front desk/lobby area when you are trying to walk off a few pounds. The rooms are very big and spacious and they have over 200 tv channels. The furniture is outdated and starting to come apart in the room I had. A comfortable office type chair would be nice to work at the desk. My biggest disapointment with this motel is the water pressure, it is pitiful trying to take a shower.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Nightlite, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fenton, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thank you for your candid response to our hotel. Since the time of your comments, we have taken measures to increase water pressure. It is significantly better than it was before. Also, we offer passes to a local gym called Riverchase that offers full athletic facilities. We have left the clear glass to the fitness center for that safety of the guests and responsiveness of our staff.

We look forward to your next trip.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Land of Pleasant Living
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We stayed the night enroute to Phoenix from the east coast. Reviews here and proximity to a friend's house narrowed our choice and we weren't disappointed. Received an upgrade as a Priority Club Platinum member and weren't disappointed. Attentive staff and clean comfortable room. Overall property appearance was fresh and clean. Would stay there again

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Nightlite, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fenton, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear cz75guy,

Thank you for your recent response to our hotel and especially for being a Platinum member with Holiday Inn Priority Club. I am happy to hear our staff was able to exceed your expectations, for your stay. We always want our guests to enjoy themselves and feel like they are family when they visit including giving our Platinum and Gold members upgrades whenever we can. Please visit again I would like to meet you on the next stay.

Allen and Staff
Lennon, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Was my first trip to St Louis, but didn't want to stay in the city. The location was excellent. Close to downtown so it was a short trip to the Arch, Botanical Gardens, Zoo and the many parks. We didn't book ahead of time so only room available was on the first floor. The property was so clean & quiet we ended up staying for 3 days. Breakfast was great even had the new pancake maker machine. The staff made it easy to extend our stay. If I visit St Louis again I would stay here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Smcabc,

Thank you for your response and being able to service your family on your trip to St. Louis. I agree with you, St. Louis has some of the greatest sights to see in a metro area. We have the best Zoo in the country, the Arch, St. Louis City Museum, the Science Center, and keep going. I think our hotel is also a great hidden treasure for the area; quiet, clean, and friendly staff.

We hope to see you again on your next trip.

Allen and Staff
Normal, IL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

My husband and I took our son to STL for a last minute trip the weekend of our anniversary. We were happy that this HIE in Fenton was relatively close to all of the activities we had planned, and we booked the honeymoon suite so that our son had a separate space (living area) to sleep and my husband and I could stay up a bit later in the bedroom or soaking in the jacuzzi tub.

However, our room wasn't ready until 4:00, when it should have been ready at 3:00. We wasted time and went back at 4 and were finally able to check in. We received a call approximately 30 second after we got into the room asking if everything was okay. I said that it seemed to be, yes.

We quickly changed clothes and went to the indoor swimming pool, which was freezing. It also had SO MUCH chlorine in it that we couldn't stay long because it was bothering all of our eyes and noses, and my fingers were cracked and looked like hardened prunes for two days afterwards.

We changed clothes again and went to dinner. By the time we got back, our son was exhausted and we got him settled on the pull out couch for bed. However, the mattress was nothing but springs and *horribly* uncomfortable. We rigged it up with extra blankets from the bedroom so it would be semi-comfortable to sleep in.

At this point, I went to the bathroom for a good soak in the tub. However, it was poorly cleaned, as there were "things" floating in the water. Luckily, we'd brought a bottle of Scrubbing Bubbles and I cleaned the tub myself. This proved futile, though, because the bathroom smelled TERRIBLY of mold. There had obviously been water damage, as I spotted mold in several places and the ceiling and walls had all sorts of patches in them. The smell made me feel physically ill and gave me a terrible headache, so I avoided the bathroom at all costs for the rest of our stay.

It was too late to move to a different room, so we sucked it up and went to bed in a very uncomfortable bed, and a bedroom that was stifilng hot, regardless of the fact that we had the a/c cranked as low as possible.

Breakfast the next morning was disgusting. When we checked out, I handed what I assume was a manager a maintenance slip and told him that the bathroom smelled terribly of mold and that it made me physically ill. He just looked at me with a blank stare. I told him he might want to get it checked out and he said, "Oh, yeah, we will." No apology, no offer to discount our room, nothing.

All-in-all, very disappointing stay and we will NOT be going back to this location.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fenton, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Dear Brooke M,

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Janice A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Hinsdale, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Found this hotel on Orbitz and got a decent rate for the king exec with in room Jacuzzi. Hotel is close to the expressway and well lit. Rooms are standard. Hotel was clean and breakfast was fine. Exactly what I expected for HI express. I would recommend it.

• Stayed September 2012
Techmom64,

Thank you for your response. I am glad that you were able to see our hotel from the highway. You're right, it is well lit around the hotel but we are a little back from the road. It is great that we were able to provide you with the service you expect.

We look forward to seeing you on the next trip.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

I stayed 2 nights at this property, originally scheduled for 3 nights. Switching the reservation during the stay was seamless, the day staff executed that change perfectly. The room was an executive king, fully clean, good bed/pillows/mattress/linens, nice room. The breakfast bar was good, hot foods, well presented and tidy. The staff were all courteous, every staff member I passed said hi and asked how my stay was going, from the counter folk to the daily cleaning staff. The only issue was the internet connection.... I was in room 310. The wireless connection level was wandering around from 70% to no connection, and sometimes when I had a good wireless connection the bandwith was down to 1 Mps.... at other times it was at 28 Mps... That was the only issue with the property, other than that, I would stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Nightlite, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fenton, responded to this review, September 16, 2012
Thank you for your recent response to our property. I will share your comments with the staff to let them know that they are "On the Ball" addressing the guests. We will look into the Internet on the 3rd floor. Sorry for the inconvenience. Next time your in town let me know and we'll get you an upgrade for the trouble.

USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Quiet, comfortable, good stay. The desk clerk was especially friendly and helpful. The entrance and exit were a little confusing at first because of a service road, but once you know your way around, it is fine. We had a very nice king suite.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Nightlite, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fenton, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Thank you for the response. We know the hotel is a little off the main street. It was the intention that putting the hotel back from the highway would keep out the noise. We are working on the signage. I am glad to hear that you liked the suite.

See you soon.

Allen

Been to Holiday Inn Express Fenton? Share your experiences!