“nothing negative to say 9” 4 of 5 stars

Tradition Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1625 West Columbia Street, Farmington, MO 63640   |
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Farmington
Saint Charles, Missouri
“nothing negative to say 9”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

My husband and I spent the night in this facility last week for the second time in the past year for a " winter overnight get away." On both occasions we found the staff to be friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean, nicely furnished and very quiet. My husband watched TV without difficulty. We enjoyed happy hour and 1/2 price appetizers in the attached bar early evening then went back to hear the band at 9pm. It was a cold, windy night; we enjoyed being able to dine and be entertained then walk down the hall and go to bed for the night. We will return and have recommended this hotel to others.

Room Tip: I inquired and was told all rooms have now been remodeled. last year we were on the second floor in...
Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

They have tube TV's in the room and the walls are cinder blocked. I knew this ahead of time (thanks to tripadvisor) and brought my own tv.

The first night the power went out which reset my alarm clock. Luckily, my cell phone alarm woke me. I was also assisted in being woken up at 4am by a cricket in the wall.

Day 2: That cricket started going crazy and wouldn't shut up. I had to switch rooms at 11:30pm. Thee front desk person was a little snippy with me and said that maintenance would take care of the cricket the next day at 9am.
They moved me to a poolside room that had a spotlight glaring right outside the door. It illuminated my room even with the blackout curtains drawn.

Day 3: I asked if they could turn off the light. They said they couldn't help me. By God's grace, I had a blanket with me that I was able to use to block out the light.

Day 4: I had breakfast in the Spokes Pub and Grill. The eggs were under cooked and jacked up my stomach. The amenities are poor and the helping staff seems to have no power to do anything to assist.

Lastly: Every day that I was there, I found at least 1 black beetle-like bug in the room. creepy.

Room Tip: Bring your own tv, an extra blanket for the window if you have a pool side room, and DO NOT eat ther...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Farmington hotels

1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I ask to speak with the manager, and never heard a response. Rooms out dated, thin walls. Looking to get some sleep go to the holiday inn down the road. You will get much better service. You get what you pay for. I will never step foot in this dump again.

• Stayed August 2013
Alhambra, IL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Looks can be very deceiving with this place. Looks good from the outside but once you get inside that's where everything changes! This hotel is straight out of an old '70's movie! The TV's are ancient, the carpet was stained and sticky. Spoke to the front desk clerk (Kathy) who attempted to call the manager but got no answer or return phone call. Moved me to another room but the damage had already been done. Very unprofessional on the Managers part. If this is how they run a hotel and take care of their guests its no wonder the parking lot was empty.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Fordland, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

I love this hotel and stay here when in the Farmington area. I had unusual circumstances on this trip. Staff was very accommodating in getting me a room and early check in on short notice. As always, rooms are nice, spacious, clean, and comfy; reasonably priced. Was advised that the room did not have a fridge or microwave; however, was assured these items would be placed in the room for me. Never was told there would be an extra charge. Didn’t realize until later that I had been charged $10 for each item. Absolutely ridiculous! I sent the motel an email asking them to reverse these outrageous charges. Thus far, no response or action. As upset as I am about this, I will stay there again because it is the best place in Farmington (not many great choices there). Just implore the management to be more upfront about extra charges for commonly expected amenities these days. Be safe and courteous on the road fellow travelers; prayers for safe travel for all, Brother Bill, Shepherd's Assistant, Nazarean Missions - nazareanmissions.org

Room Tip: Never had a bad room there yet. Be sure to confirm if they will charge for common amenities such as...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Farmington, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

The staff here was so very kind and helpful. We lost our home to a fire, and during this extended stay the staff and management were the kindest people we have ever dealt with.
And I want to say there was 1 special Lady that made our stay the most enjoyable, Mrs Mary, You were the sweetest, kindest lady I have met IN YEARS! I wrote a personal letter to the management stating how they went above and beyond any expectation we had ever had. And employees like her need recognizition and her smiling friendly attitude made us all look forward to breakfast and just all around hospitality!
If you ever need a Very clean, friendly, and hospitable place to stay do not hesitate to go there.
The adjoining restaurant has amazing food and awesome servers!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Mountain Grove, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I only stayed here one night but was greeted by a member of the staff the moment I walked in the front door. I had left another hotel that same night after a bad experience and they made me feel really comfortable. The staff was very friendly and was helpful. The rooms were very clean and spacious and had everything you could possible need. There is a restaurant there that makes it easy for you to get a bite to eat and relax. I do a lot of traveling with my job now and will be staying there at least once a month. Thanks for making my stay a great one.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Tradition Inn? Share your experiences!