“Best Place to Go for Brunch” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 83 Restaurants in Fenton
Cuisines: American
“Best Place to Go for Brunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

I love this place for brunch. They usually get you within 30 mins. Very quick to get refills and enjoy working there.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Punta de Mita, Mexico
“poor!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

This chain used to be so reliable!! Evidently the one located in Fenton MO didn't get the memo regarding customer service! We arrived at 1:00 after the noon rush (not too many people in the place), and waited 10 minutes for a server to come to our table. We were ready to order and did so and then waited another 20 minutes for our food to come. I ordered the fried chicken salad, which obviously had been pre-made as the chicken was cold and very sparse. The bowl was mostly just lettuce of various kinds, 1/2 an egg, a wedge of cheese. My husband had the special beef stew and was happy. So, what took so long? I could see into the kitchen and observed many servers just standing around waiting for food to come up! Our pre-made meals could have been served in 5 minutes. I also had to wait for a coffee refill. Next time we need a meal on the road we'll drive by Cracker Barrell!

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Pacific, Missouri
“almost like homemade”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I was craving meatloaf, and remembered liking what I'd had from other Cracker Barrel locations previously. My boyfriend was good enough to indulge me and my cravings.

I ordered the meatloaf dinner which came with 3 sides and bread for $8.99. The meatloaf was as delicious as I remembered and my craving was completely satisfied. My homemade meatloaf is only better because I don't use whole onions as they cause me issues (but it was worth the slight discomfort later to not have to take the time to make it at home), so that's the only thing that made this imperfect. My boyfriend also got the meatloaf dinner, and liked it, but he's very picky.

The 3 sides I chose were the dumplings, fried okra, and the new cucumber and tomato salad. The dumplings are yummy as always, but if you don't like "doughy" dumplings they wouldn't be for you. The okra was perfect in my opinion, not too heavily breaded or over fried. My boyfriend likes his fried a bit "darker", but I loved that they still had a fresh taste rather than just fried breading. The cucumber used and the grape tomatoes tasted good, but the sauce was extremely bland. So bland that it was hard to tell anything was there. As this is a new item, I figure there will be a learning curve, but there is definitely room for improvement. And of course, I had to get both the cornbread and biscuit, how to choose? My boyfriend got the corn, carrots, and mashed potatoes. He loved the carrots so much he had me try them, and they tasted a lot like brown sugar, but were well done.

It was a cool day, so we were seated near the wood burning fireplace, which was nice, but I smelled like smoke for hours which aggravated my allergies a bit, so if this is an issue for you, keep in mind the fireplace may be lit on a cool day. Overall, we had a great meal and would definitely return.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
IL
“OK - It's still the best breakfast around here..........”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We still enjoy going to Cracker Barrel for breakfast occasionally. We still think it is the best breakfast (except for my home cooking) around - they still have mild coffee. IF/WHEN they ever switch to the dark, bitter brew everyone else has - that's when we stop eating breakfast at Cracker Barrel.

We typically order a Mama's Pancake Breakfast with cherries on the side and a couple of extra eggs and share the rest. It is plenty of food for anyone.

We also enjoy sharing their catfish dinner and they are very good about bringing an extra place and allowing us to have one portion grilled and one deep fried. Again, it is plenty of food to share. You get 3 sides with the dinner plus biscuits and/or cornbread. We have noticed that the biscuits are not as large, light and fluffy as they used to be and often the cornbread is a small hockey puck. Hmmmmmm. Not so good.

All in all, we still think Cracker Barrel in general and Cracker Barrel in FENTON in particular is still a good bet. But it is NOT gourmet, it is NOT low cal or low fat generally and we find most younger folks don't eat breakfast anyway so are not impressed and they prefer burgers to old fashioned home cooking. To each his own. We eat healthier at home - but it is nice to be waited on once in a while. Wait staff is attentive and we have never had to wait long to check out. Take a DEEP BREATH folks. Relax.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Olathe, Kansas
“Took my mom there - it was yuk”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

If you like kitch and huge portions of fattening food - this is your place. only one person at the check out station and about 10 billion pounds of crap to buy. Mom wanted to go for the memories, but this is just white castle for breakfast as far as I am concerned. I don't do pancakes or fried buscuits or whatever they call it with the floured water on top. Don't waste your time.

• Visited December 2012